threezero is expanding the 1:6 GI JOE line for 2022!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up @misterm :hi5:

He does look pretty great! I think I'll keep my sideshow version and just add some of it's pieces to this 3Z version. I like the weapon's case on both and having both open at his feet could be a cool display. I wish there was a reveal of the other gauntlet to show the red granades in a similar way they did for the rockets so you could have a bit more of a classic look. For $150, can't really complain though.
That's a good idea....do you know if the leather/pleather on his suit will hold up though or eventually crack???

That's a good idea....do you know if the leather/pleather on his suit will hold up though or eventually crack???
Are you talking about the shirt on the 3Z version? If so, it’s not made of pleather. All that detailing is just screen-printed onto a semi-stretchy fabric. Given that it appears to be the same as what they used on Snake Eyes, it’s incredibly durable. I hand washed and machine dried the Snake Eyes shirt this weekend to shrink it back to size as I had stretched it out and made it a bit loose from trying it on different bodies and it’s completely in tact with no signs of any wear.

If you’re talking about the leather/pleather elements on Sideshow Destro, I’ve found that Sideshow’s pleather tends to be more durable than what most other companies use and haven’t had any cracking on him.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up @misterm :hi5:

He does look pretty great! I think I'll keep my sideshow version and just add some of it's pieces to this 3Z version. I like the weapon's case on both and having both open at his feet could be a cool display. I wish there was a reveal of the other gauntlet to show the red granades in a similar way they did for the rockets so you could have a bit more of a classic look. For $150, can't really complain though.
If you want, you could swap the Destro Sideshow necklace and also the Sideshow case would look awesome with TZ Destro and his accessories. I still have an old Sideshow Firefly case too if I ever want to build a dio scene. Yeah, for the price I'm very happy with what we're getting. I just hope they release more characters soon :)

And Threezero Cobra Commander full reveal is up... he doesn't come with much but he looks great. I'll PO him to go along with my hooded Sideshow 1/6 Commander. Such an awesome time for GI Joe fans! Bring on the ladies next

He looks better in some pics where the tailoring looks nice and sharp and other pics it looks a bit baggy. Also, a bit surprised by how bare bones he is. Thought he’d at least come with his laser gun from the original card art. Hoping the face shield is chromed during production, but if not, I have some chrome tape I may try to use in this or some chrome paint. Though chrome paint is usually pretty hard to do one your own.

Accessories Ian or generally one of ThreeZero’s strengths. I mean they don’t even include stands. A couple of hands and a key weapon or two is about all they are good for. Storm Shadow was probably one of their most kitted out figures.

New Cobra Commander imo is a thing of beauty. Threezero did an amazing job on both him and Destro. The only gripe is no hood which makes me still love the Sideshow version but I'm still getting both of these new figs regardless. It would be amazing though if they could chrome the CC face shield, agreed. Desto is perfect as he is but I give these a 9/10. Actually 9.5 if we factor in price as long as they turn out like the proto which they usually do.

Given the variants for Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes, I could see them doing a hooded CoCo variant. I saw a pin the other day on Box Lunch that had the hood so Hasbro isn’t entirely shutting it down as has been rumored. So that gives me hope we’re just a bit bit away from seeing it offered up again in more numbers. When it’s down right, there is an almost elegant flow to the lower hood. When it’s done poorly, like most cosplays, it ends up looking a bit like a blue KKK mask, which is what I’m assuming they’re trying to avoid.

1692242840210.jpeg

Vs
1692242919766.jpeg

I don’t know if pleating the lower portion would give it that flowing look better but it seems to be hard to capture in real life costumes. Ironically that mirrored mask is often done really well.
1692243029435.jpeg

Accessories Ian or generally one of ThreeZero’s strengths. I mean they don’t even include stands. A couple of hands and a key weapon or two is about all they are good for. Storm Shadow was probably one of their most kitted out figures.
True for the majority of 3Z figures, but most of their figures in the Joe line have come with a pretty decent amount of accessories up until CC. I would say even Destro is about par for the course

When you actually think about the contents, Snake Eyes has been their most kitted out figure, even over Storm Shadow.

Snake Eyes: two katanas, uzi, pistol, smoke grenades, flash bangs, knife, hidden blade
Storm Shadow: two katanas, nunchuka, bow and arrows ( add clawed hands for the camo version).— I would’ve loved a shuriken holding hand like the Sideshow camo version had—
Roadblock: knife, pistol, machine gun with ammo and tripod, backpack, helmet and glasses, frag grenades and smoke grenades
Firefly: pistol, sub machine gun, knife multiple grenades, explosives and the googles
Destro: pistol, other gun, rocket arm gauntlet swap out, weapons case with loadable bombs/rockets.

