Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think what happens is that sideshow has a problem with their internet inventory system not updating fast enough we dont know what goes behind the scenes when it comes to ordering with something that's limited to a specific number. one person could be on one side of the world and the other on the other side world the websites ordering system says they only have one left and both people click at the same time its like when you are bidding on ebay sometimes weird things happen at the last minute so i think sideshow allocates for example let say the edition size is 1000 they will put 600 available according to their website inventory once those are sold they waitlist that way they go on a case by case basis for the last remainder of them and we dont have two orders for the last statue go in and then an unlucky collector gets an email saying its out of stock even though he placed an order while it was in stock. Also i think during a month people cancel change orders or credit cards get declined, and at some time they do a real physical inventory and they start converting the waitlists thats why we get some conversions for multiple statues at the same time and if they had 1000 statues and sold 600 of course if you jump on the waitlist right away it will convert because they still have statues available. I think issues like these will arise with any kind of product that had a edition size when its sold online and sideshow would rather under promise and over deliver on customer's expectations :) sorry for the long explanation thats just my two cents

Only thing I find Odd .... just talked to a co worker and fellow collector. Two of which Had there Thor EX waitlists convert withing 24 hours of going on the waitlist..... today.

Only thing I find Odd .... just talked to a co worker and fellow collector. Two of which Had there Thor EX waitlists convert withing 24 hours of going on the waitlist..... today.

very odd.. indeed. now only if they would open up WL for Cap :X

Yes. What I said before had less to do with edition sizes and more to do with tha fact that regular Thor pf's are cited as waitlisted with an edition size of 2000. This matters because SS is saying that 2000 regulars are completely sold out on their site even though other retailers such as alter ego and BBTS still have these pieces in dtock and those seem to be going nowhere and they have a limited number themselves. Even more perturbing is I jump on waitlist for Thor pf and it converts the next day, meaning (read carefully guys....) WAS IT EVEN REALLY SOLD OUT IN THE FIRST PLACE??? this is important because they have several statues whose EX is also waitlisted and Im wondering if they are truly sold out, or just cited as waitlist because SS wants to increase their sales. Think about it. If the Thor reg PF is not really sold out, but buyers THINK it is, wouldnt more people jump on a waitlist to procure one, thus increasing sales? and if SS at a later dates puts it back up on the site as available (as they have with several pieces in the past) wouldnt more people then jump on it thinking it had been sold out before? I've never jumped on a waitlist only to have it free up the very next day, that is fishy as a Mermaid's poon. SO all those clamoring about how edition sizes don't matter to them, it was never about that, more so about the backdoor dealings of a company. Thos PF, WS Cap, and Daredevil ALL cited as waitlist, but other stores and sellers still have them in droves...meanwhile, proven pieces like cap, sonja, hellboy have similar edition sizes and have not sold out yet? that is my point, that SS is claiming these statues are sold out when they are NOT sold out at all.

Yes. What I said before had less to do with edition sizes and more to do with tha fact that regular Thor pf's are cited as waitlisted with an edition size of 2000. This matters because SS is saying that 2000 regulars are completely sold out on their site even though other retailers such as alter ego and BBTS still have these pieces in dtock and those seem to be going nowhere and they have a limited number themselves. Even more perturbing is I jump on waitlist for Thor pf and it converts the next day, meaning (read carefully guys....) WAS IT EVEN REALLY SOLD OUT IN THE FIRST PLACE??? this is important because they have several statues whose EX is also waitlisted and Im wondering if they are truly sold out, or just cited as waitlist because SS wants to increase their sales. Think about it. If the Thor reg PF is not really sold out, but buyers THINK it is, wouldnt more people jump on a waitlist to procure one, thus increasing sales? and if SS at a later dates puts it back up on the site as available (as they have with several pieces in the past) wouldnt more people then jump on it thinking it had been sold out before? I've never jumped on a waitlist only to have it free up the very next day, that is fishy as a Mermaid's poon. SO all those clamoring about how edition sizes don't matter to them, it was never about that, more so about the backdoor dealings of a company. Thos PF, WS Cap, and Daredevil ALL cited as waitlist, but other stores and sellers still have them in droves...meanwhile, proven pieces like cap, sonja, hellboy have similar edition sizes and have not sold out yet? that is my point, that SS is claiming these statues are sold out when they are NOT sold out at all.
Okay, and?

