ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between the slow rate of production and lack of key characters on Three Zero's side, and the large cast and changing looks of characters in the series, this is something of a frustrating line to collect. I have Ned, Tyrion, Jaime, Hound, Jon and Dany, and still need to PO Arya, but would like to at least see Cersei, Joffrey, Tywin Khal Drogo, Robb, Oberyn, Ygritte, Mountain, Joffrey, Baelish, Brienne, Varys, Melisandre, Night King, and maybe King Robert. Not to mention an Iron Throne. On top of all that there is the question of versions. Season 2/3 long hair Cersei or Season 7/8 short hair Cersei? Hopefully ThreeZero will make another Dany with a better sculpt and S7/S8 white outfit. There are some nice customs being made, but I'm already stretched on other things.

Between the slow rate of production and lack of key characters on Three Zero's side, and the large cast and changing looks of characters in the series, this is something of a frustrating line to collect. I have Ned, Tyrion, Jaime, Hound, Jon and Dany, and still need to PO Arya, but would like to at least see Cersei, Joffrey, Tywin Khal Drogo, Robb, Oberyn, Ygritte, Mountain, Joffrey, Baelish, Brienne, Varys, Melisandre, Night King, and maybe King Robert. Not to mention an Iron Throne. On top of all that there is the question of versions. Season 2/3 long hair Cersei or Season 7/8 short hair Cersei? Hopefully ThreeZero will make another Dany with a better sculpt and S7/S8 white outfit. There are some nice customs being made, but I'm already stretched on other things.

The quality is just not there for me. I want hot toys quality.

Don't mind them being "stuck " in earlier seasons, those were some of the best hours of TV ever, the longer they stay away from S7 the better.

Don't really care for updated looks for characters like Tyrion or Arya who have become mere shells of what they used to be. I still want a Tywin, Brienne, Ramsay and Oberyn though.

Don't mind them being "stuck " in earlier seasons, those were some of the best hours of TV ever, the longer they stay away from S7 the better.

Don't really care for updated looks for characters like Tyrion or Arya who have become mere shells of what they used to be. I still want a Tywin, Brienne, Ramsay and Oberyn though.

:exactly: Completely agree!! :rock

Is there any agreement on what figures are remaining to be revealed this year?

Checking dates, looks like this is the release history of GoT figures:
2014: Tyrion
2015: Ned
2016: Jon and Jaime
2017: The Hound
2018: Daenerys
So, with a record of 1-2 figures per year, I wouldn't expect many more reveals this year. Arya and the Walker is already more than previous years. My guess is we'll get Cersei and maybe Brienne, and that will be all.

This year, on top of the other two? That would be a big year -- doubling their biggest year.

Thanks for the assist.

Haha, no. I think those will come in 2019-2020. And with the show finished, I don't think the line will grow, and probably will be cancelled. I might be wrong, but I'm not seeing much excitement in GoT custom projects, nor many people jumping into the official line. And you'd say GoT is a really popular show, so let's see when it fades.

If the sculpts were HT quality this line would be more popular but with the lackluster threezero sculpts and height inaccuracies this line falls short of what most collectors were hoping for.

I think we might eventually get second versions of a couple characters like Jon and Dany. Would love a young Ned and Ser Arthur Dayne.

If the sculpts were HT quality this line would be more popular but with the lackluster threezero sculpts and height inaccuracies this line falls short of what most collectors were hoping for.

Sales say differently. The GOT line and most threezero offerings always sell out while HT has been producing shelf warmers for years now. I can appreciate HT's quality when it comes to human head sculpts but that's about it, the kiddie licenses they tackle these days are irrelevant in my book. Much rather have a Hot Pie figure with an inexact HS than a Tony Stark with the ultimate likeness, because the former is part of a world I really like while the latter means nothing to me.

It's just a matter of perspective. :dunno

Yup. Pretty much how I feel exactly. Honestly, I don't think I'll be buying anything outside S1-S4 with the exception of the Night King.

And btw, it was mentioned by one of the admins on onesixthkit's FB page that the Jon Snow sculpt will eventually be available for PO. Be patient, he said.

Haha, no. I think those will come in 2019-2020. And with the show finished, I don't think the line will grow, and probably will be cancelled. I might be wrong, but I'm not seeing much excitement in GoT custom projects, nor many people jumping into the official line. And you'd say GoT is a really popular show, so let's see when it fades.

There is a prequel show after GOT so maybe another figures?

Sales say differently. The GOT line and most threezero offerings always sell out while HT has been producing shelf warmers for years now. I can appreciate HT's quality when it comes to human head sculpts but that's about it, the kiddie licenses they tackle these days are irrelevant in my book. Much rather have a Hot Pie figure with an inexact HS than a Tony Stark with the ultimate likeness, because the former is part of a world I really like while the latter means nothing to me.

It's just a matter of perspective. :dunno

I agree, I see HT's as very shallow when it comes to licenses, yes there sculpts are good and the movies generate big bucks but overall there licenses really do lack any depth and fail to excite me. At least threezero try to give us something a little different and who knows maybe in the future they will up there game and get some decent artists and factories that can match HT's.

I had a banner made with the stark sigil and made a post to hang it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
57353ac9be3afdd22cc0e6be0d805d50.jpg

Yup. Pretty much how I feel exactly. Honestly, I don't think I'll be buying anything outside S1-S4 with the exception of the Night King.

And btw, it was mentioned by one of the admins on onesixthkit's FB page that the Jon Snow sculpt will eventually be available for PO. Be patient, he said.

Great news. Cheers to that! :duff

I agree, I see HT's as very shallow when it comes to licenses, yes there sculpts are good and the movies generate big bucks but overall there licenses really do lack any depth and fail to excite me. At least threezero try to give us something a little different and who knows maybe in the future they will up there game and get some decent artists and factories that can match HT's.

It's just so weird man. One could say that with all that Disney and DC money they could spare some resources for passion projects but no, figures like their latest Alien were such a disappointment, the lack of Beast from The Beauty and The Beast really shows that they no longer care for going the extra mile/effort, hell that last Chewbacca was a very cruel joke! :lol

I'd love to see licenses like Alien and Predator falling into the hands of 3A/threezero, they make way better creatures than HT.

I had a banner made with the stark sigil and made a post to hang it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
57353ac9be3afdd22cc0e6be0d805d50.jpg

Very nice display man, congrats!

Back