ThreeA - REAL STEEL - Ambush 1/6th - PRE-ORDER NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dino76m said:
Image0028.jpg
Dude, it's not the customs, it's a pretty normal thing to happen with figure like this.
Just reglue it & that's all. You're making an elephant out of the fly here.
It's like asking for replacement because one of the pouches disattached on a military figure or smth like that.
+ this particular part is glued from the inner side so you won't even notice if you will do smth wrong/will put too much glue on the part & etc.
For the record - just received 2x of them from Bamba & one of them had exactly the same problem. It's a very easy fix.
Unsatisfactory CS... Sheesh! They won't be able to even run this business if they will bother with replacements when stuff like that happens.
threeA is actually pretty good with replacements & CS when smth is going wrong but replace the whole thing when one small part just disattached and not even broken? I'm not sure this is the way to go. They will just get bankrupt in this case.

i agree , that loose part can be fixed, but i requested them for a replacement box since mine was all taped and torn at the edges, they said they didnt have,
I had send them at least 10 mails asking them to bubblewrap it properly before shipping knowing how the Indian customs would treat it and to inform me prior to shipping it out, they didnt andjust put it in a box and send it out,
so yes its kinda poor CS for a first timer like me from them,and like i said its not for a replacement figure but they didnt listen to my request about how to pack it out and no proper info on when they shipped it out,I only came to know it had arrived when it had reached my post office

But in case with customs it's more like your problem too, don't you think?
I mean if your country have serious problems with their own customs it's not:
1) manufacturer's fault
2) manufacturer can't do anything with it anyway (the only thing he can do is exclude your country from the shipping list)
If there at least was some kind of additional insurance, but as far as I know - there is not (just because they don't offer such service). And even insurance company can always be like: "What? Foreign customs opened the package? Naaaah, we can't do anything about executive system/government of the other country."
Just think about it - they will send you new box and your customs will turn it into crap again. Then what? You will ask for replacement again, they will send you one more box and the same story will happen. It just leads to nowhere.
If you have some crazy customs just buy from the local comic shops. That's the only thing you can do to avoid all the risks.
Especially if even the box is the problem. Some online comic stores even use warnings in their listings like: "If you need A+ condition box - please don't buy from us. Boxes can be damaged during shipping and we can't do anything about it."
Personally, I prefer to have perfect boxes too & keep most of them but I never ask for refund/replacement if seller did everything he possibly and normally could to secure the package.
If the figure itself is damaged - it's another story of course, but then again, package must be insured in this case (and that's not your case anyway).
And of course no offense mate! Just my 2 cents to your story!
Good luck with a shoulder fix!

But in case with customs it's more like your problem too, don't you think?
I mean if your country have serious problems with their own customs it's not:
1) manufacturer's fault
2) manufacturer can't do anything with it anyway (the only thing he can do is exclude your country from the shipping list)
If there at least was some kind of additional insurance, but as far as I know - there is not (just because they don't offer such service). And even insurance company can always be like: "What? Foreign customs opened the package? Naaaah, we can't do anything about executive system/government of the other country."
Just think about it - they will send you new box and your customs will turn it into crap again. Then what? You will ask for replacement again, they will send you one more box and the same story will happen. It just leads to nowhere.
If you have some crazy customs just buy from the local comic shops. That's the only thing you can do to avoid all the risks.
Especially if even the box is the problem. Some online comic stores even use warnings in their listings like: "If you need A+ condition box - please don't buy from us. Boxes can be damaged during shipping and we can't do anything about it."
Personally, I prefer to have perfect boxes too & keep most of them but I never ask for refund/replacement if seller did everything he possibly and normally could to secure the package.
If the figure itself is damaged - it's another story of course, but then again, package must be insured in this case (and that's not your case anyway).
And of course no offense mate! Just my 2 cents to your story!
Good luck with a shoulder fix!

i agree, but at least they could have heeded my instructions on how to pack it , I had got enterbay T800 and gantry too from sellers who followed my instruction on how to pack, it isnt a herculean task or anything, just some extra bubblewrapping to cover the box because in most case custom officer are just lasy to open packages which are packed like a bomb, i think i must have send 2-3 mails to them once i heard it was being shipped out,
i received my Iron man gantry the same day from a ebay seller and it arrived perfectly unopened,and its bigger than Ambush,
as for getting from local shops we dont even have a decent comic book shop forget action figure/statue shops lol

i agree, but at least they could have heeded my instructions on how to pack it , I had got enterbay T800 and gantry too from sellers who followed my instruction on how to pack, it isnt a herculean task or anything, just some extra bubblewrapping to cover the box because in most case custom officer are just lasy to open packages which are packed like a bomb, i think i must have send 2-3 mails to them once i heard it was being shipped out,
i received my Iron man gantry the same day from a ebay seller and it arrived perfectly unopened,and its bigger than Ambush,
as for getting from local shops we dont even have a decent comic book shop forget action figure/statue shops lol

It's pretty hard to have individualized shipping instructions from each buyer. I understand what you are saying, I just don't know how realistic it is for any size company to have specialized shipping for every order. They may not have a system in place for that.

It's pretty hard to have individualized shipping instructions from each buyer. I understand what you are saying, I just don't know how realistic it is for any size company to have specialized shipping for every order. They may not have a system in place for that.

thats wat they replied, but some ebay sellers do listen

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0053-1.jpg

looking forward to more Real Steel figures.... >:} >:}

figure is perfect as well....glad I got Midas as well coming and having seen Atom in hand oh yeah....:hi5:

He looks so great! Nice pics and poses. Just 15 more days and i'll have mine. :yess:

Good to know. SSC are charging me on Thurs so i should have mine next week. :woo

Mine had the same part loose in the box too. I had to stock up on superglue what with HT Luke, GG Rocket and Ambush all this past week. Something to fix on every single one.

Scanned the thread - do the batteries come with? the note about them implies that they do not and I don't see them in the box. Nothing on the SSC site about it either.

Scanned the thread - do the batteries come with? the note about them implies that they do not and I don't see them in the box. Nothing on the SSC site about it either.

No they don't come with it and they were a pain to put in as well. :lol

Few pics of mine.
8127296440_0d05b88cdf_b.jpg

8127362953_e709e905d5_b.jpg

8127330031_4d64c18358_b.jpg

8127391110_fe34487c02_b.jpg

8127153831_c1370d778f_b.jpg

8127358720_1356167a6c_b.jpg

8127296280_d2ded159a7_b.jpg

8127338262_2213f99a3a_b.jpg

Back