Threezero Game of Thrones - Daenerys Targaryen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit of Photoshop. I think the likeness is there, and just need a slight repaint on key areas. Here I've just reshaped a bit the eyelids and made the iris bigger and lighter, and reshaped the upper lip to make it thicker and softer. I'm sure that a good painter like Hydeous or other great artists here can make this sculpt shine.
DANNY.jpg

From those new pictures, this piece looks absolutely horrible. :( I'm going to call today to cancel this. It has been delayed so many times that they should be able to refund the tiny NRD. Justification is a bad thing when it is used to make excuses for such a poor quality reproduction. So disappointed...I wasn't looking to buy a cheap Barbie piece.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Actually, having just watched the video on ToysTVHK the pictures don’t do it justice. It’s nowhere near the proto quality but not as bad as I first feared.

Ouch. That looks to be the biggest drop from prototype to factory that I've seen for this line.
With the Hound you could tell there was sloppy paint, but the sculpt was good. Here, I'm not sure if there isn't deformation.
This sucks.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

You can still see the likeness pretty clearly there, which is usually a good sign that paint can fix it.

The new paint job makes it look like she just got some bad news. The proto was just normal.

Holy crap. I never expected a paintjob as amazing as the one on the proto, but I still expected better than this! I can only hope a repaint will improve the likeness considerably and bring it back to what it should be.

Although I can't help but think something changed with the structure of the face as well. It doesn't seem quite as round as it used to...

ThreeZero-Game-of-Thrones-Daenerys-Targaryen-013__65736.1482171709.450.600.jpg

Worst part for me is the lips... and all the delicacy of her facial traits just vanished.

Back