THOR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PosterBoyKelly

Super Freak
Reaction score
Who's as pumped as I am for this? New Thor hits the shelves today, screw the rest! I'm taking a "long lunch" at work to swipe this guy up. I haven't been too excited by Marvel lately due to the gigantic, universe enveloping stories and not being the biggest Hulk fan (blasphemy, I know.) Caps death interested me and all of course, but THIS is THE Marvel event I have been waiting for, MORE THOR!

I'm always a fan of the classic look more than all, but I like this. It's not TOO off. It's not like they took away the spirit of the character by doing something outrageous like taking off the helmet. It just seems like they added chain mail. I like it, makes it seem like "If Thor needs armor, what's he gonna be fighting that warrants it?"

All I know is that they have tried to redesign and spice up the classic look but they always go back to the original.

Remember the Mike Deodato era Thor? yeah... :rolleyes:

Never like the Marvel comic Thor Character.The true God,Thor was supposed to be a red head bearded Viking God,who enjoy war, blood and women...He had no mercy on the battle field and didnt care about the life of his ennemies...

The Marvel Thor is :monkey4

Shai Hulud said:
Never like the Marvel comic Thor Character.The true God,Thor was supposed to be a red head bearded Viking God,who enjoy war, blood and women...He had no mercy on the battle field and didnt care about the life of his ennemies...

Sounds Like Conan.

Shai Hulud said:

He was also impotent if I remember and made up for that with his super-machismo 'tude. ALSO, Loki totally scored on Thors wife. Thor the god was sad really. Not nearly as cool as Odin.

I'm getting both covers. :D Nothing like having my display comic ready before they announce the PF.

Of course, it might look a bit off with the classic look that the PF is sure to have.

Anyway, with Straczynski writing it, it's going to be tough to go wrong. I'm really excited. I'll read this this afternoon, then go and see Transformers again. :rock

Bergholtz sculpted the best version of Thor Ive seen so far IMO.

thor_big3.jpg

The new look is growing on me, its a bit more "warrior" but I agree the standard Marvel Thor is the most recognizable look.....

This is kind of a lackluster return of Thor...

I got the comic and read it (SPOILERS BELOW)

So Thor was in some sort of "limbo-sleep"?Huh?Maybe cause I didn't read the Ragnarok storyline...I'm not following it...a nice recap of that would've helped as well.

I have to say that the Thor clone showing up in Civil War was more exciting than this.I will give it a few issues to see how it goes and like others I am waiting for the following two battles:

THOR VS. ARES...

and of course

THOR VS. SENTRY.

Back