Thor (The Movie) *Spoiler- contains character images*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He has a point. I had assumed that was how they were going to end it. Perhaps his return to Midgard will happen off-screen in Avengers - but it would have made sense to have him stranded on Earth. But without knowing the plan, it's rather presumptuous to assume that as a reviewer you know better than those who have outlined a 7 film arc.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I loved the movie but do agree about the lack of development of the love affair and how it changed Thor.

The humour was some of the best i've ever seen in a comic film - was in fits!

Movie was great! Great summer movie. Lots of fun, great acting, great humor, great effects and action, and great set design. Asgard looked amazing! Surprising that Kenneth Branagh did this considering he is known Shakespeare and having deeper films, but I hope that this gets him more directing gigs in the future. I've always loved his stuff.

Story was entertaining, but not at all deep like Dark Knight... but I am ok with that.

That dude from Bad Ass went from saying in his original review that the only 2 things that kept this movie from being entirely terrible were Chris's and Tom's acting as Thor and Loki, and just barely, to now saying that changing the ending would've saved this movie.

So just by changing the ending the entire movie is no longer terrible, it's now a good movie!?!

Ummmm
Ummmm

:slap

Last edited:
I loved the movie but do agree about the lack of development of the love affair and how it changed Thor.

The humour was some of the best i've ever seen in a comic film - was in fits!

Spoiler Spoiler:

:r2d2lineyes,it was definately the fact of all those issues that changed Thor...not just the love interest part with Jane Foster.
His love for his father,and the deceitfulness of Loki bringing IT too Earth made Thor realise that he could change things for the better.

Best scene IMO...and there were a tonne...was the end scene battle on the rainbow bridge with Thor and Loki...i will not go into detail due to spoilers...but it is when Loki makes that decision to literally and emotionally let go of Thor!!
Bad ass scene...fantastically played out.
Loki had me pulling at my heart...awesome.awesome scene!!

:r2d2line:r2d2line:rip

He has a point. I had assumed that was how they were going to end it. Perhaps his return to Midgard will happen off-screen in Avengers - but it would have made sense to have him stranded on Earth. But without knowing the plan, it's rather presumptuous to assume that as a reviewer you know better than those who have outlined a 7 film arc.

This is how I explained it to my friend when we were talking about it after we left the movie. I personally agree with the reviewer that it would've made a lot of sense to leave him stranded on Earth with Jane, and making it take less time for SHIELD to recruit him in the Avengers. But like Dave said, it's hard to critique these points when we don't know exactly what they have in plan for us throughout the course of the next few years with the other Marvel films.

~~Also, the more and more I think about this movie in my head---the more badass Loki is in the movie.

Saw it last night,
absolutely loved it!! Great story, acting and effects!!
Overall very impressed!
When I first saw pics of Asgard, I wasn't so sure about the movie... but it looked great!
I felt like a kid watching "The Marvel Super Heros"

I think I could've crapped a better write up than that. :lol

Hell yeah!! :hi5:

As far as the love story sometimes people people just fall in love. The whole love at first sight so I can roll with that. One thing I think helped was he looked like her ex dr blake (which is one of thors alias on earth in the comics), seeing him broken, and then being willing to give up his life for all of them. That works well enough for me.

Now, as far as Thors quick turnaround. Think about this he gets banished, loses his power, loses his dad, mom days she doesn't want you, can't see your friends, etc. In life when you've hit rock bottom you can make changes that seem dramatic to you as a person. I can't think Thor would be any different.

Now, as far as Thors quick turnaround. Think about this he gets banished, loses his power, loses his dad, mom days she doesn't want you, can't see your friends, etc. In life when you've hit rock bottom you can make changes that seem dramatic to you as a person. I can't think Thor would be any different.

...and your fav toy is stuck in the mud.

I think they ran outta time, they had a short history lesson, cycled between 2 realms, had numerous action scenes and had to stuff in all the cameos, just too packed. Gotta cut out something like a whole action scene or make the movie longer if they want to give more time to that.

I saw this the day it was released over here, and I absolutely loved it. The only disappointment for me was that it was under 2 hours. The film itself didn't feel rushed to me, but I wanted to see more Thor!

As others have said, Asgard looked amazing, as did the special effects through-out. And I really liked the non-cliche ending. I won't say it so I don't spoil it for others, but it was a real nice breath of fresh air to have it not turn out how most people would expect it to.

Also I don't know why, but the costume design really appealed to me for this film. I'm definitely going to pick up the "Art of Thor" book soon. When I originally saw the first official picture that was released by Marvel, I just went "That looks sick!" and was somewhat hyped up for this film since. I gotta say, it didn't disappoint.

I wasn't really looking forward to the Avengers as much as Thor itself, so bring on the sequel!

I do think some of the Destroyer long shots of him moving looked a little jerky as did his Thor back hand.

Overall he looked awesome though, especially when he disintegrated the ice dudes and shield.

His laser beam sound was bad ass!

I laughed when he was bent over after Sif rammed a staff thru his neck :lol

I could've swore I saw him in the background :lol

picture.php

Last edited:
Back