Threezero Game of Thrones Jon Snow Ver. 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was it like that with LOTR line?
There's a big difference in how LotR ended (winning an oscar for best picture) and the final season/ending of GoT.
Even then, LoTR as a merchandise property is niche at best today, and LoTR is the better media package (in my eyes, at least). Asmus production runs are comparatively small and figs still sit for a good while, as good as many of them are. Weta runs are small or are generally available for a while. It's not culturally relevant any longer, as beautiful as the trilogy is.

I expect GOT to fade away as soon as the next big hit rolls around that everyone binges on. That's another angle completely separate of the longevity of the material itself. Even Breaking Bad which is widely accepted as one of the best TV packages of all time is "gone" from the eye of society. And that's with the consideration of Better Call Saul airing.

Fantasy just doesn't seem to have the staying power that sci-fi has had in recent times. Maybe Amazon's LoTR stuff will be a hit but I somehow feel it'll live on the edge of competition with the original films, just as any Star Wars stuff has since it all began.

Got my sculpt from OSK today after USPS misdirected it out of customs(USPS is so bad).

Pretty happy with the sculpt overall, there is a visible seam going over the top of his head, ear to ear. It's not noticeable straight on but you can see it from the side if you look for it.

Got my sculpt from OSK today after USPS misdirected it out of customs(USPS is so bad).

Pretty happy with the sculpt overall, there is a visible seam going over the top of his head, ear to ear. It's not noticeable straight on but you can see it from the side if you look for it.

I agree. I received the OSK sculpt last week and I think it looks fantastic. The seam is definitely there but the sculpt and paint apps are so good that the seam is not annoying to me. It can always be shaved/sanded off and the hair repainted, which shouldn't be too difficult to do.

Ordered my OSK sculpt on the 27th, sent out on the 28th and will be at my door tomorrow! That was quick! And from Hong Kong? Insane.

Anyone who ordered the sculpt planning on sending it to someone for a repaint? Looks a lil' dull and a repaint would give it some life. Not sure who I should contact for such a project. Any recommendations?

5c14638a1971e1d63825035d7bd79f58.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

That looks pretty damn cool, and love that thick coat. I just hope the quality of the fur is the same on the production figure, and it doesn't end up looking a whole lot cheaper somehow.

That looks great! :yess: Glad to have him on order!

Yep - I ordered him, despite my earlier "pledge" that I wouldn't re-buy any GoT characters that I already have...did the same with Tyrion too!! :slap

Back