Thunderball PF Bond?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It certainly seems to have the same pose and most likely the same sculpt. But, what I can't understand is, why would sideshow make another Connery when there are three other Bonds that need to be made??:emperor

carbo-fation said:
It certainly seems to have the same pose and most likely the same sculpt. But, what I can't understand is, why would sideshow make another Connery when there are three other Bonds that need to be made??:emperor

Sideshow seemingly lost interest in making anything major for the Bond line about two years ago. They've just given sporadic, ill conceived product for ages now.

Because Connery is the definitive Bond.

I hope that image showing his chest is only hiding the fact that he comes with the helmet and jet pack.

It can't be the jetpack Connery -- he had a very bright blue shirt in that scene.

Don't go by the "blue-screen" shots of him where his shirt has turned gray.

hmm. at first, i was like... new Bond PF? Wha???
I've got Connery and Brosnan, and waiting for my Moore.

Between this Thunderball one and getting a Dalton Bond if they ever came out with one, I'd go with the Dalton Bond, granted it has to be Black Tux version.

not knockin it all the way, but yeah, to change the outfit but keep the pose does suck if this is the case. maybe it's just a teaser image, but it's an entirely different pose. but if it really is just an outfit change, that would suck a bit and say 'lame'. :( and that sucks cuz SSC doesn't suck and isn't lame.

What is mind boggling is the fact that they can do the scuba gear Thunderball Connery in 1:6 scale and cannot even make a jet pack?!?! Seriously, it's not beyond the realm of possibility for them to make and considering that image of Connery in the tux arms folded with the jet pack and holding his PPK across his chest is one of the most iconic images from the Connery era that I would expect them to capture in PF.

dekadentdave said:
What is mind boggling is the fact that they can do the scuba gear Thunderball Connery in 1:6 scale and cannot even make a jet pack?!?! Seriously, it's not beyond the realm of possibility for them to make and considering that image of Connery in the tux arms folded with the jet pack and holding his PPK across his chest is one of the most iconic images from the Connery era that I would expect them to capture in PF.

Maybe SS didn't do so well profit-wise with that Thunderball 12". I got it, and its one of my favorite pieces... but I see a lot of them on ebay for a lot less than I paid thru Sideshow. Maybe they don't want a repeat.

dekadentdave said:
Seriously, it's not beyond the realm of possibility for them to make and considering that image of Connery in the tux arms folded with the jet pack and holding his PPK across his chest is one of the most iconic images from the Connery era that I would expect them to capture in PF.

I can't agree with you more. Connery with the jetpack is a missed opportunity by Sideshow. Course, judging by the recent offerings nobody at Sideshow gets what fans want from a Bond line.

Morgan the Raider said:
I can't agree with you more. Connery with the jetpack is a missed opportunity by Sideshow. Course, judging by the recent offerings nobody at Sideshow gets what fans want from a Bond line.

Yeah. Obviously they think we want dudes in suits.

I want jetpacks and little Nellie's and some villains (in suits).

Morgan the Raider said:

And they wonder why sales are down when nobody is biting on the gimmicky rehashes. Why can't they just give us what we want? They know we want it and we know that they know that we know we want it. Just do it!

dekadentdave said:
And they wonder why sales are down when nobody is biting on the gimmicky rehashes. Why can't they just give us what we want? They know we want it and we know that they know that we know we want it. Just do it!
I assume you are talking about the fact that you are dying for a 1/4 scale Craig Bond.:lol

tomandshell said:
Next in line will be the variant Roger Moore PF that actually has fingers.

Good one Tom!!

And by the way, does anyone have a picture or link to Connery in that outfit from the film??? I searched Google Images for like 30 pages and finally gave up!

lcummins said:
And by the way, does anyone have a picture or link to Connery in that outfit from the film??? I searched Google Images for like 30 pages and finally gave up!

I did the exact same thing and came up empty.

conneryreduxip6.jpg

Back