Tim Burton's "9"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa

Super Freak
Reaction score
This looked kind of cool, just saw a preview tonight.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/JIpZxBczWUg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/JIpZxBczWUg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Tim Burton is just one producer for the film, it's not really his own body of work.

I first started seeing trailers for this film once 'Coraline' came out. The animation and story look/sound very interesting, so I'll be there to see it in the theaters in September. On a weird side note, everytime I do see this film I'm reminded of the Oddworld games for some reason (just something about the main characters that remind me of Abe and Co.). :lol

Tim Burton is just one producer for the film, it's not really his own body of work.

I first started seeing trailers for this film once 'Coraline' came out. The animation and story look/sound very interesting, so I'll be there to see it in the theaters in September. On a weird side note, everytime I do see this film I'm reminded of the Oddworld games for some reason (just something about the main characters that remind me of Abe and Co.). :lol

I thought it was some video game thing at first too, except I thought "Little Big World" which I've never played.

The trailer for this played before Star Trek when I went to see it last week. It looked oddly apocalyptic...but for kids.

And it's "Little Big Planet". The characters in 9 look like LBP's Sackboy characters.

I hadn't heard of this - I think it looks very interesting and it has a great cast of actors. I'm definitely going to check it out.

For some reason I get an "I don't know feeling" with this film.

The trailer looks OK, and there's a great cast of voice actors, but like some said before, it has a Little Big Planet feel about it.

A sort of Little Big Planet meets Terminator or something like that.

I definitely want to see the film, but I don't think this will be a theatre-visit for me.

This is based on a brilliant short. There is no dialogue in the short film, which I personally think was WAY more interesting than the mainstream actor-saturated approach they are taking with the studio version.

Re: 9

Sure does, I was very impressed with what I saw at Con.

I think this is like the third or fourth thread on this. It sucks 'cause it doesn't show up in search.

As for the movie itself, I'm not really digging the character designs, but I'll watch it.

I think this is like the third or fourth thread on this. It sucks 'cause it doesn't show up in search.

As for the movie itself, I'm not really digging the character designs, but I'll watch it.

Yeah...I looked for a thread on it as I have been guilty of creating multi-threads lately. So feel free to merge this one with another.

I saw the trailer in theaters at first glance me and my cousin thought it was a kiddie movie, then coheed and cambria kicked in and all these epic scenes started playing :lol that wasn't at all what I was expecting. It looks pretty cool :rock

I think I am going to really like it---I already predicted it to be my favorite movie of the year.

Comes out 9/9/9, exactly 1 week from now. I'll see in theatres for sure. Is this going to be on IMAX?

Last edited:

I haven't merged a thread in a while. It's funny that you can't do a search because the title is too short. (I imagine that things will get even more confusing when Rob Marshall's "Nine" is released.)

I would like to take my son to see this, if it's not too PG-13. (The Tim Burton one, I mean.)

You mean the Shane Acker one. Not the Tim Burton one...he's just a producer.

Poor Shane.

And yes, its going to be pretty intense, and violent. So they say...

Back