Threezero 1/6 White Walker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There’s not a lot of love for this guy but I agree 100%. He is easily the best figure so far. Has a real shelf presence too.
Really? I didn't know there wasn't a lot of love for him. Maybe a lot of people didn't buy it due to other purchases or the want of the Night King. They're missing out if
Just had a chance to open him up and have a look. Nice figure! He's not quite the best of the line for me (that's Arya, so far), but he's really good! He's definitely in that conversation.

I love the outfit, lots more fabric and leather-ish materials. I was expecting it to be mostly rubber, but it's not. Sword/spear is cool, too.

The thing I still can't figure out, though, is why they'd go with rooted hair on Arya and sculpted hair on this guy. Don't get me wrong, Arya's rooted hair turned out great -- way better than I expected -- but her short hair seemed like a much more obvious candidate for the sculpted treatment while this guy is crying out for some scraggly white rooted locks. The sculpted hair is fine, but it seems like a missed opportunity, is all. Would have taken him to the next level.

The sculpt is good. (I find it difficult to argue about accuracy with the more "monstery" characters. My brain seems to be a little more forgiving on non-human likenesses.) The only thing I would have liked is maybe some more prominent eyes. The glowing blue eyes are kind of the White Walkers' signature trait and his are kind of deep set and tiny, which makes them a little hard to see. But that's a minor nit.

The base body is really heavy and solid. Surprisingly heavy, really. And not just because he's a little taller. I had a few issues getting him to stand unassisted because his ankle joints, while sturdy, may not be quite sturdy enough for a figure this heavy. Of course 3Z doesn't do figure stands, but I might use one of my spares for this guy, just to be safe.

I got the deluxe edition with the skirt and extra feet, but I haven't stripped him down to try out his other look. I'm not sure I will, actually. Not super impressed with some of the pictures I've seem of him in that outfit. He seems a little ... as the kids say ... thicc. [emoji38] Especially for a wraith-like character. Maybe if I can pick up a second figure down the road at a reasonable discount, I could see adding the nearly-nekkid variant to the display, but for right now, I'm very happy with his armored look.

Overall he's a solid B+ and a welcome addition to the GOT detolf!
Nice review, Bucky! I agree Arya is nice but for me, I think this edges her out because of the few problems I have with her.

As for WW, I was also pleased to see more fabric than I thought would be on the figure. I thought the shoulder/torso armor would be rubber rather then the hard plastic that it is. Same for the tunic areas that are cloth, I thought those would be rubber, too. I wish the boots weren't rubber.

The sculpt is very well done with lots of detail and it's a "close enough" for me as far as likeness is concerned. I'm harder on human portraits.

Along with Arya, this is the best paint they've done on a figure in this line. Miles better than poor old Jon, or even Ned.lol

Body/posability is good. Looks like they used the template of Hounds body for this. It's a big and heavy figure for sure, with the click-y type of joints - i.e The Hound. I haven't converted him to the skirt look but I will after this post to have a look.

The ice spear is great. Not much other to say.

I'd give him a 7.5 , or maybe an 8, out of 10. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what this is, or where this goes on the figure? I don't see it in the instructions and I don't see it in pictures.

Still love this figure but to be honest I wish the eyes were a more vibrant blue. Hope they announce the Night King when the final season begins in a couple weeks.

I know it’s all leading up to the big everyone vs the ice zombies but as much as I love the show I think the white walkers are still pretty stupid as a whole. So I’ll get the night king and only the night kning which I’m sure they will get to eventually.

Why does BBTS take so long to process and ship? I ordered him last thursday. I get packages from china faster. Smdh

edit: nevermind, was posting about feet issue but figured it out... i bought two and will prob try to find a head for a repaint to use the extra clothes and make a third

Still love this figure but to be honest I wish the eyes were a more vibrant blue. Hope they announce the Night King when the final season begins in a couple weeks.
Same. The eyes should almost look like they're glowing blue.

I know it’s all leading up to the big everyone vs the ice zombies but as much as I love the show I think the white walkers are still pretty stupid as a whole. So I’ll get the night king and only the night kning which I’m sure they will get to eventually.
The WW are a bit different in the books. They're described as more elegant, otherwordly, even strangely beautiful. But they stream lined a lot of stuff in the show and cut a TON of awesome stuff, and I'm not one of those book purist that demand near complete fidelity. But man, the stuff they cut out, and the changes they made to characters these last few seasons, have convinced me they're more interested in rocketing toward the finale with the dragons and ice zombies then telling a coherent story. Personally, I'm just hoping for schlock at this point.lol

I didn’t intend to buy him as I was hoping for the night king and didn’t really need two white walkers but I saw him at the local comic shop and did a boredom buy. Glad I did, He’s an amazing figure. Only gripe I have is he’s a bit flimsy especially on the lower half but quality paint outfit and sculpt.

I didn’t intend to buy him as I was hoping for the night king and didn’t really need two white walkers but I saw him at the local comic shop and did a boredom buy. Glad I did, He’s an amazing figure. Only gripe I have is he’s a bit flimsy especially on the lower half but quality paint outfit and sculpt.

High praise indeed from you for a TZ figure!! Would you say it’s their best? I think it’s pretty easily the best in the line.

High praise indeed from you for a TZ figure!! Would you say it’s their best? I think it’s pretty easily the best in the line.

I’d say it’s the best yup! To be fair they have always made out ok with non human figures but that’s not to say the level of detail on the sculpt and the paint is not very impressive as is the outfit which could just have easily been an all rubber thing.

They have been improving on the human figures too. Aryas paint job and sculpt is proof of that but they are still a ways to go.

But other than maybe being a bit thick in the midsection which might be more of an issue with the body than the outfit I don’t find s lot of fault in the white walker at all.

I always thought the midsection was a bit wide, and the eyes could be brighter. Still a killer figure though. I wasn't sure if I would go for him initially but I'm glad I did.

Really love this figure...

Pics straight from the box, no muss, no fuss...

COMP 1.jpg

icon 1.jpg

Good figure but the body is way too tall and the midsection too wide. I will be swapping it out for a standard muscular body.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Back