threeA - Transformers G1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, pretty sure those are from Titanfall? But, I would be less than shocked if their "G1" TFs looked something like that. Which, of course, would make no sense whatsoever. If you want incomprehensible jumbles of wires and parts, why not stick with the movie designs?

That photo not even related to their G1 line yet people are jumping to conclusions already. Not sure what people expected to be honest. They're not trying to compete with the MP line or all the other 3rd party companies out there pushing out figures that are suppose to be as accurate to the original design as possible. If stylized G1 figures aren't your thing, you're not going to like these figures.

It's obviously going to take design elements from the core G1 design with a mix of Ash's artistic take. The transformer covers Ash did is said to be a good starting point to what the figures will be based around as stated by gregory over on their forum.

I'm surprised there's so much "I hope it's this / I hope it's that / what will Ashley Wood influence look like" on other sites, like we haven't already seen a bunch of images of what Ash draws G1 Transformers like.

Gregory: No kidding. The speculation on SSF is incredibly wrong. Someone posted up an early image of a DOTM prototype with an alternate head declaring that is what the G1 line will look like. Nothing's been seen or leaked.

The art Ash did for those Generations covers is a good place to start, but they're also 12 years old. They'll have similar Ash proportions and heavy weathering while retaining the essence of the character is the best way I can put it for now

transformers-generations-01-awood.jpg

trzBLzS.jpg

Yeah, pretty sure those are from Titanfall? But, I would be less than shocked if their "G1" TFs looked something like that. Which, of course, would make no sense whatsoever. If you want incomprehensible jumbles of wires and parts, why not stick with the movie designs?

Look to the figure on the far right.

That photo not even related to their G1 line yet people are jumping to conclusions already. Not sure what people expected to be honest. They're not trying to compete with the MP line or all the other 3rd party companies out there pushing out figures that are suppose to be as accurate to the original design as possible. If stylized G1 figures aren't your thing, you're not going to like these figures.

It's obviously going to take design elements from the core G1 design with a mix of Ash's artistic take. The transformer covers Ash did is said to be a good starting point to what the figures will be based around as stated by gregory over on their forum.

transformers-generations-01-awood.jpg

trzBLzS.jpg

Those photos look pretty close to what I thought when I heard it was Wood's 3A that would be doing this, funky proportions with the large hands. Hopefully I'm wrong but most likely that will be what we will get.

Also that 3A photo does look to be teasing some kind of Optimus, the only thing that makes it look like Prime is the wheels on the legs and the chest. I have no idea what line that's for but it looks like something out of Hot Toys Artist line, like they did with the predator, but the predator looked badass, this does not.

Thats is a 3a transformer folks...yea the others are titanfall.... but that far right is a ash transformer

If you look his Batman or iron ironman figs..... what we're you expecting

LOL at this line.

The fact that it's even considered is mind blowing.

Stick to the horrible Bayformers, G1 has more than enough quality products that ACTUALLY transform.

LOL at this line.

The fact that it's even considered is mind blowing.

Stick to the horrible Bayformers, G1 has more than enough quality products that ACTUALLY transform.

As much as I disagree with the Bayformers being horrible thing, I will say I haven't seen a single G1 Optimus figure (transformable or not) that is better looking than MP-10. If MP-10 had some decent paint apps then I'd never look elsewhere.

As much as I disagree with the Bayformers being horrible thing, I will say I haven't seen a single G1 Optimus figure (transformable or not) that is better looking than MP-10. If MP-10 had some decent paint apps then I'd never look elsewhere.

The Hasbro version of MP10 has great paint apps.

Ultimetal Prime is also great looking albeit expensive.

The stereotypical Asian looking robot? That's maybe very vaguely reminiscent of Wreck-Gar, but really looks almost nothing like any G1 bot. Unless you're talking about the little foot by the cup at the bottom of the picture?

It's not G1 or Wreck-Gar related. He was assuming that it was somehow related to a G1 Optimus.

---------------------------

24025464441_ba8239b8b5_b.jpg

Cool, but if anyone studies DOTM Prime for more than 2 minutes they'd notice it's totally off.
See wheels, bumper on the waist, feet, leggs.....

Anyway. I'm just waiting to see something confirmed.

^Agreed I would love for them to start off with StarScream. I just hope they do the paint apps in the cartoon style as well instead of with metallic paint like HT did with their version of G1 prime.

Back