Threezero Game of Thrones - 1/6 Jon Snow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt seriously that 30 would include larger feet to offset the lack of stands. And I would also be very surprised if things like this, and the crude/stylized hands on Tyrion slipped by the 30 folks as they reviewed prototypes, or were cost-cutting moves somehow. Instead, I suspect these are intentional stylistic choices. Wong is a co-owner of ThreeA, after all, and likely has an affinity for some of these stylistic touches.

I doubt his hands were a stylistic choice. Why would they make his hands the only thing stylized? If his head or feet were like that, then maybe. I don't see why they would do something artsy on a figure of a real person. The 3A hands don't even look like Tyrion's, if I remember correctly. My guess is they just messed up his hands and never bothered to fix them.

yeah there is no way the large boots and simplified/rough hands are a stylistic choice. i think its due to the staff not being experienced with the realistic stuff.

yeah there is no way the large boots and simplified/rough hands are a stylistic choice. i think its due to the staff not being experienced with the realistic stuff.
Exactly. The giant boots are the first thing I noticed on the original PO pics.

Jaime looks to have his own issue, that necks stands out. Wrong color and no texture at all. All the detail on the armor and they let something like that slip past.

I don't know, Threezero has been at this a long time, and I think they know very well what they're doing.

they have but majority of releases have been stylized i think. also alot of staff changed up not long ago. sans a few and Kim they are not the same staff that has been there long ago ect

Yeah, kinda feels like an oversight to me, too. Tyrion's feet are actually a little too small.

this.

Most likely they look small because Tyrion is too big/tall. :)

Is that an intentional stylistic choice too? :lol

I think the bottom line is 3Z isn't perfect, no figure company has put out a perfect figure. This discussion could go on forever with everyone nitpicking and defending 3Z/3A's style.

Every design decision is intentional, whether it's right or wrong, it's not like the figure size or foot size was a production error because they baked the PVC too long or left the windows open or someone tripped the switch to the enlargement ray-gun. :)

Oversized boots are no excuse for not including a cheap stand. You can get those on Ebay for just a few bucks.

If they want to claim "realistic" they can't go around making everyone's feet jumbo because they're too cheap to include a stand.

It's not an excuse by any means, but considering they have ignored all complaints about the shoe and glove size AND we're three figures in that have this issue....I can't see another reason other than downright daftness.

And excessively large feet on these figures have nothing to do with stands. Next someone will argue that Hot Toys can never get a head sculpt right because they do include a stand. FFS.

Every design decision is intentional, whether it's right or wrong, it's not like the figure size or foot size was a production error because they baked the PVC too long or left the windows open or someone tripped the switch to the enlargement ray-gun. :)

You and I almost always agree Pixel. Today I feel betrayed. [emoji14]

You say every design choice is intentional. So based on that, why are we intentionally: ignoring customer complaints about foot size even after they've adjusted things like Ghost or Ned due to them and now have consistently put out 3 figures in a row with the enlarged feet? Something doesn't add up there. I really don't think there is a simple mistake of "that looks normal" or something. It just doesn't add up. And I just can't see (but I could be sorely mistaken) a company as big as 3Z NOT being able to comprehend such a small thing.

So as you say, it's intentional. But why is the debate.

I'd even be willing to go a step back and just say it's for stability, forget the stands. That would be an intentional design choice.

I hope they eventually make a Wildling figure. But until then, mine will have to suffice.

A55DA1CE-AD0B-4F8F-A290-ACAA84A0695E_zpsruzekzns.jpg

Back