ThreeZero: The Walking Dead - Daryl Dixon 1:6 Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked him up, didn't really like the headsculpt so I got the damtoys version and swapped the hairpiece out (I guess I could've just rooted the hair for all that). Dyed his shirt and added the ties at his ankles. I like him a lot more now. Gave him a bike as well.

PSX_20180817_100809.jpg
PSX_20180817_100845.jpg

How did you go about switching the hair?

It was a long process. I got the damtoys sculpt since it has more of a likeness. But it has the neck attached. So I cut the neck off right under the jawline and around the head, and dremmeled the hair all off.
All you have to do is put the whole head under boiling water for a minute. Then peel the hair off carefully. Inside the hair sculpt, there are pegs. Dremmeling them down so it sits flush on the dome.

Like I said, I might as well have done the rooted hair approach lol.

After a lot of back and forth between the USPS and 3Z I finally got this yesterday, about 2 months later than scheduled. Post office lost it, later found it, and of course the box arrived partially caved in. Fortunately the figure is unharmed so at this point I'm not going to complain, just happy to have him in. One of the more patience trying experiences I have had with a package:mad:

Figure looks great, was wondering if anyone could recommend a bike that is close enough to mod into a decent companion piece? Ta2 yours looks great, mind sharing what bike you customized?

After a lot of back and forth between the USPS and 3Z I finally got this yesterday, about 2 months later than scheduled. Post office lost it, later found it, and of course the box arrived partially caved in. Fortunately the figure is unharmed so at this point I'm not going to complain, just happy to have him in. One of the more patience trying experiences I have had with a package:mad:

Figure looks great, was wondering if anyone could recommend a bike that is close enough to mod into a decent companion piece? Ta2 yours looks great, mind sharing what bike you customized?

Hey thanks. It was a 1/6 chopper bike I found on eBay. It was fairly cheap too. Some go for almost $200, while the one I got is $40+.
Mind you, it doesn't look anything special, you have to do a lot of work to it.

No, sadly it never happened. They teased us with this work table pic (and others that included the "Bicycle Girl", if memory serves) but they never ended up releasing them. This was all during the long, long, long dry spell between the release of Michonne's Pets and the later season Rick.

Ah man. That sucks.

:exactly:

Such a shame they couldn't get this line in gear when the show was at its most popular. I know my interest has certainly faded. I'll be signing off after Glenn. Just too many other shiny objects competing for my money and display space. Plus several years back I bashed a pretty kick-ass custom Sheriff Rick (that I spent way more money on than I'd like to admit), so I'm covered if 3Z eventually released one.

:exactly:

Such a shame they couldn't get this line in gear when the show was at its most popular. I know my interest has certainly faded. I'll be signing off after Glenn. Just too many other shiny objects competing for my money and display space. Plus several years back I bashed a pretty kick-ass custom Sheriff Rick (that I spent way more money on than I'd like to admit), so I'm covered if 3Z eventually released one.

I hear you. I just added Carol to the collection. Just need Glenn and negan then I'm done.

Great job with the poncho! I'm struggling to get mine to look as good as you have done here. And I agree that Daryl is really nice, definitely one of the best humans 3Z has done.

thanks brother! after you drape it openly over his head just start by pinching the front part of the poncho and accordion it back. think pleats. then you can just smooth over the material to contour over the shoulders and back. sorry if that all doesnt make sense lol

Back