Threezero Game of Thrones: Cersei Lannister

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. I think they did a nice job with the likeness. Looking forward to getting her.

Though I might have preferred a more sinister arch to her eyebrow. Her badass attitude is kind of her defining characteristic. A smidge too neutral here. Still though, not bad.

I wonder what the turn-around time will be with the HBO shop. Never done a pre-order through them before.

Shouldn't be too hard to add a little arch to one eyebrow -- that's a good idea, since the preferred smug sneer isn't sculpted. Seems like it would be enough to give her attitude.

So:
1) shorten about 3/4 - 1 inch
2) add arch to one eyebrow
3) shape lower portion of dress with folds

What about adding a dark wash to the hair to bring out the texture more? Or would a lighter dry-brushing do that better?

So I contacted the HBO shop earlier to see when they'd be shipping her. And I just got an email back saying essentially: "Hey, thanks for contacting us! This item has been discontinued! Per your request we're canceling this order!" (I may have added the exclamation points.) Infuriating. Especially since I paid up front when I ordered over a year and a half ago. At least they say they'll be issuing a refund, but still. Infuriating.

That said ...

IF YOU ORDERED FROM THE HBO SHOP, CHECK ON YOUR ORDER.

I'm not sure they would have known to cancel the order and refund my money if I hadn't contacted them to check on the status. Not saying they're out to fleece anybody, but I don't think they're necessarily a large or particularly well organized operation. So my order may well have slipped through the cracks.

So irritated because when I ordered her, I was able to use a discount code that brought her down to about $120. :banghead

Ah, well. Clicking over to Sideshow to cash in some rewards points, I guess ...

I remember that deal. This is why I never trust POs, especially with payment up front for things a year and half away. Even a supposedly legit name like HBO can bone you.

Sorry about your loss.

Anyway, you're now in the same boat I'm in. I expect to get Cersei for a good price, so don't worry too much.

Thanks for the heads up Bucky. I have a Cersi on order with HBOShop as well for over a year. I just phoned customer service, and although they didn't say outright that the order was cancelled, they will escalate the request for info and email me the current status. Hope it goes through because I used a discount code too.

She arrived last night. Overall I really like her. Yes the open flipper hands that she ships with are absolutely terrible but the gripping hands are much better. Not sure what the hell happened with the hands.

As for the dress it would appear that as per usual no one tried to futz with it at all in initial pictures. She ships with a plastic clam shell over feet under the dress which gives it that big bell shape. I swear some of the early pics we saw still had that under there the way the dress was shaped. I took literally under a minute to grab the lower hem and pull the entire dress to her ankles and then straightened the vertical "pleats" and then applied slight pressure and it held that shape pretty nicely.

Here are some pics from phone
CL-p_2.jpg
CL_p_1.jpg
CL_p_4.jpg
CL_p_3.jpg

Great pics Travis! Dress looks so much better going all the way to the ground. I'll for sure have her displayed wearing the crown. Are you happy with the sculpt paint apps in hand? Looks pretty decent but perhaps a bit soft, which I suppose is ok for a female face like Cersei.

Her paint app is a bit "soft" as you say but it looks good. Her eyes and eyebrows look good and that conveys a lot of her character. Her flesh is a tad pale but I supposed that is better than badly applied blush or whatever.

I wish that they had included a few more accessories (like an Iron Throne) but overall I am happy with her. I did not have time to set up Jaimie with her yet or her dad but will mess around more with her later.

The really puzzling thing is how bad the hands are. Even the gripping hands have poor paint on the rings but the open hands she has out of the box are atrocious, like some substandard plastic that just look unnatural and extremely cheap toy looking.

I would be all down for 3-0 making a second run of hands and sending them out to all their customers. I might look through my "hands boxes" to find some better ones but it is a shame she wont have her rings on then unless I do some modding.

I am happy with this purchase and really looking forward to Brienne.

Nice! Glad to know the dress is futzable... but is there not enough material to get any deeper folds in the skirt portion?

There is a lot in the back that sticks out behind her that is not visble in my. I did not take that much time to mess around with the dress so I am sure more can be done. Not sure how deep the folds will get though. The material is a bit "plasticky" so it is pretty stiff and as you work one part, the other side can pop out. I think with some more care taken I could get it into a nicer pose. I am not ready to put her up on the shelf yet as I want to see how she looks next to her family but will work on a good futz before moving her over to the Lannister shelf.

Received my Cersei. The sculpt looks actually pretty good in hand, and I'm sure a custom repaint would look fantastic. Unfortunately mine comes with some deffect in the neck peg, and the head will pop up all the time. If I don't move it it keeps in place, but the slightest move make her head fall down. Her size is good, and she looks actually a tad too tall. The dress is crappy, too stiff, and makes almost impossible to pose her in a natural way other than standing straight. You can sit her with effort, but doesn't look too great, and looks like she sits too tall for the Iron Throne. Will try to get some pics of her in the throne, at least so you guys can see how it works. Using another body seems impossible unless you cut the dress. The crown is pretty good, looks metal or a good quality plastic, and fits well on the sculpt. Tried to get her shoes off, to see if it was possible to make her a little shorter so the dress would touch the floor and drape better, but broke the peg inside the boot. Will try to fix it somehow. So mixed feelings. She looks good in the shelf, and the most important bits are there, likeness, decent sculpt and paint, and height. Crappy dress and no accessories, plus the hands (that honestly don't look that bad in person, if not for the pictures I'd never noticed) are not too good, but was expected. Head not fitting the peg and broken foot... Ugh.

Some pics sitting on the Throne. I pulled her legs off from the knees so she can sit well. Not bad looking, really.

IMG_20190902_154907-c.jpg
IMG_20190902_155108.jpg
IMG_20190902_155246.jpg
IMG_20190902_155432.jpg

Last edited:
^ Nice pics, she looks pretty good - I like that group shot. :) I should hopefully have her in-hand by the end of the week.

Back