Threezero Game of Thrones - Daenerys Targaryen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah is that not the first repaint we saw which we all said she was charging too much. That confirms it for me that the photos above were a bit digitally enhanced.

I do love her technical skill but her style does make her feel a bit doll like to me hence the styleized look.

I’d still give it up to Y the painter as the best overall repaint and my own as the best mod but I’m gonna try it again as there’s a lot I want to tweak

It doesn’t matter really but Y and soul factory being female helps these repaints a lot if you ask me. There’s a subtly and femininity there that is lacking in a lot of them including my own.

I asked soulfactoryogata for her Daenerys commission about a month back. Her price was/is 240usd.

Me too.

I empower the artist to charge whatever they want and truth be told that's the price that it would take for me to probably consider it myself. But I don't think as far as rates go my work, or hers or ANYONE'S except maybe JC Hong can justify that with the going rate of custom work. Which doesn't make it wrong or right its what someone is willing to pay for it.

For a poor sculpt to sit atop a poor flawed figure if even to "polish a turd" so to speak I think it's too much. But to each his own and I completely respect that. Art is worth what the value we perceive upon it and I respect the value of raw talent.

I always scratch my head at how artists are willing to charge so low for their talent. but at the same time I completely understand how a customer would not want to pay more because I don't want to pay more myself. thats why I taught myself how to paint.

but no way in hell can I justify the time it takes to paint one of these for 150 bucks or whatever. I'd make more at mcdonalds if you break it down hourly and this is supposed to be something not everyone can do.

Finally mine's arrived.. and I have to agree, in hand, it's not as bad as I think. It's only a paintjob issue, and the funny thing is, I ordered both the exc and the reg, and I compared the heads.. the paintjob is very different! the exc's paint is much much better than the reg, in terms of details, skin tone, lips shading. So yeah, maybe those who ordered exc got better paintjob.

Here's few pics for fun!

WhatsApp Image 2018-04-01 at 15.31.06.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-04-01 at 15.31.07.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-04-01 at 15.31.08.jpeg

That's interesting! I ordered both too, but my exclusive is stuck in customs since two month ago. Would you take a comparation pic from both heads together?

Finally mine's arrived.. and I have to agree, in hand, it's not as bad as I think. It's only a paintjob issue, and the funny thing is, I ordered both the exc and the reg, and I compared the heads.. the paintjob is very different! the exc's paint is much much better than the reg, in terms of details, skin tone, lips shading. So yeah, maybe those who ordered exc got better paintjob.

Here's few pics for fun!

View attachment 402236

View attachment 402237

View attachment 402238

Im happy you brought this up. I also own the normal and the exclusive version. The facepaint and hair seem to be indeed much much much better with the exclusive version.

Btw nice pictures!

That's interesting! I ordered both too, but my exclusive is stuck in customs since two month ago. Would you take a comparation pic from both heads together?

Ah, I'd love to, but the reg one is already on it's way to my friend. He bought the reg one and I bought the exc. I opened both just to check on the condition, in case anything's broken or missing. But from what I see, there's more skin freckles effects on the exc, and the lips line is more darker n detailed, and the skintone matched the body much much better than the reg one. The reg one's a bit yellowish compared to the exc's skintone. Other than that, it's all the same.

Im happy you brought this up. I also own the normal and the exclusive version. The facepaint and hair seem to be indeed much much much better with the exclusive version.

Btw nice pictures!

I am glad I'm not alone in this, I thought it might be just a one off case. But yeah, it really make sense that they give the best paintjob to the exc version, since it's more expensive.

And thanks for the kind words! :)

Love her on the throne, I just can't justify buying one and having it take up the space.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back