threezero is expanding the 1:6 GI JOE line for 2022!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As more of these come out…. Question becomes do you keep the original SS versions…
I'll keep my Sideshow hooded Commander as he looks truly evil and menacing. I doubt TZ will have a hood option because Hasbro's not into it right now. Also the Sideshow Baroness is one to beat too, so she's staying. The TZ Destro and Commander are stunning tho. I hope they chrome Cobra Commander's Visor, but ok either way. I'm definitely grabbing the new Destro and CC

I would sell Sideshow's Destro at least and older figs unless you have a lot of space and want to collect all. The Sideshow Destro had great accessories tho. I still miss his suitcase lol but sold my Destro fig a couple years back

As more of these come out…. Question becomes do you keep the original SS versions…
I think the only one I’m currently planning on keeping is Snake Eyes and Timber EX set. I’ll only sell that if ThreeZero make their own Commando Snake Eyes (which I hope they do actually). I may keep camo Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander V2 as well, at least for a little longer. The rest are getting sold though.

I'll keep my Sideshow hooded Commander as he looks truly evil and menacing. I doubt TZ will have a hood option because Hasbro's not into it right now. Also the Sideshow Baroness is one to beat too, so she's staying. The TZ Destro and Commander are stunning tho. I hope they chrome Cobra Commander's Visor, but ok either way. I'm definitely grabbing the new Destro and CC

I would sell Sideshow's Destro at least and older figs unless you have a lot of space and want to collect all. The Sideshow Destro had great accessories tho. I still miss his suitcase lol but sold my Destro fig a couple years back
Space is my enemy and I collect classified… some tough decisions coming

So got Firefly… vastly superior to the SS version… and tbh these are getting better and better just wish the pace would move faster… how long before Destro or CC are in hand. I answered my own question, I’ll box up the SS version as space is running out and start displaying the 3Z versions with the others instead.

So got Firefly… vastly superior to the SS version… and tbh these are getting better and better just wish the pace would move faster… how long before Destro or CC are in hand. I answered my own question, I’ll box up the SS version as space is running out and start displaying the 3Z versions with the others instead.
Yeah the new Firefly trumps the old Sideshow version. I do like the old accessories from Sideshow Firefly tho. They work beautifully with the awesome new Three Zero version. We really need a PO for TZ Destro and CCommander like now since they'll take a year to ship

For anyone curious, the new Firefly/DamToys body doesn't work on 3Z Snake Eyes and subsequently won't work on Storm Shadow either. Would've been perfect if it did but the pants won't close, the ball joints at the ankles and neck are larger on the Firefly/DamToys, and shirt is too wide and loose in the chest. So, I reeeeeally hope we get a new Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow using the newer bodies later down the road after they get through a few other characters.

I also tested out this body on the sideshow V2 Cobra Commander and similar problems - pants wouldn't close nor outer shirt/jacket. Would've been great b/c it's a sturdy body with pretty good proportions for the most part. I hope 3Z Destro and Cobra Commander are using it instead of the original 3Z stock bodies. Firefly/DamToys wrist joints are much better and stronger too consider I broke a 3rd Snake Eyes wrist joint when doing this test.

Last edited:
New pic of Cobra Commander and Destro. Looks to be sort of BTS from the announcement photos we got.

The more I look at these, the more I’m thinking they’re not using the DamToys bodies. I could be wrong but it’s not looking like it to me.

The shape of Cobra Commander’s torso is looking a bit like that of the male power rangers figures.

And Destro’s balloonish bent bicep is looking like the Rambo/StormShadow/Roadblock arms when you bend those.

IMG_0183.jpeg

Last edited:
Remember that's just a proto though. I highly doubt they would revert to the terrible Storm Shadow body when so many disliked it. Firefly's is a DamToys body so there's no reason for them to use a far less posable body. Maybe they have a more built body for Destro as he's also going to be taller. Hope they let us order soon and you can always contact their customer service to let them know to stick to DamToys. It would be a terrible decision to revert back and I agree, they should sell a new all fabric Storm Shadow but I hope we get Baroness next too

For anyone curious, the new Firefly/DamToys body doesn't work on 3Z Snake Eyes and subsequently won't work on Storm Shadow either. Would've been perfect if it did but the pants won't close, the ball joints at the ankles and neck are larger on the Firefly/DamToys, and shirt is too wide and loose in the chest. So, I reeeeeally hope we get a new Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow using the newer bodies later down the road after they get through a few other characters.

I also tested out this body on the sideshow V2 Cobra Commander and similar problems - pants wouldn't close nor outer shirt/jacket. Would've been great b/c it's a sturdy body with pretty good proportions for the most part. I hope 3Z Destro and Cobra Commander are using it instead of the original 3Z stock bodies. Firefly/DamToys wrist joints are much better and stronger too consider I broke a 3rd Snake Eyes wrist joint when doing this test.
Other than the wrist peg problem, I find that 3Z Storm Shadow (sleeveless version) to be one of the more versatile figure bodies out there for Kitbash purposes. I've purchased several (thanks Monkeydepot for having it at $24.99) and have several characters in progress.

