Tiger Woods Done 4 Season

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! Aren't you special. :monkey3 Then you should be ready for the PGA Tour soon if it only takes skill. :lol If you honestly don't think Golf takes athletic ability I can't take you serious in this discussion. Might just want to stick to Hockey Kit.

Please don't jump up on your high horse again Josh. I am giving my opinion on the matter. If you don't agree fine, but I am not making comments about not talking you seriously.

And yes, people can pratice and practice at golf and get better and better. I'm sorry that I don't feel like golf takes athletic ability. I feel that it takes a great deal of talent & skill ( which most people lack ).

Drawing takes talent and skill too, but not everyone can do, but it does not make an artist an athlete.

Sport is an activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively. Sports commonly refer to activities where the physical capabilities of the competitor are the sole or primary determiner of the outcome (winning or losing), but the term is also used to include activities such as mind sports (a common name for some card games and board games with little to no element of chance) and motor sports where mental acuity or equipment quality are major factors. Some of the physical sports include association football, basketball, water polo, and baseball.

I don't know if I agree with this.

Well then video games are a sport too. I mean you're working your fingers a lot and there is no pre-determinted outcome.

I think of sports as sports and games ( golf, darts ) as games.

So does grabbin ahold of yourself count. I believe some people would be masters of that.:rotfl

They have competitive gaming so I would say yes it is in fact a sport. You are also using physical energy to manipulate the remote. It also has a predetermined set of rules. So that being said it follows the very definition of the word sport.

Well, from your words then anything that is competitive enters the world of "sport" and thus = a sport. I don't really agree, but that's fine. I mean the debate club competes against another team, but it's hardly a sport.

Well, from your words then anything that is competitive enters the world of "sport" and thus = a sport. I don't really agree, but that's fine. I mean the debate club competes against another team, but it's hardly a sport.

A verbal or written confrontation isn't something I would call a sport either. Well I am going to leave this serious discussion for now and go back to what I do best. :rotfl

Please don't jump up on your high horse again Josh. I am giving my opinion on the matter. If you don't agree fine, but I am not making comments about not talking you seriously.

And yes, people can practice and practice at golf and get better and better. I'm sorry that I don't feel like golf takes athletic ability. I feel that it takes a great deal of talent & skill ( which most people lack ).

Drawing takes talent and skill too, but not everyone can do, but it does not make an artist an athlete.

My horse is never high. Just slightly buzzed. :lol

Athletic Talent=Athletic Ability IMO

So according to you guys, the stuff they show on ESPN2 with the guys standing on top of wood logs and chopping them then with axes is a sport?????

Id say the fact that Woods is taking time off for a torn ligament and a double stress fracture pretty much proves it involves athletic ability :lol

... relly though, this is a dumb argument that will never end......

Id say the fact that Woods is taking time off for a torn ligament and a double stress fracture pretty much proves it involves athletic ability :lol

My mon torn ligaments when she tripped in the yard. She's an athlete! :lol

In Woods' case I'll he IS an athlete who happens to play golf. Not that golf make him an athlete.

I think it shows the level of his talent and athletic ability to still win the US open with that.

You're correct though this is a debate that won't end. :lol

I think it shows the level of his talent and athletic ability to still win the US open with that.

You're correct though this is a debate that won't end. :lol

Or it shows that golf isn't a sport because you can't win at sports with a broken leg........

My mon torn ligaments when she tripped in the yard. She's an athlete! :lol

In Woods' case I'll he IS an athlete who happens to play golf. Not that golf make him an athlete.

Id like to see you walk 18holes and then still claim it takes no athletic ability ... :lol

Back