I think what he said is pretty clear in pointing out Sideshow's unethical way of manipulating customers to buy "wait listed" items. Most people who buy these things aren't about self control, so they play into it. Actually they play most of their customers like a fiddle, so much so that they even defend said practices or say everyone does it. They don't, and if they did, it still doesn't make it right.

I think what he said is pretty clear in pointing out Sideshow's unethical way of manipulating customers to buy "wait listed" items. Most people who buy these things aren't about self control, so they play into it. Actually they play most of their customers like a fiddle, so much so that they even defend said practices or say everyone does it. They don't, and if they did, it still doesn't make it right.
I'm waiting for the part where any of this is a concern to collectors who regularly order the products because they simply like them. Let me know when it effects that.

I'm waiting for the part where any of this is a concern to collectors who regularly order the products because they simply like them. Let me know when it effects that.
Actually my point is I'm more concerned about the the majority of people who order their products, not the minority of people, from here, who order them. If you're here enough, you know the deal. It's those who never come here, who don't, and fall for it. So yea, pointing this stuff out to fans of sideshow, here, is completely pointless. You don't care how they operate because if you like something, everything else is irrelevant. That is what you're saying. Anyway, I don't like banging my head on the wall, so have at it. I'm out.

It's affecting you already because you bragged about jumping on exclusive Thor before he sold out (like many) and he may not even BE sold out. So they already instilled in you a "whew, glad I got it before it sold out" feeling. Now if you just buy every EX no matter what then I guess this doesnt pertain to you, maybe that is why none of this is sinking in for you personally. But if you imagine SS as a fruit vendor who has a ton of apples, yet displays a sign saying apples sold out, and you want apples and he says "Oh, I found this LAST one" and then instead of paying regular price for it or having the option to pay in installments for the apple (like a flex) you have no choice but to pay the entire amount for this apple that he claims to have no more of...only to leave while he secretly grabs another apple from his surplus pile and cites it to be the last...

most people will have a problem with that, and I'm not alone in that fact. That is called consumer manipulation. It is proven by the fact that they did not give any low quantity alerts, no slowly increasing flex (which usually happens when a piece is selling wildly) and to top it off, when you jump on waitlist, TA-DA!!! the very next day a Thor PF that was previously "sold out" suddenly frees up for you and converts as a one-time payment, with no option of flex anymore meaning you are tied into paying one lump sum. It makes you question just what is actually and truly sold out and what is cited as sold out when in fact SS has many. The other stores dont seem to be experiencing the heavy demand for Thor, WS Cap, and Daredevil PF's that SS has....

FREE YOUR MIND.

Actually my point is I'm more concerned about the the majority of people who order their products, not the minority of people, from here, who order them. If you're here enough, you know the deal. It's those who never come here, who don't, and fall for it. So yea, pointing this stuff out to fans of sideshow, here, is completely pointless. You don't care how they operate because if you like something, everything else is irrelevant. That is what you're saying. Anyway, I don't like banging my head on the wall, so have at it. I'm out.
Well my point is that anyone who orders directly from sideshow on a consistant basis orders when the PO comes up or they wait for the in hand pics and get reg from a LCS, usually at a discount. So who does this tactic effect. Flippers who waitlist sellouts to make money and people who only buy sellout statues for the "novelty" of it. Either way, yeah, doesn't effect the majority.

It's affecting you already because you bragged about jumping on exclusive Thor before he sold out (like many) and he may not even BE sold out. So they already instilled in you a "whew, glad I got it before it sold out" feeling. Now if you just buy every EX no matter what then I guess this doesnt pertain to you, maybe that is why none of this is sinking in for you personally. But if you imagine SS as a fruit vendor who has a ton of apples, yet displays a sign saying apples sold out, and you want apples and he says "Oh, I found this LAST one" and then instead of paying regular price for it or having the option to pay in installments for the apple (like a flex) you have no choice but to pay the entire amount for this apple that he claims to have no more of...only to leave while he secretly grabs another apple from his surplus pile and cites it to be the last...

most people will have a problem with that, and I'm not alone in that fact. That is called consumer manipulation. It is proven by the fact that they did not give any low quantity alerts, no slowly increasing flex (which usually happens when a piece is selling wildly) and to top it off, when you jump on waitlist, TA-DA!!! the very next day a Thor PF that was previously "sold out" suddenly frees up for you and converts as a one-time payment, with no option of flex anymore meaning you are tied into paying one lump sum. It makes you question just what is actually and truly sold out and what is cited as sold out when in fact SS has many. The other stores dont seem to be experiencing the heavy demand for Thor, WS Cap, and Daredevil PF's that SS has....

