Thor (The Movie) *Spoiler- contains character images*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pretty much expect it to be just like how it is whenever an Iron Man movie is about to come out. They'll show a rough trailer just to attendees, someone will upload the bootleg to youtube, teaser in the winter, superbowl trailer, yada, yada, yada....

New Thor photo

thorx-large.jpg

USA Today

Last edited:
I pretty much expect it to be just like how it is whenever an Iron Man movie is about to come out. They'll show a rough trailer just to attendees, someone will upload the bootleg to youtube, teaser in the winter, superbowl trailer, yada, yada, yada....

I'd honestly expect just a little more. They've been shooting this since at least Janurary. And last year Iron Man just finished shooting a week prior to SDCC. So they really had to scramble to show anything. So we should expect a little more out of Thor, especially since it has been so hush-hush.

I wouldn't expect any footage from Captain America though. Maybe a photo of the real suit, maybe a look at the Red Skull, but I wouldn't expect much footage, if at all.

I'd honestly expect just a little more. They've been shooting this since at least Janurary. And last year Iron Man just finished shooting a week prior to SDCC. So they really had to scramble to show anything. So we should expect a little more out of Thor, especially since it has been so hush-hush.

I wouldn't expect any footage from Captain America though. Maybe a photo of the real suit, maybe a look at the Red Skull, but I wouldn't expect much footage, if at all.

I like your explanation better, less cynical...more fun :lol

I mainly want to hear the dialogue in this. I'm interested if the "Aye Varily!" kind of jargon is even thrown in as a joke.

I thought this opinion was right on the money:

This is very interesting. This pic confirms what I have believed since I read Branagh's early ideas on how he wanted to make the movie: This film is going to be the highest budget "RSC-esque" (Royal Shakespeare Company) FILMED PLAY of all time. I have the rare distinction of being as much of a Shakespeare Geek as I am a Comic Book Geek so I can tell you all, the whole thing Screams Theatre (yeah the kind that ends in "re"). The Black clothing underneath (ie the DRAMA uniform), the fake-ish looking costumes (looks real enough and that's all you need in a play), and the set behind them (notice how it narrows towards the back; I've seen that same design in many plays) are all prime examples of what you'll see in a high budget Shakespeare play. I therefore predict one of three outcomes:
1. This movie will disappoint all of you and half of me (the CB geek in me) because it will seem lackluster in its visuals, but otherwise make the theatrically/dramatically inclined experience a sort of catharsis that might get it recognized for awards.
2. This movie will disappoint the CB geeks AND the Dramatist because it will try to do both and fail utterly.
3. This movie will come near (MAYBE surpass... big maybe) the genius of the Dark Knight as it will please both the ever golden OSCAR and the ever loyal "true believers" .
It may seem like I practically named all possibilities but these are all very specific in my mind. It will not be just ok. It will either crash and burn, just crash, or roll on by on its way to the BAFTAs. so yeah that's it. ;-)

<object id='vid_3267100' width='480' height='270' data='https://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'><param name='movie' value='https://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' /><param name='allowfullscreen' value='true' /><param name='allowscriptaccess' value='always' /><param name='bgcolor' value='#000000' /><param name='flashvars' value='vgroup=thor_trl_cc_072110&object=900980'/></object><div style='width:480;'><a href='https://xbox360.ign.com/objects/900/900980.html'>Thor: The Video Game at IGN.com</a></div>

Back