THOR: The Dark World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can understand that. I feel for the dude.

But my love for James Gunn outweighs my care factor, so I really want to see this movie so I can see a minute of Gunness. :D

A Scientific review.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Just saw it and absolutely loved the movie. Overall great entertainment, and for me equal with the first Thor film which is my favourite Marvel film behind The Avengers and Iron Man.

I also loved Loki in this. I enjoyed Tom Hiddleston's portrayal in Thor and The Avengers, but I'd say this was his best performance... or the one I enjoyed the most.

Spoiler Spoiler:

saw the movie on thursday night. and i really hate to say this, but... i did NOT like the movie. in fact, i must admit with a heavy heart that i dislike this sequel a lot. a shame, since the first one was such a strong favourite of mine.

the tone of the film is all over the place, the pacing is weird, it's filled with needless, clumsy subplots, and worst of all, the characters are very inconsistent. the most shocking being Thor himself, who at some points does not even resemble the charming, exuberant personality we've come to know and love over 2 films.

is there anything good about it? Not a whole lot, but yes. tom hiddleston is still the best thing about the franchise as Loki, bringing much-needed heart and magnetism to the film. some of the action is cool, the humour works in places, and the visual effects are top notch. but by & large this is a disappointment. i blame the script and director alan taylor. sigh.

u fanboys may slag me off for this negative review but i don't really care. this is honestly how i felt.

saw the movie on thursday night. and i really hate to say this, but... i did NOT like the movie. in fact, i must admit with a heavy heart that i dislike this sequel a lot. a shame, since the first one was such a strong favourite of mine.

the tone of the film is all over the place, the pacing is weird, it's filled with needless, clumsy subplots, and worst of all, the characters are very inconsistent. the most shocking being Thor himself, who at some points does not even resemble the charming, exuberant personality we've come to know and love over 2 films.

is there anything good about it? Not a whole lot, but yes. tom hiddleston is still the best thing about the franchise as Loki, bringing much-needed heart and magnetism to the film. some of the action is cool, the humour works in places, and the visual effects are top notch. but by & large this is a disappointment...

Kind of same feelings I had after the movie. Though, I wouldn't call the first one being one of my strong favourite. But it was much better than this one.

This just was boring, mostly thanks to those uber-boring dark elves. Those were just freaking lame in all possible ways. I thought that there could be something interesting about them, but not a chance.

5/10

Last edited:
Yeahp! Dark Elves were very flat characters.
The Kurse had potential, but the one Kurse we see did nothing but be a tool.. :lol

Good thing I never considered them important to the whole movie. For me the movie was still about Thor and Loki.

Perhaps looking at it as such made me enjoy it. :)

I can see you don't read MCU news that much. :wave

yes, as a matter of fact i do follow mcu news, and i know the clashes taylor had with marvel studios. still doesn't change the point i was making. taylor's direction lacked conviction, as if he was unsure and worse, embarrassed about the comic book material. u just CANNOT do that. u have to embrace it the way kenneth branagh did, while giving it the necessary gravitas and empathy for the characters. the script started a lot of the problems with the story and characters, and taylor's direction made it worse. i really wanted to like this. but sadly it was just not how it played for me.

Just got back from seeing and I really enjoyed it. Tbh out of all the movies with Thor and Loki in it, I enjoyed their performance in this one the most.

One of my fav. scenes was where
Spoiler Spoiler:

BTW I'm not familiar with the comics so can someone enlighten me on the importance of
Spoiler Spoiler:
?

yes, as a matter of fact i do follow mcu news, and i know the clashes taylor had with marvel studios. still doesn't change the point i was making. taylor's direction lacked conviction, as if he was unsure and worse, embarrassed about the comic book material. u just CANNOT do that. u have to embrace it the way kenneth branagh did, while giving it the necessary gravitas and empathy for the characters. the script started a lot of the problems with the story and characters, and taylor's direction made it worse. i really wanted to like this. but sadly it was just not how it played for me.

Point taken. :lecture

Just got back from seeing and I really enjoyed it. Tbh out of all the movies with Thor and Loki in it, I enjoyed their performance in this one the most.

Spoiler Spoiler:

BTW I'm not familiar with the comics so can someone enlighten me on the importance of
Spoiler Spoiler:
?

I had the same two questions leaving the cinema.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
?

Point taken. :lecture

I had the same two questions leaving the cinema.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Here's some relevant info from Thanos: Quest. (Prelude to Infinity Gauntlet)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back