Threezero CHAPPIE 1/6 scale figure Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archery

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Haven't seen anyone post a review/first look on this figure so thought I'd comment for anyone on the fence about picking this piece up. This is the exclusive version which includes the orange arm/ear paint and gold chains.

Comes in a very compact box like the GOT Tyrion figure also from Threezero. First impression was that the colors are a little darker than they should be. Figure is very light, I think it's all plastic but there may be a small amount of metal in the joints which are very solid. Graffiti decals on the body work look good, but paint work is muted.

Figure is very posable. Best thing about it. 60 degree rotation in the elbow, 90 in the shoulders and 90+ in the knees, a small amount of articulation in toes and ankles also. Waist has some rotation, about 40 degrees, possibly more but don't want to damage the rubber tubing in the mid section. Ears and fingers also articulated. Both head "bars" also movable as well as the shoulder light. It's the first 1/6 figure I've ever owned that can actually hold a rifle in two hands (with articulated fingers) and not look awkward. Looking at you Hot Toys Battle Damaged Robocop.

Extras include a second LED face plate (eyes vs full visor light up), 3 metal gold chains and battle damaged rifle. AK47 I think with folding stock. No stand or extra hands included. The gold dollar sign is plastic which looks very cheap and doesn't match the color of the gold chain, will replace this with something better looking. The "Hustler" chain worn in the film is not included. LED visor lights are reasonably bright but switch is tucked away behind the removable head piece which is a pain.

Overall, a good figure despite the issues. If you liked the movie or even just the character design, worth picking up if you can find it for a reasonable price. Just a shame it isn't die cast. Would have improved the figure immensely.

Score:
Likeness/Accuracy: 4/5
Paintwork: 3/5
Packaging: 2/5
Extras: 2/5
Articulation: 5/5
Overall (Not an average): 3.5/5

Will post full figure images later if there's interest.

yH87vVx.jpg

hH5FkA3.jpg

The chain looks beyond cheap- leave it off!
I'm disappomited by your pics of the final product- looks toy-like- I had alot of hope the production piece would look awesome- but no. Great review!

The chain looks beyond cheap- leave it off!
I'm disappomited by your pics of the final product- looks toy-like- I had alot of hope the production piece would look awesome- but no. Great review!

I have it in hand, Its amazing! pisses all over my Hot toys diecast Whiplash its stood next to. Honestly looks like its made of metal. His pictures really don't do it justice.
Chappie director Neill Blomkamp just got his, he seems to like it too https://www.instagram.com/p/BDmSEohKhKY/?taken-by=neillblomkamp

Back