ThreeZero Toys: 1:6 AMC's The Walking Dead Michonne's Pet Walkers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ThreeZero Toys: 1:6 AMC's The Walking Dead

They have the license so I'd think they have the rights to the actor's likeness. Not sure what happened to that sculpt. I guess that's just how it turned out in production?

Most companies don't show anything till the figure is up for preorder, while I too love seeing WiP's in fairness to ThreeZero, they don't have to show us anything, getting those work in progress pics are a kind gesture, not an obligation.
Normally I'd agree but I'd say 3Zero does have an obligation to show us what we want to see. They release vague WIP shots of a prototype torso then show nothing for months. They aren't HT with a wide range of releases so fans know what to expect. Their only big license release is just a couple zombies that frankly could be from anything. When we're expected to blindly pay in full for a figure that's only up for preorder for a short time months before we can see final product shots, they owe us some reassurance along the way.

They have the license so I'd think they have the rights to the actor's likeness. Not sure what happened to that sculpt. I guess that's just how it turned out in production?

Confirmed today that some licenses include actors rights and some do not

they owe us some reassurance along the way.

:rotfl Umm, thats not how business, any business, works. You are not a lender, nor an investor. They don't owe you anything. Buy the products if you want them, don' t buy them if you don't. Pre-order or wait until they've been released. The choice is yours ultimately, but don't confuse any of this with some kind of obligation on the part of the producer.

Been re-watching the Governor's arc in Season 4. Really enjoyed the sympathetic yet twisted nature of his entire development in Season 4 and I would really love it if they made that version of the Governor...

Been re-watching the Governor's arc in Season 4. Really enjoyed the sympathetic yet twisted nature of his entire development in Season 4 and I would really love it if they made that version of the Governor...

You don't mean One-Eyed Bri, do you?

twd_406_gp_0712_0109-710x400.jpg

Not my cup of tea. If we ever get the Governor, I want this.

the-governor-the-walking-dead_0-600x450.jpg

With alternate head.

The-Governor-The-Walking-Dead-gun.jpg

:rotfl Umm, thats not how business, any business, works. You are not a lender, nor an investor. They don't owe you anything. Buy the products if you want them, don' t buy them if you don't. Pre-order or wait until they've been released. The choice is yours ultimately, but don't confuse any of this with some kind of obligation on the part of the producer.
Yeah, because it's a huge monetary investment to post some pictures on Facebook.

You don't mean One-Eyed Bri, do you?

twd_406_gp_0712_0109-710x400.jpg

Haha! Most definitely not what I was talking about. :lol
I was referring to his look when he became the camp leader right up to the prison confrontation in "Too Far Gone".
1209218_640262885995116_404144406_n.jpg

Walking-dead-too-far.jpg

MV5BMjIyODc0MTE5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjQzNzI3MDE%40._V1._SX640_SY960_.jpg

Should come with a bloodied version of Michonne's sword and his handgun and the King chess piece with the eye-patch. Personally prefer the longer, messier hair and brown/black leather jacket. He looked really menacing in a lot of his scenes and it's probably my favorite appearance of him in the show even if it's less showy than his previous looks.

Haha! Most definitely not what I was talking about. :lol
I was referring to his look when he became the camp leader right up to the prison confrontation in "Too Far Gone".
1209218_640262885995116_404144406_n.jpg

Walking-dead-too-far.jpg

MV5BMjIyODc0MTE5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjQzNzI3MDE%40._V1._SX640_SY960_.jpg

Should come with a bloodied version of Michonne's sword and his handgun and the King chess piece with the eye-patch. Personally prefer the longer, messier hair and brown/black leather jacket. He looked really menacing in a lot of his scenes and it's probably my favorite appearance of him in the show even if it's less showy than his previous looks.

That too is a great look!

Hmm ... I'm kinda leaning toward the quilted vest/long duster look myself.