FREE YOUR MIND.
I'm not bragging , I buy them at pre-order consistantly. Waitlists do not effect my purchasing pattern. Try again.

Lol for real. I'm so lost. I thought people were upset about the Waitlist disappearing. Now sideshow is scheming people into ordering waitlisted items. This way that way. Up is down. Left is right. One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. Nick knack patty wack give the dog a bone...

See a long pre order list. Really want them to hear you? Cancel them all. Lol. If not, this is just a smoke and mirrors game.

I order what I want. Despite the ES, waitlist, and allegations against sideshows ethics and all... Calling us fools or stupid because we choose not to assume the worst of companies seems pretty.... I dunno , stupid.

I'm not bragging , I buy them at pre-order consistantly. Waitlists do not effect my purchasing pattern. Try again.

Welcome to the flock. man, you're being really DAFT. Did you even read anything I said after the first line? I'm really glad that for YOU, waitlists don't affect you, but for most who one day saw Thors available then all of a sudden 2000 units flew like magic, it matters. It matters for those who dont jump on whatever immediately. It matters when the waitlisted item converts so fast, it is evident that they have many units when they said they had none. so why have it waitlisted at all when it's a lie. I KNOW! to boost sales.

Lol for real. I'm so lost. I thought people were upset about the Waitlist disappearing. Now sideshow is scheming people into ordering waitlisted items. This way that way. Up is down. Left is right. One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. Nick knack patty wack give the dog a bone...

See a long pre order list. Really want them to hear you? Cancel them all. Lol. If not, this is just a smoke and mirrors game.

I order what I want. Despite the ES, waitlist, and allegations against sideshows ethics and all... Calling us fools or stupid because we choose not to assume the worst of companies seems pretty.... I dunno , stupid.

ONLY A SITH DEALS IN ABSOLUTES. I still want the statues I want, does this mean I also cannot be outraged in consumer manipulation tactics and want clear answers? :slap

ONLY A SITH DEALS IN ABSOLUTES. I still want the statues I want, does this mean I also cannot be outraged in consumer manipulation tactics and want clear answers? :slap

No, you have the right. But when your list down there is 10 items long, it's obvious that you are just blowing off steam. Haha. But you are absolutely right, you can have your own interpretations of what you think sideshow is doing... But we will never really know. So for those of you saying we are blind to the world and fools for not assuming the worst is lame.

Welcome to the flock. man, you're being really DAFT. Did you even read anything I said after the first line? I'm really glad that for YOU, waitlists don't affect you, but for most who one day saw Thors available then all of a sudden 2000 units flew like magic, it matters. It matters for those who dont jump on whatever immediately. It matters when the waitlisted item converts so fast, it is evident that they have many units when they said they had none. so why have it waitlisted at all when it's a lie. I KNOW! to boost sales.

Okay evidently you aren't reading either. The Waitlists are available on the Archived portion of the site. You can find them, it isn't hard. Secondly, if the waitlists are truly as difficult to find as you say they are then doesn't that detriment sales? doesn't that make it more difficult for people to find and waitlist the items there by making your notion of them trying to ramp up sales moot?

Also, If you didn't have the money to pay the NRD, weren't sure if you could purchase the item, where waiting for mystical fairies to tell you to order the statue and it went to waitlist and your waitlist converted, isn't that a win? You were going to buy it anyway, you got one, isn't that what you wanted? So you don't get the flex option, you can A. Call Sideshow and ask if it can be flexed or B. Save the money you would have flexed and pay for the statue in full when it gets there.

My point is you are blowing something completely out of proportion. ITS A ****ING STATUE. Buy it, don't buy it, no one cares. You writing articles on how an online retailer should or should not conduct their online inventory system does nothing except drag these boards into your issues. You want to complain about it? try contacting the effing retailer.

I love the feeling of getting a new statue. You know whats feels better? When I can complete my collection and leave my PF collecting days behind me.:blissy

Back