Statue Thror. The King under the mountain. 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! They came out pretty decent. It's a really nice piece with quite a bit of detail. He's not in the kovies much but it is such an impressive piece I wanted to add it to my collection.

Took some more today just to see if I could do better. I think between the two days I've got a few good ones. Still think I could do better.

IMG_3242 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_3252 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_3256 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_3258 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_3267 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_3270 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_3272 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_3283 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_3287 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_3290 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice photos Josh this is a awesome piece :)

Nice photos, I really like this piece. It has great detail on Thror and the throne looks great. Fairly good size too.

Thanks guys! I think I got some good ones between the two days. It really is a very nice piece. I am quite impressed with it from the time I saw it at SDCC to now. It does a great job I think of capturing the magnificence that is the Dwarven culture at its height.

Thanks guys! I think I got some good ones between the two days. It really is a very nice piece. I am quite impressed with it from the time I saw it at SDCC to now. It does a great job I think of capturing the magnificence that is the Dwarven culture at its height.

Yes, very much. Nicely put. With this and the gates of Erebor environment, I wonder if Weta has anything else dwarvish planned.

I don't know but I hope so. I mean besides the rest of Thorin's company. I'd love a couple generic Dwarve soldiers either the ones with Dain or in Erebor before Smaug.

I see you have a statue of Beorn too :wink1:
Nice pictures. Thankfull that you are showing for thoose who are thinkin about getting it.

I see you have a statue of Beorn too :wink1:
Nice pictures. Thankfull that you are showing for thoose who are thinkin about getting it.

Yeah they love looking out the door when I take photos. :lol

Thanks! I think they came out alright. I could probably do a little better but its all about the time of day this early into basically sprint here in Missouri. I need the leaves on the trees to grow in and they give me the proper shade from the light. It's worth getting I think if you want a great Dwarven display.

:duff spring is starting over here too.
Sun is shining.

Can you also give an answer on the kili dwarf painting?
Did you do anything on the facial painting?
I received mine last friday,and it wasn't quit beautyful as seen on other pictures.
So I contacted Weta,they agree,and already sent me a new one.
It's on it's way.
Such a great service and communication with Weta

Sure, I can give ya an answer. :)
No, I didn't do anything to mine. Mine in the pictures is exactly how you see it.

Back