Threezero Game of Thrones - 1/6 Jon Snow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine today as well. The box was huge! Ghost looks a lot better in hand compared to pictures. Overall the figure looks awesome. Does anyone have any boots in mind for a swap?

You gotta wonder if they even looked at a photo of a real wolf when sculpting Ghost.

9d9efec46783d48d643a6dde05464926.jpg

d96420362a83de6d10fe0704a35f46ba.jpg

Or looking at a picture of Ghost for that matter

ghost.jpg

ghost1.jpg[

Kinda shocked, my Jon Snow EX is out for delivery already, via EMS, I've had a ton of EMS packages over the years and they all took atleast a week, week and 1/2 before. Guess I'll get to see if I need to jump in the interests thread later today.

The longer I own it the more I dislike the sculpt.I remember having some criticisms for Ned but the Jon sculpt makes Ned look like absolute gold. Besides, with a repaint Ned really does look ace. I think I really am going to have to buy a custom. *sigh* I hate buying custom sculpts. It'll make a $190 figure to well over a $300 figure after the paint job. You really do have to have deep pockets to keep up with all the custom stuff on this board. The rubber belts are a bit of a disappointment but with Tyrion I don't really use it and Ned's doesn't look bad at all. Jon's on the other hand doesn't look as good. I'll have to live with it though because there is no way I'm buying a custom belt as well. :lol

I would like to see what this looks like with better paint though. I can't imagine it will be a complete reversal or anything. Is anyone thinking of repainting theirs?

The longer I own it the more I dislike the sculpt.I remember having some criticisms for Ned but the Jon sculpt makes Ned look like absolute gold. Besides, with a repaint Ned really does look ace. I think I really am going to have to buy a custom. *sigh* I hate buying custom sculpts. It'll make a $190 figure to well over a $300 figure after the paint job. You really do have to have deep pockets to keep up with all the custom stuff on this board. The rubber belts are a bit of a disappointment but with Tyrion I don't really use it and Ned's doesn't look bad at all. Jon's on the other hand doesn't look as good. I'll have to live with it though because there is no way I'm buying a custom belt as well.[emoji38]
I would like to see what this looks like with better paint though. I can't imagine it will be a complete reversal or anything. Is anyone thinking of repainting theirs?
After having it for a couple days and thinking it over I feel the same. It will just be a big hassle... $160 for the figure, $80 for a sculpt, maybe another $80+ to paint it, a leather belt, plus finding new boots and gloves. I wanted Jon but honestly I don't think he's worth all the trouble right now. Maybe if the custom sculpt is spot on I'll rebuy him down the road.

Mine was delivered yesterday but didn't get home in time while the office was still open. Eager to get him posed in the iron throne later today!

Yea when you start getting into add ons it just isn't worth it. I'll pass on the custom sculpt. And while a non rubber belt would be nice, I'm not spending $80 on one.

interested to see wht comes of the custom sculpts, could be Kit has one of those hard to sculpt faces based on the attempts.
this statue seems like the best attempt to me so far-
Amazon.com: Dark Horse Deluxe Game of Thrones: Jon Snow and Ghost Statue: Toys & Games

darkhorse hair sculpt ftw

the darkhorse sculpt looks good from a distance, but so-so closeup. I think his expression is a little off-putting.

Although, I do like Ghost better on the darkhouse statue. I know that Ghost is supposed to be in a defensive/about to attack stance on the Threezero but I would have preferred the ears to have been pointed up more (instead of folded down somewhat).

yeah they def went for the snarling ready to attack or defend look for ghost but missed the mark abit, looks like the sculptors first attempt. has lost the wolf look and agree a more relaxed ver would have been as imposing and retain the look of a wolf which again this one barely has IMO.

still a great set despite the issues i think.

Got mine today, f'in love him. I actually prefer these releases to any of my Hot Toys ones I have on order. The clothing is insanely detailed. I can't wait for Jaime!

Yea when you start getting into add ons it just isn't worth it. I'll pass on the custom sculpt. And while a non rubber belt would be nice, I'm not spending $80 on one.

The custom pieces will take this from an ok figure to a fantastic figure. If I didn't like Jon so much, I wouldn't be putting in the extra money to make it look better.

Back