Threezero Game of Thrones - Daenerys Targaryen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_6993.jpg

It's a good sculpt, just place the right lighting...

I hate to be negative about anything that is bringing someone else joy but in my excitement for Season 8 I decided that now was the time to dive into this line...even cleared a shelf. I had not seen this in person but knew that a LCS had it in stock so I was lining up some preorders and decided to start my collection with this one. I knew it would not be perfect and I am a fairly forgiving collector. When I saw it on display at my LCS I literally shook my head, left empty handed, decided to run in the opposite direction of this entire line. This was one of those really disappointing cases where the figure is so much worse in person. There are some skilled photographers on this thread but when I spend over $150 on a figure it needs to look acceptable regardless of where shadows are hitting it at any given time. This one was shockingly bad in person. This is my PSA to help fellow collectors avoid getting taken in by some really well lit photos...this thing is ghastly person.

I hate to be negative about anything that is bringing someone else joy but in my excitement for Season 8 I decided that now was the time to dive into this line...even cleared a shelf. I had not seen this in person but knew that a LCS had it in stock so I was lining up some preorders and decided to start my collection with this one. I knew it would not be perfect and I am a fairly forgiving collector. When I saw it on display at my LCS I literally shook my head, left empty handed, decided to run in the opposite direction of this entire line. This was one of those really disappointing cases where the figure is so much worse in person. There are some skilled photographers on this thread but when I spend over $150 on a figure it needs to look acceptable regardless of where shadows are hitting it at any given time. This one was shockingly bad in person. This is my PSA to help fellow collectors avoid getting taken in by some really well lit photos...this thing is ghastly person.

It’s the worst in the line for me but definitely not a reason to abandon the line altogether. We’re all but guarantee a version 2 at some stage. There are some really well done figures in this line and you’ll be missing out if you abandon altogether.

It’s the worst in the line for me but definitely not a reason to abandon the line altogether. We’re all but guarantee a version 2 at some stage. There are some really well done figures in this line and you’ll be missing out if you abandon altogether.

Agreed. Look at figures such as Tyrion, the Hound, and the White Walker in person before deciding to collect it or not. Hell, I think Jaime is really cool too. Some are way better than others whereas you can just pick the ones you like.

This is also true...I even dropped an NRD on Tyrion because he looks so well done. I think it comes down to how critical a character Dany is. She is pretty far down the line on my list of favorites but she is such an important character that I would feel that any GOT collection regardless of size should include her. I am not nit picky on likenesses in general but i am a huge completionist...I don't need all characters just the ones that I see as the "tentpoles" to properly represent the property. The only way out of that dilemma was sadly to walk away...disappointing too because I was genuinely looking forward to my little display.

Really? [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15] It's not a perfect figure, but with good lighting in your showcase, it improves a lot. I'm telling you, with some Hot Toys the same thing happens.

IMG_6995.jpg

Yeah I share your disappointment in this one. I bought it originally, and was fully prepared to have to do a repaint, but when I saw how tiny and undersized it was (even for Clarke), and how simple and boring the outfit looked, I just decided it wasn't worth the effort.

But like others are saying, I wouldn't judge the entire line based on that one figure, and the newer ones appear to be much improved. I've got the v2 or Tyrion and Jon on order, and am holding out hope for another Dany as well.

Out of those already out, Dany is the only release that I personally didn't buy as I didn't think it could be improved to a point where I would be happy with it. Take that as you will.

Jon needed a lot of work, a couple of the others benefited greatly from repaints, but other than that I'm happy with what I've got so far. But to each their own.

I just got Sculpt Forevers Daenerys and was going to have it painted/haired which is not cheap but after this season I don't even care.

Have any of you guys ever been affected that way or am I taking this **** way too personal?

I just got Sculpt Forevers Daenerys and was going to have it painted/haired which is not cheap but after this season I don't even care.

Have any of you guys ever been affected that way or am I taking this **** way too personal?

You're taking it way too personal.

You're taking it way too personal.

Agreed. Despite the flaws of S8, its was still a great series overall. :lecture

Yup. Too personal, I think. Like not taking Vader because you don't dig his final scene, or Iron Man because the end or whatever. The show is great, and I think it will remain in pop culture longer than other tv shows. Dany is one of the main characters and should be in every GoT collection.

I get where you're coming from though. I had the same thought with my Tyrion preorder, but this season notwithstanding, I've loved this show and these characters, and I think after going back and remembering how damn good it used to be, I'll be glad I have him.

Back