Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say so. Mine took a day to convert. Granted that was a few months ago, but I still think you have a decent shot.

Just got myself on the waiting list. We shall see my friend.

I am so on the fence on this one. Got so much on PO now so if it does not convert it'd be fine too...I will track one down later.

I am so on the fence on this one. Got so much on PO now so if it does not convert it'd be fine too...I will track one down later.

From the earlier reviews where the only issue was the leaning, this looks to be THE definitive Thor statue. It's not old school comic like the older SS or XM versions nor is it a movie version. The few people who got their "Leaning Thor's" were completely blown away with everything besides the lean.

Man, I LOVE this piece. The video reviews just reaffirmed how good this PF looks from the pics we've seen. It's so dynamic and looks fantastic. The use of mixed media on this is nothing short of stunning (much better looking than the original Thor's costume IMO). I think this Thor and Lobo may just go down as the best use of mixed media on any SSC statue ever. I can't wait for SSC to fix the leaning issue and get this piece on my shelf. I've waited a long time for a 1/4 Thor that I like. This PF fills that bill perfectly for me. Now, I just need a classic Cap and a modern Hulk I like in 1/4 scale.

Man, I LOVE this piece. The video reviews just reaffirmed how good this PF looks from the pics we've seen. It's so dynamic and looks fantastic. The use of mixed media on this is nothing short of stunning (much better looking than the original Thor's costume IMO). I think this Thor and Lobo may just go down as the best use of mixed media on any SSC statue ever. I can't wait for SSC to fix the leaning issue and get this piece on my shelf. I've waited a long time for a 1/4 Thor that I like. This PF fills that bill perfectly for me. Now, I just need a classic Cap and a modern Hulk I like in 1/4 scale.

Couldn't agree more. I hope someone makes a pose able cloth cape though!

We all have different tastes but I really feel that the SS Classic Cap is overrated. If it's the Cap that you really think is the best because you've seen it IN PERSON, then go for it. I currently own 5 Cap 1/4 statues and Classic is my least favorite. I know I'm in the minority on this but my breakdown goes like this:

1.) TFA Cap
2.) Bucky Cap
3.) XM Cap
4.) AAOHydra Cap
5.) Classic Cap

Buy what you like but please don't get sucked into the CC hype unless you've actually seen it in person.

We all have different tastes but I really feel that the SS Classic Cap is overrated. If it's the Cap that you really think is the best because you've seen it IN PERSON, then go for it. I currently own 5 Cap 1/4 statues and Classic is my least favorite. I know I'm in the minority on this but my breakdown goes like this:

1.) TFA Cap
2.) Bucky Cap
3.) XM Cap
4.) AAOHydra Cap
5.) Classic Cap

Buy what you like but please don't get sucked into the CC hype unless you've actually seen it in person.

Bucky Cap EX is lovely. Picked one up last year for $215. One of the best deals I've made. I'll admit, looks pretty terrible in pictures but one of my favorites in person!

I really really like my XM cap holding the flag. I also agree that Bucky is a really awesome piece

Bucky was cool, I sold mine only because I got Allied Charge cap which is far better in my opinion, and I'd rather have a winter soldier bucky

I'm in the same boat as you. Got on the WL last week, but I'm hoping this takes a while to convert (if it converts at all). Wasn't all that excited with this one until I saw the actual size of it compared to someone standing next to it. Don't think I'll be able to afford aftermarket prices on this one, so it's now or never for me

I'll be surprised if waitlists don't convert.

This will be a piece that people underrate, but once in hand, prices will just start to rise.

1.) TFA Cap
2.) Bucky Cap
3.) XM Cap
4.) AAOHydra Cap
5.) Classic Cap

I mentioned that I'm waiting on a 1/4 classic Cap and Hulk that I like because I haven't seen one yet that I want to add to my collection. I passed on the original Cap and Hulk PFs at retail because I didn't care for them. The OG Hulk looked too lumbering and ape like for my tastes. I dislike the portraits on the new Hulk PFs so I passed on it as well. When it comes to Cap, I did like the original PF. However, the cloth costume really bothered me. Especially the way his pants look. It looks like he's wearing spanks. Other than that, I have no issues with the OG Cap PF. I think he looks fantastic and I have seen him in person. Never cared for the Bucky Cap PF and the Allied charge Cap look great but I only want a Cap PF in his classic costume. XM's Cap looks good but I don't care for his portrait (among a few other things). Any movie based statue is basically an immediate pass because my collection is comic based.

So, I basically have 2 options when it comes to Cap. Wait and hope a 1/4 classic Cap I really like gets released or...pick up the OG Cap and customize it to my liking. This would require buying the OG Cap PF and having someone tear ALL the cloth off it (making it a fully sculpted piece) and re-sculpting his shorts area to my liking and then repainting the entire figure. That would be a very expensive undertaking. My only issue with the OG Cap PF is the cloth costume. I really love everything else about the piece.

It wasn't a leaning issue though thats what people are calling it. The base was uneven and if he was pushed in the wrong direction he would easily topple over. Thats why Sideshow recalled him.

Oh ok. Hope they fix them. Really tempted to get one since I love the Modern Costume.

Back