Those who disliked TLJ, are you still buying toys from it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And you seem to be assuming that we live in a world where everyone has the same opportunity and everything will just naturally become fair and equal if we simply give it enough time. And so we should just not make any effort at all and ignore the many who are feeling left out and disenfranchised today.

As I mentioned before, which you were unable to do, point me to a particular institution in our society (name a company, university, etc) where an entire group from top to bottom isn't being given the same opportunity (key word) strictly based on nothing more than their gender or skin tone, and I'll gladly condemn it.

Just as I condemn your open advocation for the discrimination of "white males", and based on those two attributes alone.

Don't mean to interrupt, jumping in quickly to say:

This thread would be better with a poll.

Carry on...

I actually put in an order TLJ Luke the other night. I might not even be the target of the OP’s question though. I ultimately really disliked the movie for many reasons others disliked the movie, and really liked the movie for many reasons others liked the movie. I feel like a microcosm of the dichotomy of opinions surrounding the film.

That scene with Luke and R2 though, that was delicious. Chances of a TLJ R2? Might have to track down that TFA version.

I actually put in an order TLJ Luke the other night. I might not even be the target of the OP’s question though. I ultimately really disliked the movie for many reasons others disliked the movie, and really liked the movie for many reasons others liked the movie. I feel like a microcosm of the dichotomy of opinions surrounding the film.

That scene with Luke and R2 though, that was delicious. Chances of a TLJ R2? Might have to track down that TFA version.

I know people -- well, someone -- who is getting TLJ Luke not to support this movie but in his love for the OT character.

I'm done debating with the defenders. They don't do nuance. "Only a Sith deals in absolutes". Garbage film. Star Wars is dead.

For the love of God, stop posting all these videos.

Either learn to make your own arguments, and join the discussion or leave these threads.

And you seem to be assuming that we live in a world where everyone has the same opportunity and everything will just naturally become fair and equal if we simply give it enough time. And so we should just not make any effort at all and ignore the many who are feeling left out and disenfranchised today.

This is an important point that needs to be addressed, because it's an integral part of the subtext within The Last Jedi.

Within capitalism, there are institutions that discriminate. Wage gaps do exist between people who are doing the exact same job. There are instances of prejudice and bigotry toward women, ethnic minorities, the LGBT community and the disabled. However, there are many problems with the perspective of those taking part in the Social Justice movement. Just because you've identified a problem, doesn't mean that your solution is rational. The SJW solution is irrational.

1) People differ from one another cognitively. You are being cognitively prejudiced when you label a single set of circumstances as being "privilege". For example, if you don't like authority, it won't matter to you whether your president looks like you or not. If you view employment as being servitude, equal representation simply means that all people are being exploited equally. You might like authority or employment, but for those who don't, the Social Justice movement sounds irrational. This includes people on both ends of the ideological spectrum.

2) The system is also prejudiced toward men, despite what feminism would have you believe. For example, prison sentences for men are far more severe than for women, regarding the exact same crime. Men disproportionately make up casualties of war, despite defense being a prerequisite for your freedom. Men face institutional prejudice regarding child custody, divorce settlements and assault charges. Men are also likely to be victims of domestic abuse, making up over 40% of domestic abuse cases. To suggest that women are the sole people who have been oppressed by gender bias, is ridiculous.

3) The Social Justice movement subscribes to Post Modernism. Many SJW's who adhere to this philosophy regard Science, logic and reason as being either "patriarchal constructs", or the result of "Western Colonialism". The result: You get sociologists and gender studies majors defending irrational superstitions, like belief in Voodoo, in the name of cultural tolerance. Meanwhile, knowledge is about falsification. It's an attempt to disprove all claims about the world, including your own. In other words, knowledge is intolerant of bs.

The result: The Social Justice movement irrationally presumes that a single blueprint can accommodate everyone, is bigoted toward white heterosexual men, and attempts to undermine everything that humanity has achieved since the Enlightenment, writing it off as the product of your white, male overlords. It's nonsense.

But yes, I do agree that bigotry is a problem.

The Last Jedi reflects all of the nonsense within the SJW movement that I just mentioned. It is vague regarding its capitalist criticism, but there are unsubstantiated egalitarian overtones in the Vegas scene. All men are treated as being plagued by "Toxic Male Behavior" (an irrational feminist concept), to the point of absurdity. Also, one could argue that the subtext indicates that the Enlightenment should be disregarded, because progress happens when you look inside yourself, rather than failing constantly until you learn through trial and error.

The movie was garbage, and indicative of both Johnson and Kennedy's irrational ideological beliefs.

That's why I doubt many will purchase toys from this film.

For the love of God, stop posting all these videos.

Either learn to make your own arguments, and join the discussion or leave these threads.

I'm not going to get into an internet fight with you, and you seem like a bright individual, but he isn't forcing you to click on his videos, you could just ignore him. Ok back to the fun. :)

This is an important point that needs to be addressed, because it's an integral part of the subtext within The Last Jedi.

Within capitalism, there are institutions that discriminate. Wage gaps do exist between people who are doing the exact same job. There are instances of prejudice and bigotry toward women, ethnic minorities, the LGBT community and the disabled. However, there are many problems with the perspective of those taking part in the Social Justice movement. Just because you've identified a problem, doesn't mean that your solution is rational. The SJW solution is irrational.