Remember that's just a proto though. I highly doubt they would revert to the terrible Storm Shadow body when so many disliked it. Firefly's is a DamToys body so there's no reason for them to use a far less posable body. Maybe they have a more built body for Destro as he's also going to be taller. Hope they let us order soon and you can always contact their customer service to let them know to stick to DamToys. It would be a terrible decision to revert back and I agree, they should sell a new all fabric Storm Shadow but I hope we get Baroness next too
I know it's just a proto, just going based on what I can see from the pics we have. We really won't know until it's released and subsequently broken down to see what the underlying body is like. Dam does have a more muscular body that I would say is akin to the HT Bane body; however, they've only used it for their Gangster Kingdom figures and that body also has a wider/larger torso to go with it unlike what we're seeing here. Just b/c they used a DamToys body on Firefly, doesn't mean they're exclusively using/partnering with DamToys for every figure after that. For example, the Walking Dead Governor figure just released which was put up for PO well after Firefly was, but he's still using a standard ThreeZero body rather than a DamToys body.

Other than the wrist peg problem, I find that 3Z Storm Shadow (sleeveless version) to be one of the more versatile figure bodies out there for Kitbash purposes. I've purchased several (thanks Monkeydepot for having it at $24.99) and have several characters in progress.
I'm glad you like it and have found use for it, bit it doesn't work for me. If the ratchets in the elbows had been stronger, I'd be less against that body; however, considering that it can barely pose the arms at 90 without wanting to springback is a real drawback for me. I'd rather have sculpted arms with stronger joints and an elbow cut instead as I would at least be able to have him aiming the bow for long periods without worrying about the elbow cracking and/or have it spring out of place b/c of the poor ratchet. Oddly enough, I didn't have an issues with the wrist joints on Storm Shadow though, only Snake Eyes.

Last edited:
I'm glad you like it and have found use for it, bit it doesn't work for me. If the ratchets in the elbows had been stronger, I'd be less against that body; however, considering that it can barely pose the arms at 90 without wanting to springback is a real drawback for me. I'd rather have sculpted arms with stronger joints and an elbow cut instead as I would at least be able to have him aiming the bow for long periods without worrying about the elbow cracking and/or have it spring out of place b/c of the poor ratchet. Oddly enough, I didn't have an issues with the wrist joints on Storm Shadow though, only Snake Eyes.
Fortunately, part of its versatility is also that those arms can be popped out and other ones can be popped in - assuming you can obtain the right arms of course, but I get where you're coming from.

Fortunately, part of its versatility is also that those arms can be popped out and other ones can be popped in - assuming you can obtain the right arms of course, but I get where you're coming from.
Yup, exactly. I had planned to swap with the ganghood/Bane arms, but since the Storm Shadow body has ball joints at the sockets instead of the more standard type shoulder connection, it wasn’t going to be the easy mod that I had hoped for. I like to be able to reverse any mods I do in the event I want to sell off a figure, and in my experience, stock figures tend to sell better than customized ones even if the mod actually makes the figure better. Do you know if the standard 3Z bodies (their version of a narrow shoulder TT I guess) have ball joints at the shoulders like the Storm Shadow body? If not, then I may be able to grab one of those and frankenstein parts as needed to get the look I'm after.

Even though I'm not the biggest fan of TBleague/Phicen bodies like some, my new idea to solve my issue's with Snake Eyes is to get an M33 body and dye it black. I'm thinking that body will be big enough to fill out the shirt and retain great articulation.

Last edited:
I don't mind Storm Shadow's arms, it's more the waist. Either way with Destro, if he's poseable I'll be happy. Would love Cobra Commander on the same body as Firefly tho

Sold off all my Sideshow Joes a while back. These are bringing me back.

Even the Red Ninja?

I can't lie, the Red Ninja was my favorite. The other Ninjas were pretty awesome as well. I hope 3Z does "classic" Ninjas too. I know they want to invest in brand name Joes that that have legacy nostalgia value, but that Red Ninja, IMHO, was just plain sexy. I still have mine in the garage somewhere. Back in the day, the price for loose Joe parts in 1/6th was so much more forgiving than now. The option tree to kitbash stuff was more robust. That's something I do miss from the old days.

Even the Red Ninja?

I can't lie, the Red Ninja was my favorite. The other Ninjas were pretty awesome as well. I hope 3Z does "classic" Ninjas too. I know they want to invest in brand name Joes that that have legacy nostalgia value, but that Red Ninja, IMHO, was just plain sexy. I still have mine in the garage somewhere. Back in the day, the price for loose Joe parts in 1/6th was so much more forgiving than now. The option tree to kitbash stuff was more robust. That's something I do miss from the old days.

Yep, even the red, black and (dyed) green ninjas :cry:

zvfFdQ.jpg

6eqhjP.jpg

Last edited:
Full Destro preview is up on Threezero's website and he looks FANTASTIC! For $150 dollars, he's a BARGAIN. Great price and the new Cobra weapons case is pretty sweet. He goes up for order August 22 just FYI all... this fella will be mine and I cannot wait! Zero complaints on price, design, look of quality... they did Destro justice imo. Can't wait for Cobra Commander and Baroness, Zartan and then some Joe's too I hope....

UPDATE: After really looking at Destro, the plastic necklace is a bit of a let down but for the price, no complaints. Necklace is a little "Barbie" imo and should be metal like Sideshow's but all good; he looks GREAT otherwise. Sideshow's is cool too but this guy is a great updated take

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up @misterm :hi5:

He does look pretty great! I think I'll keep my sideshow version and just add some of it's pieces to this 3Z version. I like the weapon's case on both and having both open at his feet could be a cool display. I wish there was a reveal of the other gauntlet to show the red granades in a similar way they did for the rockets so you could have a bit more of a classic look. For $150, can't really complain though.

Back