I guess we all got our favorites. Of course, the ideal scenario would be if ThreeZero decides to give us all versions.
It's one of the rare times where I wouldn't mind a bit of that double-dipping mentality that HT loves. :lol

I guess we all got our favorites. Of course, the ideal scenario would be if ThreeZero decides to give us all versions.
It's one of the rare times where I wouldn't mind a bit of that double-dipping mentality that HT loves. :lol

Heck, while we're at it, how about an extra head with the bloody eye bandage look!

I hated David Morrissey as the Governor. I'd rather his slot be used up by someone else.

I hated David Morrissey as the Governor. I'd rather his slot be used up by Dale.

Me too man, I have no clue why people love him, they should of gotten a better actor, the govenor to me just seemed like some dweeb with an anger problem.

Me too man, I have no clue why people love him, they should of gotten a better actor, the govenor to me just seemed like some dweeb with an anger problem.

That beard he had bug the crap out of me it looks so fake it was so distracting

But he was a dweeb with an anger problem! That's why he was great as the Governor! :lol

The only thing I found hard to believe was when he nearly beat Rick to death. Seriously? The same Rick who killed Shane and knocked the **** out of Tyreese?

The only thing I found hard to believe was when he nearly beat Rick to death. Seriously? The same Rick who killed Shane and knocked the **** out of Tyreese?
To be fair, this is the same Governor who killed Merle and a group of zombies with his bare hands, so he's no wimp that's for sure (didn't help that Rick was injured and tired from the flu arc and how he hasn't seen as much action as the Governor at the time).

Personally liked David Morrissey as the Governor, I felt he brought a nice fatherly vibe to the role despite the character being a raging psycho. :lol

I'd be down for a S3 Gov. right after he lost his eye. 3/4 trench with leather collar look

Confirmed today that some licenses include actors rights and some do not

This is true, HT did this with a bunch of older licenses like Aliens & Predator. I just assumed that Threezero had the actors likeness because I didn't think that any high-end company would take that approach today, given the evolution and comp in the industry. It made sense 7-8 years ago when HT was doing it but I just can't see it flying today. If you're going to chase a lukewarm license like Robo-reboot, your best chance at selling high end figures is delivering a mind-blowing sculpt. There's too much out there to compare to and choose from nowadays. They have TWD actors consent so I'd be surprised if they don't have a deal with Kinnaman.

I don't know if "owe" is the right word, but it's not exactly too far off either. Everyone talks about this "buy or don't buy" theory, but where would these producers be if everyone "didn't buy"? There should be a certain (high) level of dedication and devotion to the fans because none of these manufacturers would have a business without them

This is true, HT did this with a bunch of older licenses like Aliens & Predator. I just assumed that Threezero had the actors likeness because I didn't think that any high-end company would take that approach today, given the evolution and comp in the industry. It made sense 7-8 years ago when HT was doing it but I just can't see it flying today. If you're going to chase a lukewarm license like Robo-reboot, your best chance at selling high end figures is delivering a mind-blowing sculpt. There's too much out there to compare to and choose from nowadays. They have TWD actors consent so I'd be surprised if they don't have a deal with Kinnaman.

Keep in mind, this guy "confirmed" it by posting a question in the General Discussion forum here. . . so, it's not confirmed at all. :lol It's not like he spoke with threezero about it.

IDKWTF we're still talking about Robocop in the Walking Dead thread, but 'when in Rome. . . ', I will bet dollars to donuts that MGM or Kinnaman's agent requested those changes be made. Why? Because that's how these guys work. Kinnaman probably hates his long nose, so he wants his action figures to have a shorter nose. They're not going to intentionally change the likeness to make it worse. The idea that they don't have Kinnaman's likeness rights so they made his nose slightly shorter and his eyes slightly smaller is completely laughable. If they didn't have rights, it wouldn't look like him at all.

Keep in mind, this guy "confirmed" it by posting a question in the General Discussion forum here. . . so, it's not confirmed at all. :lol It's not like he spoke with threezero about it.
all.
:lol
bc0e38c49330c42c5388afbb595f6f84.jpg

Back