1) People differ from one another cognitively. You are being cognitively prejudiced when you label a single set of circumstances as being "privilege". For example, if you don't like authority, it won't matter to you whether your president looks like you or not. If you view employment as being servitude, equal representation simply means that all people are being exploited equally. You might like authority or employment, but for those who don't, the Social Justice movement sounds irrational. This includes people on both ends of the ideological spectrum.

2) The system is also prejudiced toward men, despite what feminism would have you believe. For example, prison sentences for men are far more severe than for women, regarding the exact same crime. Men disproportionately make up casualties of war, despite defense being a prerequisite for your freedom. Men face institutional prejudice regarding child custody, divorce settlements and assault charges. Men are also likely to be victims of domestic abuse, making up over 40% of domestic abuse cases. To suggest that women are the sole people who have been oppressed by gender bias, is ridiculous.

3) The Social Justice movement subscribes to Post Modernism. Many SJW's who adhere to this philosophy regard Science, logic and reason as being either "patriarchal constructs", or the result of "Western Colonialism". The result: You get sociologists and gender studies majors defending irrational superstitions, like belief in Voodoo, in the name of cultural tolerance. Meanwhile, knowledge is about falsification. It's an attempt to disprove all claims about the world, including your own. In other words, knowledge is intolerant of bs.

The result: The Social Justice movement irrationally presumes that a single blueprint can accommodate everyone, is bigoted toward white heterosexual men, and attempts to undermine everything that humanity has achieved since the Enlightenment, writing it off as the product of your white, male overlords. It's nonsense.

The Last Jedi reflects all of the nonsense within the SJW movement that I just mentioned. It is vague regarding its capitalist criticism, but there are unsubstantiated egalitarian overtones in the Vegas scene. All men are treated as being plagued by "Toxic Male Behavior" (an irrational feminist concept), to the point of absurdity. Also, one could argue that the subtext indicates that the Enlightenment should be disregarded, because progress happens when you look inside yourself, rather than failing constantly until you learn through trial and error.

The movie was garbage, and indicative of both Johnson and Kennedy's irrational ideological beliefs.

Give me a minute while I attempt to find the appropriate "eye roll" emoji...

If only there was a Logic and Reason emoji... But then you might feel obligated to provide a premise. :rotfl

They don't have to provide an argument if they don't want, but I only find it humorous because it's the same individual accusing others of "straw man" arguments. You know, like eye roll emojis or gems like this:

Translation: I don't even know where to start with that mountain of ********.

They don't have to provide an argument if he doesn't want, but I only find it humorous because it's the same individual accusing others of "straw man" arguments.

Did I make a straw man argument? No, I simply said that I didn't know where to start.

Did I make a straw man argument? No, I simply said that I didn't know where to start.

Start by appealing to logic and reason, instead of an emotional response. You'll be more intelligible that way, and contribute toward an actual conversation instead of an argument. You should be thanking me, for helping to falsify your ideas (which, I would argue are irrational). We learn by questioning our own beliefs, regardless as to whether we're right or wrong. That's how epistemology works.

SJW's on the other hand, would sooner pull fire alarms on lecture halls, or have an Antifa riot to prevent a conversation. The Left needs to engage in fewer tantrums, and more thinking.

Start by appealing to logic and reason, instead of an emotional response. You'll be more intelligible that way, and contribute toward an actual conversation instead of an argument. You should be thanking me, for helping to falsify your ideas (which, I would argue are irrational). We learn by questioning our own beliefs, regardless as to whether we're right or wrong. That's how epistemology works.

SJW's on the other hand, would sooner pull fire alarms on lecture halls, or have an Antifa riot to prevent a conversation. The Left needs to engage in fewer tantrums, and more thinking.

This is why I feel understanding both ends of a spectrum, and actually being able to make a cogent argument that supports either side, helps one come to have a further understanding of why they espouse the principles they do and they stances they have on something.

There's many things that at the end of the day I disagree with, but I can also make a case for it. Being able to do that helps me to better understand the position I espouse on the matter and why.

I have never wanted to rep a post as bad as I have now. :rotfl

Thanks for the ghost rep. Still much appreciated. :lol :duff

A true Leftist embraces science and the principal of universality, which means we apply the same standards to ourselves that we apply to others. A moral truism. These are just elitists the alt right erroneously identifies as progressives. Like Hillary bots. Phony progressives. Hillary the corporatist warmonger.

Deep breath. Here we go

1. "Cognitively prejudiced" isn't a term. It's redundant. It's not prejudice to acknowledge that I, as a white man, have an instant advantage when I walk into an interview due to the simple fact that I look like the people interviewing me. It is not prejudice to acknowledge that social structure and class provide default benefits and access to upper middle class white people.

2. The system is no way prejudicial towards men. Of course men make up more casualties in war, women were not allowed to serve in combat in the U.S. until 2013. I don't see anyone denying that men deal with domestic abuse, but even by your own statistic, women suffer from it disproportionally more. The idea that men face institutional and systemic sexism is absurd, especially when men literally run everything in this country.

3. How did this turn into a diatribe about SJW's?

You see a movie full of "male prosecution" because you can't handle the idea of a default being anything other that a white man.

Back