Threezero Ghost In The Shell License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before anyone announced an official figure i approached a guy about making a body suit with the thermoptic design printed on, he quoted me £1200 so i gave that a miss.. a few weeks ago a guy on fb "arc project" posted a suit he made so i asked him about making me one for a medium bust figure, 90 dollars.. to fit over TB League PLMB2016-S17B

Ooh that'll do just nicely. I have the Cat Toys GITS figure as well, its head might work well there (as I assume the Threezero head might look too small on a Phicen?).

Do you have this suit in-hand? Have you ordered from this person before? Thanks for the info!

When I got home I opened and inspected my figure and I was pleasantly surprised to see that the portrait in hand looks much better than in pics.

While the paint app isn't Hot Toys level, it's a decent paint app.

I had the same assessment. I won't ever pre-order from this company again though.

Ooh that'll do just nicely. I have the Cat Toys GITS figure as well, its head might work well there (as I assume the Threezero head might look too small on a Phicen?).

Do you have this suit in-hand? Have you ordered from this person before? Thanks for the info!

I dont have the suit in hand yet, 3 more weeks ish estimate but i have seen pictures of plenty of other commissions from him so i have no fear about the quality of tailoring or print.
I put most of the street clothes on my tbleague body.. the trousers would not go.. had spare ones to chuck on for now, the head looks ok on the body from some angles but overall it is definitely a bit to small for standard 1/6 bodies -
thumbnail_IMG_20180710_175210.jpg

the headsculpt is very good imo, the paint app is just too subtle to capture in photos for me, my eyes are better XD

IMG_20180710_175553_227.jpg

The clothing on this figure, both sets of clothing, are excellent IMO.

Lots of detail. :D

Agreed! Wish I could've gotten the street clothes.

Too bad the head a mis-match with the Phicen body, which would unfortunately be much more pronounced on one only wearing a thermoptic suit. Looks ok enough using the street clothes though.

my eyes are better

Just to to be clear here-- did you customize the eyes on yours, or are you saying it just looks better in person? (I've been wondering if some extra work on the face apps might bring out more of what the original solicitation from ThreeZero looked like.)

Agreed! Wish I could've gotten the street clothes.

Too bad the head a mis-match with the Phicen body, which would unfortunately be much more pronounced on one only wearing a thermoptic suit. Looks ok enough using the street clothes though.

The street clothes are the only reason I ordered directly from ThgreeZero. :lecture :D

Just to to be clear here-- did you customize the eyes on yours, or are you saying it just looks better in person? (I've been wondering if some extra work on the face apps might bring out more of what the original solicitation from ThreeZero looked like.)

I juat cant capture what my eyes are seeing with a camera xD a good repaint would make this an excellent figure, the clothing is another level its just the paint apps on the headsculpt that need work

Mine hasn't said anything state side yet...
Yeah mine is taking forever too, since Darth Snoopy just got his yesterday, it looks like it'll take about 20 days to arrive from shipping notice.
Before anyone announced an official figure i approached a guy about making a body suit with the thermoptic design printed on, he quoted me £1200 so i gave that a miss.. a few weeks ago a guy on fb "arc project" posted a suit he made so i asked him about making me one for a medium bust figure, 90 dollars.. to fit over TB League PLMB2016-S17B
spare pistol is on its what which i will be making a clear resin cast of then painting the white details. haven't decided what to do about the head yet, prob a repainted and re-rooted blackwidow 5.0 sculpt

I really like the tactical uniform threezero went with, its the real world version of the suit when she was up against the tank in the anime, and both the anime and live action scenes were awesome. the street clothes are so well done also but the trousers are really tight on a standard body!

That looks awesome so far! Looking forward to seeing the final results!

I juat cant capture what my eyes are seeing with a camera xD a good repaint would make this an excellent figure, the clothing is another level its just the paint apps on the headsculpt that need work

That's what I thought :) 99% of the photos I've seen of this figure aren't really capturing it well.

And yeah I was thinking the same thing about the sculpt, even considering commissioning someone to do it (not that I'd know where to start, I'm somewhat new to the 1/6 world despite collecting action figures most my life).

And I actually like the small stature of the threezero body overall-- how do you think that custom thermoptic suit would look on it? I'm not that crazy about the other ScarJo heads available either, and I think fixing up the threezero head and putting the body in a thermoptic suit might make this the GITS figure I really wanted to begin with.

Might've been willing to settle with the Mtime statue for the thermoptic look, but missed the boat on that as well...

The street clothes are probably some of the best 1/6 clothes I‘ve seen to date.

The paint job is... meeeeh at best.
Repaint could get us a great headsculpt.

Yup. No matter what I try, I can't capture what I'm seeing in hand. A better paint app would make the portrait pop in pics.

Anyone try the street clothes on a Phicen yet?

yeah man, the picture i posted earlier was the clothing on a tbleague/phicen body, the trousers wont fit, legs are too long i think. the rest is fine

On the left is a standard slippy 1/6 female body, the trousers go on but are short.. Compared with the tbleague body on the right the legs are so much longer and i can barely get these other random trousers on the body -
_20180711_182038.jpg

yeah man, the picture i posted earlier was the clothing on a tbleague/phicen body, the trousers wont fit, legs are too long i think. the rest is fine

On the left is a standard slippy 1/6 female body, the trousers go on but are short.. Compared with the tbleague body on the right the legs are so much longer and i can barely get these other random trousers on the body -

Oh, okay, awesome! Thank you for posting the picture. I might try to see if there are different Phicen's that are shorter. I've never gotten a spare body before so I'm sort of shooting in the dark for what to stick the street clothes on.

EDIT: Would the smallest one on this chart work?

PL-2018-24A-2.jpg

View attachment 416950
spare pistol is on its what which i will be making a clear resin cast of then painting the white details. haven't decided what to do about the head yet, prob a repainted and re-rooted blackwidow 5.0 sculpt

I really like the tactical uniform threezero went with, its the real world version of the suit when she was up against the tank in the anime, and both the anime and live action scenes were awesome. the street clothes are so well done also but the trousers are really tight on a standard body!

I don't do Facebook. Any chance of DM'ing me his contact info? I would love to get a thermoptic suit for a custom as well.

Well, I got mine in and wanted to take a look for good measure.

I've got very mixed feelings. On one hand I really like some aspects, on the other it is a very weak figure. She's got Furiosa syndrome, and just feels small like others have said. Mine has a damaged nose too. Feels like her neck socket is a little shorter than it should be.

The tailoring is great, the weapons are all around pretty good. I really like the body, actuually. But I just am left with a very bland feeling here. I do feel like we got jipped here and we're shown a vastly superior product. I feel conflicted on whether I want to push for a return or not.

Back