Threezero Game of Thrones - 1/6 Jon Snow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to repaint the Ebay sculpt (again, wasn't satisfied with my first attempt).

Here's a pic of the sculpt with primer, for reference. Chopped the nose to make it less pointy.

20161005_080920.jpg
20161005_072854(0).jpg

What custom heads are available so far and where do you get them..?

What custom heads are available so far and where do you get them..?

There is the Season 6 version on Ebay. There are also 2 or 3 casts on here in the customs threads area. If you just go to that thread and do a search for Jon Snow they will all come up.

Thanks for the ThinkGeek sale tip! I had already bought the eBay head with the intention of making a season 6 Jon. Really only needed an extra Longclaw and belt for that, but with the figure this cheap I can consider making a custom Night's Watch figure too. Now, I'm a big fan of Dolorous Edd - has anyone seen a head that might be passable as him?

Thanks for the ThinkGeek sale tip! I had already bought the eBay head with the intention of making a season 6 Jon. Really only needed an extra Longclaw and belt for that, but with the figure this cheap I can consider making a custom Night's Watch figure too. Now, I'm a big fan of Dolorous Edd - has anyone seen a head that might be passable as him?

I was looking around on ebay for heads that looked like characters of the Knights Watch. Didn't see much of anything that was even good quality except a few from ACI who made those Spartans. I'm gonna use this dude for Grenn

s-l500_zpscpyrruo7.jpg

I just looked again and typed in Hot Toys and got a much different result in heads. Only problem is this looks like Keanu. But maybe with some custom paint? Dude also has a small jaw compared to Edd.

s-l500_zps8tkiljzt.jpg

Update.

The 4th attempt at painting this was the good one (i think). Just need to not mess up the eyes and i can post some pics of the full figure.

14573048_10153783823342441_5158066672186902514_n.jpg

I've been re-watching the series with a friend from the start and I noticed that the head sculpt from the ThreeZero figure actually looks really accurate to the early seasons of Jon. I don't know what changed with Kit between then and now, probably just aging or beard/hair, but his face looks quite different when you compare it from S1-S3 to the current episodes. I can definitely see that the head sculpt was based off of S1 reference photos.

Actually, it's a pretty soft sculpt. Definitely a step backwards from Tyrion.

Considering how slow these are produced, one would expect a little more precision. Add the soft sculpt to the oversized hands & boots and you can see where the disappointment comes in.

This company has continually gotten worse with every figure they have released. At this point I've pretty much written them off.

Tyrion is still a strong effort if you ask me but that's where it stops.

This company has continually gotten worse with every figure they have released. At this point I've pretty much written them off.

Tyrion is still a strong effort if you ask me but that's where it stops.

I disagree. I love this company. I have my nit-picks with them--we all do--but that doesn't stop me from enjoying their figures. I don't know how you can say that they're getting worse when we recently got Guts from Berserk, The Hound is coming and looks excellent, and Skull Knight looks so badass. Rick wasn't perfect, but I don't know why so many people are complaining about him. He's a really solid effort IMO, rivaling other companies for sure, and the price is super reasonable. I don't keep up with their random robot or turtle figures, so I can't say much about them.

I found this figure on eBay last week and I had to have it so I sold a couple statues.

Attachments

• IMG_0425.jpg
    IMG_0425.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 194
Back