Then you have Cobra Commander with his 3 accessories (pistol, knife, cobra cane) and cape if you want to include it.

Not saying it’s a bad release as I will probably buy it. But one more gun, specifically his laser gun, wouldn’t have broken the bank. Thankfully, I have spare from the first Sideshow release, but, from a value standpoint, I’m a bit disappointed.
Given the variants for Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes, I could see them doing a hooded CoCo variant. I saw a pin the other day on Box Lunch that had the hood so Hasbro isn’t entirely shutting it down as has been rumored. So that gives me hope we’re just a bit bit away from seeing it offered up again in more numbers. When it’s down right, there is an almost elegant flow to the lower hood. When it’s done poorly, like most cosplays, it ends up looking a bit like a blue KKK mask, which is what I’m assuming they’re trying to avoid.
I don’t know if pleating the lower portion would give it that flowing look better but it seems to be hard to capture in real life costumes. Ironically that mirrored mask is often done really well.
Yea I don’t think a fabric mask (at least one done by 3Z) would look right at this scale. Like you said, done poorly just looks like a bad KKK hood and nobody (I’d hope) would want that. Sculpted would be the way to go and the flexible material Sideshow used on their V2 is ideal. Though, I would like it to look a bit more menacing like the V1 Sideshow hooded sculpt or even the hooded EX sculpt from the PF

Agreed, sculpted would still be the way to go with the hood. I really liked the Sideshow v1 sculpt. The v2 I didn’t like the eye hole shape, although it may have been a call back the 12 Hasbro figure with the removable hood. Sadly to young Buttmunch he still had that bandana over his face. I’ve grown to appreciate them not ever really giving him a definite face. Sunbow had their brief Cobrala thing but letting Cobra Commander not have a face makes him the perfect boogeyman. He could be anybody. The mirror mask drives that home and reflects the viewer as the face. Really amazing metaphor for a kids toy line.

Regardless, at $150 a pop, Threezero did a great job. I still think Sideshow did a great job on Baroness and Cobra Commander too. These are all easy to mix and match if you want to collect some Threezero and keep your Sideshow's or swap some Sideshow's for Threezero etc

Agreed, sculpted would still be the way to go with the hood. I really liked the Sideshow v1 sculpt. The v2 I didn’t like the eye hole shape, although it may have been a call back the 12 Hasbro figure with the removable hood. Sadly to young Buttmunch he still had that bandana over his face. I’ve grown to appreciate them not ever really giving him a definite face. Sunbow had their brief Cobrala thing but letting Cobra Commander not have a face makes him the perfect boogeyman. He could be anybody. The mirror mask drives that home and reflects the viewer as the face. Really amazing metaphor for a kids toy line.
Yea him never having a face was always super cool. Feels more like a threat when you don’t really know who he is. Though, as a kid, I always thought to myself “why does Cobra Commander sound just like Starscream?” :lol
Regardless, at $150 a pop, Threezero did a great job. I still think Sideshow did a great job on Baroness and Cobra Commander too. These are all easy to mix and match if you want to collect some Threezero and keep your Sideshow's or swap some Sideshow's for Threezero etc
Indeed. In a world where we now have $600 figures, $150 For these doesn’t seem so bad.

I hope threezero keeps making more announcements to generate excitement for this line. Destro looks great and price is very reasonable. Firefly is my favorite that they have done so far and Destro and Cobra Commander look like winners to me. I want a Scarlett since we never got one from sideshow.

I hope threezero keeps making more announcements to generate excitement for this line. Destro looks great and price is very reasonable. Firefly is my favorite that they have done so far and Destro and Cobra Commander look like winners to me. I want a Scarlett since we never got one from sideshow.
I'd rather have Mutt & Junkyard, Quick Kick, Snow Job etc....I'm so tired of companies doing the same characters over and over. There is more to GI Joe than Duke, Snake eyes, and Roadblock

I'd rather have Mutt & Junkyard, Quick Kick, Snow Job etc....I'm so tired of companies doing the same characters over and over. There is more to GI Joe than Duke, Snake eyes, and Roadblock
I get your point but I've brought this up before -- just because Sideshow did the A listers in the Joe line has nothing to do with Threezero's bottom line. They're completely different companies. Threezero paid for the Joe license. They need to make the heavy hitter for SALES so they can get a return on their investment. THEN, if the A listers sell well, they can start going down the line just like Sideshow did. I think the reason we got Commander and Destro is because people loved and are buying Firefly etc... Support the line and you'll get the characters you want eventually I believe :)

Get accustomed to it because these companies are going to do what they think will sell first and all else second.

Back