Those who disliked TLJ, are you still buying toys from it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frozen space leia, maybe. Even better if it has a stand which rotates the figure midair and plays the blue Danube waltz. Then it would be a no brainer literally and figuratively. :)

I'm gonna do a Sith focused Hot Toys collection. Picked up TFA Kylo Ren on discount recently. I've always liked Kylo Ren's TFA design... so that's it for new trilogy characters. Rest of the money going into Ho Toys matrix line and pick up some backto the future stuff.

Purple hair, Snoke and Mary poppins can shelf warm for all I care.

*grabs popcorn* *watches fans defend PT after a decade of bashing* *watches them complain about superior movies*

Did you post in the wrong thread? No one in here is defending the PT, only two people have even typed the PT and neither said anything in defense of it. But honestly, who did you think "after a decade of bashing" was suddenly changing their stance in this thread? People are being civil and honest, try not going full retard man, its the holidays, go have some egg-nog and chill the **** out and stop trying to add drama where there is none.

I'll probably pick up Luke as I really like the hobo-chic look but that's it for me from this trilogy.

Will wait for the aftermarket discount. Or a mega coupon. But honestly will only consider Crait Luke if he "appears".

F these new movies. Will never buy anything Disney/Star Wars.

Disney isn't the problem. Kathleen Kennedy is the problem.

A lot of people miss the fact that Lucasfilm still produced the film, just like Marvel still produces the Avengers movies. Disney is just the distribution outlet. While Disney absolutely has some say in the final product, they're keeping Deadpool as an R-rated franchise and are open to more mature movies moving forward. Rogue One is proof Disney is ok with more dark/violent films.

Kathleen Kennedy oversees the casting, writing and production.

The Force Awakens was a hit because it was the return of Star Wars and everyone had to go see it because it was Star Wars. Rogue One was also huge because of the nods to the OT. But, with The Last Jedi running $120 million behind TFA, I'm sure Disney is taking notice and they're going to address the harsh criticism/blowback that this film has received among fans with Kennedy and address it for Episode 9. They can't be happy that a franchise that prints money is being received with it's core fanbase like this.

Kennedy is the real villain here.

I'm wondering how star wars celebration will go down in '18. I have a feeling Kennedy's reception will be lukewarm at best. However, the people that go to celebration are fanatics so who knows?

I'm just trying to wrap my mind around people who like TLJ on the grounds it was unexpected, as if that alone merits the story they got. It would be like me going to a steak house, ordering a ribeye, and getting soup instead, then showering praise for getting I wasn't expecting.

I'm wondering how star wars celebration will go down in '18. I have a feeling Kennedy's reception will be lukewarm at best. However, the people that go to celebration are fanatics so who knows?

I'm just trying to wrap my mind around people who like TLJ on the grounds it was unexpected, as if that alone merits the story they got. It would be like me going to a steak house, ordering a ribeye, and getting soup instead, then showering praise for getting I wasn't expecting.

There is no celebration in 2018.

Perhaps a better analogy would be like you going to a steak house, ordering a ribeye and getting a ribeye, but it tasting either better or worse than you were expecting.

Some people thought it tasted good, others didn't think it tasted as good as they were expecting it to.

Your analogy would be more akin to going into a theater that said it was playing TLJ on the marquee and therefore, expecting to see TLJ, but it started playing Jumanji instead.

I had kylo but sold him. I kept my non-hot toys bb8.
I am genuinely tempted to buy kylo again as I love the design but the films are terrible, terrible ****e.

I'm skipping on any figures from TLJ travesty.

I've got four figures from TFA (Rey/BB8, Finn, Jakku Trooper and Tie Pilot) and will add Poe. That's it for me from the new trilogy.

This is such a hard question...I HATED the prequels, but I like a few key characters, so I have Grievous PF EX, and I plan to order HT Anakin (and hopefully one day a HT ROTS Obi) but thats it...with that said, I was so happy with TFA (I ordered, Rey, Finn, Han, Kylo, passed on Luke), but sadly I wasn't really happy with TLJ, with many of the stated issues, but I still love some parts of TLJ, so I will add HT Poe and HT Luke...not sure if I'll order Rey (IMO she was the best thing in the whole movie)...I also want Leia, but I hate that outfit, it looks like something from Episode 1, so maybe...

Honestly, Rey, Poe and Hux are the only characters from the new trilogy worth a damn anyway. Kylo has potential. Everyone else ranges from "sucks" to "meh".

Although I must admit, I have a soft spot for BB-8 for some reason. Cool little dude.

Back