Tim burtin's batman need 1/6?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
snakebeater said:
speaking of which, have you guys seen the henry wayne Batman and Batman Returns figure? now those are execptional... with the removable cowl and everything.

Ive been looking forward to getting one of those the detail is incredable.

DekeStarkiller said:
I'd rather not see one, since those films now pale in comparison to BB. So, actually I'd rather have one of the three versions of the Bale Bats.

Agree that Begins puts them all to shame, but the suit and Batmobile in the first movie are still awesome designs.

legendsofbatman-batman___batmobile.jpg

EVILFACE said:
Agree that Begins puts them all to shame, but the suit and Batmobile in the first movie are still awesome designs.

legendsofbatman-batman___batmobile.jpg

hehe, this is probably the only time i will agree with you on something, but yeah...as awesome and kickass as begins is, the 89 batman was and is still awesome.

Batman Begins was the best of the bunch... but my all time favorite Batman suit would have to be BATMAN RETURNS!!!

89 suit - was too crude and sloppy.. Bruce wayne is a billionare and thats alll he could afford?!??!

92 suit - was sleak and more like armor. I loved how the cowl was with the smoother finish. This was defintely the best design of them all.

95 suits - The panther suit was also cool looking... but the nipples! It scarred me for life.

97 suits - should I say anymore? Batman on Ice?

05 suit - my scound favorite, just awsome... based off real military stuff... a real world Batman.

Comparing Burton's Batyman and BB is like apples and oranges. Two totally different styles... but for me, I much prefer the first Batman movie. Batman begins is awesome, but it doesn't have as much style (IMO) that Burton's version had.

And I think that Keaton was a brilliant choice to play the role.

Keaton was baddass as batman.... but not much character development....

but this is by far my favorite scene of all the batman movies.... this is the ideal image of gotham... it's the first connotation that comes to mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLIThrMHEhk

I really need a 92 Batman figure.... I think we need to start another crusade. LOL

Keaton will always be THE Batman for me.

Returns is my favorite film and armor.

That said, I still LOVED BB but not quiet as much as the original and Returns.

Danny Elfman's score is just perfect too.

I hope we get a PF or Cinemaquette from either of these.

Please no Kilmer or Clooney versions though....sigh.

Last edited:
Gruson said:
Keaton will always be THE Batman for me.

Returns is my favorite film and armor.

That said, I still LOVED BB but not quiet as much as the original and Returns.

Danny Elfman's score is just perfect too.

I hope we get a PF or Cinemaquette from either of these.

Please no Kilmer or Clooney versions though....sigh.
Count me in as someone else who loves Batman Returns. Can never get enough of Christopher Walken.

Re: Tim Burton's Batman need 1/6?

The biggest problem with the first Tim Burton Batman, outside of it using Keaton, was that it wasn't a Batman film. It turned into a Joker movie that showcased Nicholson. And I think Batman Returns got overly dark, the plot suffering in the meanwhile. Don't get me wrong, I like Keaton. In Mr. Mom, Johnny Dangerously, Beetlejuice, Night Shift......

Yeah but what Keaton did that NO ONE did until Bale was play both Bruce Wayne and Batman, two distinct and different identities. He really was the first to pull it off. Plus Brton said his reason to cast Keaton was he did look kind of weird, and what kind of guy would dress up like a bat? Someone a little strange, still charming and personable, but weird and dark at the same time and Keaton nails it. I think Bale is the next best and is great for the role currently, but it'll always be Keaton in my eyes, he was dark and he was moody,and at the same time he was charming and a playboy. I think his subtlety next to the Joker is what makes his performance standout. Plus the Joker ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS stands outmore than Batman, that's why Batman needs to be more subtle to play off the Joker. Perfect enemies forever.

There's a difference between standing out and taking over.The Joker took over the film. It should have been a Joker movie with the guest hero being Batman. And, at times, his depiction of Wayne came off more "dumb" than brooding or playboyish. Superman's Clark Kent is supposed to be a bit naive compareddto Supes, but Wayne is supposed to be a businees genius millionaire, or today a billionaire. I just think they missed the mark. I remember getting in on a sneak preview of an advance midnight showing and leaving the theatre feeling let down. And I'm a HUGE superhero fan.

I liked Keaton, but . . ..

Keaton Batman < Bale Batman x100000000

Begins was about Batman. Not the Joker, Riddler, Two Face, "Penguin" (horrible horrible horrible).

I would love a Burton Batman series -- including Joker, Penguin and Catwoman; all cool designs I thought (although I preferred the "poster" version of the Penguin to what was on screen). Its too bad the 3rd and 4th movies went back to the Batman TV series style of ridiculous cartoon villains and worse. Although, honestly, they're all horrible movies in terms of story, pacing, structure, etc, etc, etc. But (the first two) do have a great stylized look and a great score...and they did capture that dark, Bladerunner style Gotham fairly well back in the day.

snakebeater said:
you can't possibley make a good batman with george clooney.

really? I actually thought Clooney was great as Wayne and Batman.... it's just unfortunate that he was a crappy film version. Being the kind of fella he is he just always blamed himself for it... which I always though was incredibly unfair

it was the dirrecctorrrrrrrrrrrr lol

Back