ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is LOTR still going? I know nothing of that line. But I would definitely want the one that had a more complete line.

Yeah, and the figures are improving vastly! I purchased the new Frodo version, which is called 'slim' in Asmus. It's a 2.0, and look really really good. Aragorn and the rest of the hobbits have a 'slim' version too, and Gandalf will get it soon. Boromir and Legolas are new releases (Gimli comes next), Legolas being superior in likeness. There are also other characters from the Hobbit and LOTR, such as Eowyn, Bard, the Nazgûl and several orcs. The quality of the outfit and accesesories is amazing. The swords and knives are even die cast metal. The likenesses are over the place, just like the GoT figures. Legolas and Frodo are great, but Boromir or Sam not so much. Still, in hand they look better than in pictures. I just received Aragorn and he looks amazing in person, while in the pictures I wasn't very convinced.
Here's the thread on the Forum for the line:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/forum80/

Last edited:
It’s funny... everyone used to **** all over ASMUS, but I’ve always admired their attention to detail and their out-of-box value. The biggest problem they always had was with their cheap bodies. But I guess they’re better now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take toy photos and I liked the GoT line but after seeing the Daenerys in hand photos I sold mine MIB and considered selling the rest. They are hard to photograph, getting good angles for likeness and realism. Got my Aragorn and was pretty impressed, I have a lot of fond childhood memories of collecting the Toy Biz LOTR line.

I set the GoT up to photograph for sale pictures and I'm like "Damn, but they look great in person on the shelf!" lol. So I'm torn. Threezero is slow, and GoT characters have a million variants yet to be had. On the other hand Asmus is not only cranking out new figs they are updating old ones.

Asmus LOTR is underrated.

With futzing and a little work, their LOTR figures come out amazing.

Here's my oldie as example:

Nazgul + Steed icon.jpg

Asmus has the vast leg up over three zero but man they are far from anywhere near where they should be.

That being said Frodo 2.0 marks the first guy I put on the shelf happy with no mods.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a list of all the "good" ThreeZero GoT figures and a list of the "bad" ones?

If I were to get into this line, I'd be curious to know what's worth getting.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Well you know my standard is about as high as can be but here’s is my assessment

The good;

Tyrion - about all but his hands passes the test it’s a decent figure unfortunately it only went down from there

The mediocre:

The hound - he needs a repaint and a rehair but the basis is there
Jamie - just not up to one sixth standard but far from the worst outfit is ok.
Ned - almost made the bad list to be honest, the head sculpting is sub par and dates but can be made to look ok with a repaint and a rehair.

The bad:

Jon - atrocious head sculpt unsalvageable. Ok outfit but hands boots belt all need to be replaced that stuff was custom run and near impossible to find now
Dany - way under scale awful hair distorted production head and way off paint. Needs a body swap a repaint and a rehair to pass.

All the figures have cheap accessories no stands and crappy plastic swords.

If you asked me who wins big cheif or three zero honestly it’s big cheif.

Does anyone have a list of all the "good" ThreeZero GoT figures and a list of the "bad" ones?

Honestly on shelf Jon's head sculpt is great. Look at the repaints and they show the sculpt is there, IMHO it beats Vimal and Rocco by a longshot, nothing against their talents. His gloves don't seem bad to me, just a bit rigid, and the boots are ok at certain angles but I'd replace them if I wasn't so out of the box oriented.

Eddard is underwhelming in the sculpt, I read good things but was disappointed, yellowish skin as well. Love his outfit.

The Hound feels cheep. I don't like the ratchet joints or soft rubber armor. Sculpt is great in soft lighting and I was fine with the hair.

Tyrion really shines. Great poseability, great sculpt and outfit. Just those rough hands.

I can't speak for Jaime, Daenerys or the exclusive accessories. The figures look great on the shelf in "solemn poses" lol. The are not great in dynamic shots. Check my Instagram @scaled_multiverse for a couple shots if you want.

Hope that helps!

You should check out Michael Crawford's reviews of the GoT figures. He covers them all quite extensively.

Tyrion is the definite stand out. However, I would add Ned Stark and possibly Jamie Lannister to the "good" list. But that is just me.

Well you know my standard is about as high as can be but here’s is my assessment

The good;

Tyrion - about all but his hands passes the test it’s a decent figure unfortunately it only went down from there

The mediocre:

The hound - he needs a repaint and a rehair but the basis is there
Jamie - just not up to one sixth standard but far from the worst outfit is ok.
Ned - almost made the bad list to be honest, the head sculpting is sub par and dates but can be made to look ok with a repaint and a rehair.

The bad:

Jon - atrocious head sculpt unsalvageable. Ok outfit but hands boots belt all need to be replaced that stuff was custom run and near impossible to find now
Dany - way under scale awful hair distorted production head and way off paint. Needs a body swap a repaint and a rehair to pass.

All the figures have cheap accessories no stands and crappy plastic swords.

If you asked me who wins big cheif or three zero honestly it’s big cheif.

I agree with this list. Ended up selling all of them. The outfits are the best part, but the rest is under the standards.

It's not normal to see every sculpt getting repainted and/or rehaired.

These guys are too hard, haha!
I'm pretty happy with all of them, but I agree the likenesses are far from perfect, specially with Jon. I love the outfits, and the bodies are surprisely good. Accessories aren't great, but I replaced a couple swords for metal ones and I'm fine with them. I also think most of the figures look much better when repainted or rehaired, and I know you're not new to customize, so if you start collecting them you'll have fun there. They look really great in my shelf, with the throne I purchased, and I'm looking forward to customize them with time, and one day having a perfect GoT display. To be honest, it happens the same with Hot Toys Star Wars figures. The likeness are off, and you need to invest time and money to make them look right. Hard hobby.

They only real downer is Jon's painted head. The repaints show the sculpt is good. All I can definitely say is its always better in hand. I don't know why pictures just don't work well with these.

Back