Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me personally, the bearded look without the helmet is the best! I definitely want that. Still excited to see what else you come up with? What other customs did you do already? Didn't you do the custom hands for Batman as well?

Nope those were Spazzy. I am just gettin into the custome game. I have number of custome headsculpts; unmasked Batgirl, Jim Lee Superman as Batman, Classic Cap for the Allies charge, this Thor, and SEVERAL heads for te new Hulk PF

Just to let you guys know, I heard back from Sideshow Customer service today. They offered me an Exchange of my Thor, a credit or a full refund. I took the credit as like I said the tipping I can fix and what they offered was way more than what I expected. I applied to another order. I really do appreciate their Customer service. So I'm off to the store to buy some felt pads to fix my Thor.

Just to let you guys know, I heard back from Sideshow Customer service today. They offered me an Exchange of my Thor, a credit or a full refund. I took the credit as like I said the tipping I can fix and what they offered was way more than what I expected. I applied to another order. I really do appreciate their Customer service. So I'm off to the store to buy some felt pads to fix my Thor.

Glad to hear bud. Sideshow CSR's are incredible in my opinion.

How much credit? :monkey3

i actually have this guy on order i did a waitlist for the EX and I got one. I thought the left hand was a little weird at first too but i like it now.

I just don't understand why they can't place the pads on correctly at the factory. That's all this issue is. There's no need for more pads. It's just a matter of where they put them on the base at the factory. When the 4 pads are placed properly on the base, there's no leaning issues. The early wave of Batman PFs had the same problem. However, later batches didn't because they put the 4 pads where they needed to be.

I think Superman also needed pads to balance it too

I think Superman also needed pads to balance it too

The pads on Supes were good. He has no leaning issues because of misplaced pads. I've had mine on display since he was released and he looks great. Some peeps had an issue with the pads getting flattened over time. This would cause the statue to lean. However, this is pretty rare. Most of us have no problems with Supes. Batman and Thor just flat out have the pads positioned in the wrong place. That's why it's a pretty easy fix. Just put a pad on the side that's leaning and the problem is solved. Of course, there wouldn't even be an issue if the factory workers placed the pads where they needed to be in the first place.

Guys, i've been in collaboration with a fellow friend and sculptor and hope to be making some custom changes to the actual statue including new left hand and a possible new cape to help counter balance the weight...so standby for updates :)

Here's a little teaser of what you can expect :)

f942255f1c28735f4c0c2f994a8bac94.jpg

1ad8faeb7a7b04b2c058452be6500d35.jpg

Love the spinning hammer but the sword and hammer displayed at once would be massive overkill imo. So is it the pads at fault or not? I'm really thinking of getting one. If you have to get a new cape then **** that. :lol

Love the spinning hammer but the sword and hammer displayed at once would be massive overkill imo. So is it the pads at fault or not? I'm really thinking of getting one. If you have to get a new cape then **** that. :lol

The sword and hammer won't be used at the same time mate :) just added them both to show all the options that can be made available. If the sword is used in the left hand then a custom right hand would be added (most likely with clenched fist) :)

The sword and hammer won't be used at the same time mate :) just added them both to show all the options that can be made available. If the sword is used in the left hand then a custom right hand would be added (most likely with clenched fist) :)

Now that will look a lot better. Still want an answer on the pads though.

Yeah, from Vic's review it looks like it could just be the placement of the pads underneath the base causing the tipping. My Batman PF was prone to tipping when I first got it. I used extra pads which fixed the issue for me.

Modern Thor premium Format Complete Review - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really enjoy this guy's reviews. Straight forward, to the point, but really connects to me as collector. Sounds weird, I know, but he makes a darn good review. :rock

Is this guy a member here? Needs to be. :lecture

Yeah, that's not good..... :thud:

Statue looks amazing, otherwise. I hope there's going to be a fix on that or we'll have to stick something on that left side to keep it from toppling over the slightest touch.

Yeah, that's not good..... :thud:

Statue looks amazing, otherwise. I hope there's going to be a fix on that or we'll have to stick something on that left side to keep it from toppling over the slightest touch.

I loved everything about the statue, but that lean is scary.

So people are just going to buy a felt pad and should be quick fix?

Statue looks amazing.....prob will pick him up.
But how was the leaning missed when engineering the statue.....absolutely ridiculous.

I live in earthquake country and my Batman PF still toppled over with my added pads.

Back