Time to guess the next "Star Wars" 12" figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Time to guess the next "Star Wars" 12" figure?

• Bespin Leia

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Hoth Leia

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Lando Calrisian

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Darth Maul

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Darth Tyranus/Count Dooku

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • Darth Sideous/Palpatine Ep. III

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Emperor Palpatine Ep. VI

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Darth Vader

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Other...

Votes: 6 5.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Visually, Dooku would be the least exciting Sith to start off the line with, but I would certainly buy him.

He will look nice alongside the already released Scaramanga figure and the yet to be released Saruman figure.

I voted for Maul, but somehow I have a strong feeling it's going to be Leia. I watched ESB the other night and I must say, It made me more excited to actually get a Leia figure. I hope they do her right.

jlcmsu said:
I said I basically that if I was wrong I wouldn't be upset because I would like to see him in PF first and that I would be happy whenever Maul comes if I'm wrong.

Is this English? You used "I" six times in the same sentence (7 if you count "I'm").

Also, "accuse" has 2 "C's".

elwood49 said:
Is this English? You used "I" six times in the same sentence (7 if you count "I'm").

Also, "accuse" has 2 "C's".

Your point is what? The fact that I got in a hurry and made a sentence that was a tad goofy. LOL:D Dude, How weak is it that you have to lower yourself to going after grammatical and spelling errors?

LOL :monkey5

Edit: I changed that sentence for ya a little. :p

Last edited:
I think they should do Dooku next, but anyway, I had some thoughts today about Sidious and Yoda. Once they do Yoda, he'll be a rather small figure, and although it wouldn't cost as much, I don't think he would hold up on his own. So, my thoughts would be a two-pack, Prequel Yoda with Sidious, and then another release of OT Yoda with Dagobah Luke. It would be cool, the box could have one side with Yoda and then the other side with Sidious, and then flaps that flip open to tell stuff about them. The Yoda/Sidious release could have alternate hands where they could be using the force against each other. And the Yoda/Luke release could have him with the backpack so that you can put it in that pose where Yoda is training Luke. It would be awesome, you could do a bunch of cool poses with those. It would probably then go for $70-$80. The reason that they shouldn't do Dooku as the Yoda two-pack is because he really has a big part and should be a stand-alone version, but Prequel Sidious is only like that on screen for a little while so people wouldn't be mad that they would have to pay a lot to get him. Same with Dagobah Luke.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

I voted for "Maul" as I believe he will be the next figure. However, the one "I" would really want to see next is "Bespin Leia" ("Hoth Leia" would be great too!), the good folks at Sideshow (not to mention everyone in this forum) must be tired of having me "beg" for her!

Not that I don't want "Darth Maul" (or any of the other characters on the list above), he would be awesome and a must have for sure!

However, right now the only figure I want more than "Leia" is "Vader"! But I suspect we won't see him till end of 2007/early 2008... I could be wrong of course?

Here are my over all top 5 "must have" figures/characters that have not yet been announced:

1. Darth Vader
2. Leia
3. Boba Fett
4. Darth Maul
5. Palpatine/Emperor from Ep. III or VI

There are plenty more I want and look forward too but those are my top 5.

Now, when we saw "Bespin Leia" are we talking about the dress or the white jumper she wore later?

I think Yoda could easily stand alone. As long as he's accessorized out the wazoo. If you gave me an Episode III Yoda with Force-weilding, lightsaber-holding, and electricity blocking hands, Council Chair, Floating Chair, walking stick, lightsaber, hilt, and Security Pedestal featuring the holo Anakin bowing before Sidious, I'd gladly pay the $45.

Also, if you gave me an Episode V Yoda with alternate hands, a rock/ log base to sit on, walking stick, Rebel rations, Training Backpack, bowl of stew, "floating" rocks on clear bases, and alternate "eyes-closed because I'm lifting your stupid X-Wing" head, I'd again pay $45.

Alternately, if you wanted to release one figure with all of these accessories, and alternate III/V costumes and heads, I'd pay $75 easy.

Throw in a base made for posing in flipping/fighting mode for an even $100.

As long as he's poseable as any SSC figure.:D

My Guess is Dooku.

Why does no one mention Chewbacca? I don't think he will be around any time soon but he's my pick.

I made a top 5 as well.
1.Chewbacca
2.Darth Vader
3.Lando
4.Yoda
5.Wampa ice creature (I can dream)

I picked mostly ones who Hasbro did a poor job on. I love Dooku and Qui Gon, Maul etc but Hasbro did a decent job on all these.

OK, if we're doing TOP FIVE, here's mine:

1. Darth Vader
2. Bobe Fett
3. Darth Maul
4. Chewbacca (fully furred)
5. Yoda (ESB -- I just like the idea of having a fully realized, clothed, articulated 4 inch Yoda)

I am guessing it will be either Dooku or Sideous... but I will hope for Vader.

Any of these would be great,
1.Darth Maul
2.Count Dooku
3.Princess Leia (Hoth)
4.Lando Calrissian (Bespin)
5.Emperor Palpatine (ROTJ)

Please Sideshow, NO MORE JEDI!!!

ROTJ Palpatine would be a ballsy move and you just know Mat or Andy can't wait to get their skillful hands busy sculpting him the way he should be... great companion piece to Jedi Luke:lightsabe

I voted for Maul, and I hope the exclusive is the nasty black Sith probe droid. After all these Jedi, it is time somebody came along to cut them down to size..:D

I went with Darth Sideous/Palpatine Ep. III. I do think that is most likely the next figure. But could it be a possibility that the possible SDCC exclusive Anakin as Vader from Ep. III (before the life support suit) is that next Sith they're talking about? I personally hope not.

screamingmetal said:
I went with Darth Sideous/Palpatine Ep. III. I do think that is most likely the next figure. But could it be a possibility that the possible SDCC exclusive Anakin as Vader from Ep. III (before the life support suit) is that next Sith they're talking about? I personally hope not.

Extra crispy Anakin better not be the SDCC figure... there would be no way I would be able to get that one.

Maybe the Comic con figure should be Jar Jar? I'm not kidding, a lot of people would pass on him but some would buy him because he would be so rare, would be funny if the sought out figure of the collection was jar jar.

If we're only getting 4 more figures this year, that means one in April, May, June and the last in July. Does that mean no more figures past August?

I don't think so. I assuming it means all figures ordered past July will not be reaching us until '07. So I guess that means we can count on a figure a month for...eternity?....Or until interest dies in Star Wars, whichever comes first.

I think we might be instore for a little break and maybe no new 12" till we are closer to SDCC. Which means we might see a PF in there someplace and hopefully some new LOTR items.

jlcmsu said:
I think we might be instore for a little break and maybe no new 12" till we are closer to SDCC. Which means we might see a PF in there someplace and hopefully some new LOTR items.

Do you really think SS will halt the craze for SW figs? So far, the LOTR hasn't interfered with their selling. In fact, I've got all 2 LOTR 12"ers on order mostly because of the SS craze. I hope they don't slow things down to the point where we're waiting 2 months between SW figures. I need my fix, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back