Premium Format Thor Breaker of Brimstone Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thoroughly impressed with XM Ghost Rider, all around. If they were able to sell state side they'd be on par (price wise) with SSC. XM is also a smaller organization, give it time and they'll get the same complaints and hate mail eventually.

No they don't have to step up. So long as XM merch is hard to hunt down and shipping costs remain ridiculous, ....

If you have to buy direct then yes that's true but otherwise it is not hard to find XM statues with reasonable shipping, not to mention below retail pricing on many items, using ebay or FB. There are of course exceptions like the XM Magneto, but at least for their Marvel line there are many "bargains" (relative to retail) to be had second-hand.

This is finally available for preorder from Popcultcha (Australia). And remember you've only got 6 weeks (it's more than the usual 3 weeks for some reason) for the 10% early preorder discount.

I would never shortchange Sideshow, I love and own a number of their pieces. Along with the Thor statue from the awesome Daniel Bell, I love the Wolverine Premium Format which I own, and the forthcoming X-23 and She-Hulk look cool too. But for ME, XM and Prime 1 are killing it at the moment with some beautiful and intricate statues that have blown me away. I especially like the prime 1 Hush range, especially Poison Ivy, and the Dark Knight Returns range. I am also looking forward to the XM David Finch sanity piece, which again for ME is spectacular. I personally am more excited for their releases over the current Sideshow releases.

That sir is my preference, all I was saying is I believe that Sideshow now has some serious competition coming through, and that is a good thing, because a competitive market will only create more awesome stuff for all of us.

Preference should be able to be discussed in a healthy way, I never short changed Sideshow or labelled them as inferior, I certainly think a number of Sideshow pieces are superior to others too. What I guess I am saying is people will always have an opinion, whether it be style, size, art direction......or an opinion on the success of current companies and potential market leaders. My opinion is Sideshow need to listen to the fans more like XM, Iron Studios and Prime 1 do, or they wont stay on top like they have for a number of years. I would suggest this is a goal for most companies. An example of not listening would be the forthcoming SS Legendary scale Spider-Man which initially myself and a huge number of other people screamed to be changed in a number of ways, It was ignored by Sideshow because they dont make themselves as accessible as XM or Prime 1. An example of Prime 1 listening to the fans was changing the neck of the HUSH Superman.

The use of the words my and Opinion are greatly used on the forum, and I just stated my opinion again. May all companies be successful and continue to bring joy to everyone.

I would never shortchange Sideshow, I love and own a number of their pieces. Along with the Thor statue from the awesome Daniel Bell, I love the Wolverine Premium Format which I own, and the forthcoming X-23 and She-Hulk look cool too. But for ME, XM and Prime 1 are killing it at the moment with some beautiful and intricate statues that have blown me away. I especially like the prime 1 Hush range, especially Poison Ivy, and the Dark Knight Returns range. I am also looking forward to the XM David Finch sanity piece, which again for ME is spectacular. I personally am more excited for their releases over the current Sideshow releases.

That sir is my preference, all I was saying is I believe that Sideshow now has some serious competition coming through, and that is a good thing, because a competitive market will only create more awesome stuff for all of us.

Preference should be able to be discussed in a healthy way, I never short changed Sideshow or labelled them as inferior, I certainly think a number of Sideshow pieces are superior to others too. What I guess I am saying is people will always have an opinion, whether it be style, size, art direction......or an opinion on the success of current companies and potential market leaders. My opinion is Sideshow need to listen to the fans more like XM, Iron Studios and Prime 1 do, or they wont stay on top like they have for a number of years. I would suggest this is a goal for most companies. An example of not listening would be the forthcoming SS Legendary scale Spider-Man which initially myself and a huge number of other people screamed to be changed in a number of ways, It was ignored by Sideshow because they dont make themselves as accessible as XM or Prime 1. An example of Prime 1 listening to the fans was changing the neck of the HUSH Superman.

The use of the words my and Opinion are greatly used on the forum, and I just stated my opinion again. May all companies be successful and continue to bring joy to everyone.

Yet the LSF spidey is almost sold out. I think if you changed the design every time, you would lose the respect of the artists you are higher if to create these things...

Now, I respect your opinion. You are more than welcome to rank the companies. But to think the outburst on these forums decides anything.... is naive. These vocal forum members are maybe 10% MAX of the overall sales sideshow makes.

Let’s just state our opinions. Buy or not buy the statues. And go about our days. Thinking someone’s art should be changed just because you and other people don’t like it sounds dangerously entitled to me.

Well the companies that do make the changes are well respected for it by a large number of people. I get the part about an artist changing their design and I was thinking that must suck for the artist involved, however it's me and everyone else that is parting with their hard earned cash, If companies request feedback from consumers and put out teasers and ask for that feedback....I for one am going to answer if it gets me and everyone else the version they like the best. That's not entitled buddy, especially when these things are so expensive. It's like a hotdog....one with sauce and one without...its a choice buddy, that's one thing we are all ENTITLED too.

Well the companies that do make the changes are well respected for it by a large number of people. I get the part about an artist changing their design and I was thinking that must suck for the artist involved, however it's me and everyone else that is parting with their hard earned cash, If companies request feedback from consumers and put out teasers and ask for that feedback....I for one am going to answer if it gets me and everyone else the version they like the best. That's not entitled buddy, especially when these things are so expensive. It's like a hotdog....one with sauce and one without...its a choice buddy, that's one thing we are all ENTITLED too.

Then if you do not like it CHOOSE not to buy. And when you say “everyone” you mean you and at best what? ... 20 people on the forums that share the opinion. Lol.

20 people out of thousands that purchase PFs. Like I said before, you are entitled to an opinion about the piece. But thinking that you spending money on these means you and the other folks who dislike it deserve to have some kind of impact and creative control over the project.... doesn’t make much sense to me.

You want that kind of service... commission an artist to make your art.

Already saw this at SDCC2018 ....but still looking forward to more pics from NYCC2018.

I hope people will post pics ....

No.....I think I will keep making suggestions to companies with the other 20 people as it seems to be working, this way I get the statue I want along with the other 20 people you suggest. Myself and the 20 recently got an awfully large base reduced on a statue and the pose of a character altered so that you could see more of that character from more angles. Myself and the 20 must be really powerful I guess, as they are doing everything we want.

Myself and 20 also suggested an alternate head for that character that has now been approved and put into production!!!!!

When you say myself and the 20 dont have any creative control or input on the products we buy, you may find some of the awesome companies disagree with you about that, and it is a FACT that they have changed pieces based on this customer feedback!!!!!!!

Dont feel bad about being wrong. And certainly dont feel left out because it doesnt make sense to YOU!!, after all myself and the 20 are few compared to thousands of others you say are the same as you. With that kind of firepower and back up....you could cause some serious damage on the forums!!!!, plus that skill when you mimic me is one hell of a skill, I am so impressed!!!!

Thank you for also saying I am allowed my opinion, that is so nice of you to say, your obviously not one of these guys that starts a coversation by saying "You are entiled to your opinion".....and then tries to destroy that opnion, and then force your own opinion as the correct one. Only a complete ****** would do that.

I will continue to appreciate companies that allow interaction and welcome feedback, and will continue to be grateful that they take on board feedback, and at times make those changes. I will always support these awesome companies, interaction is part of whats fun about collecting. I would never buy a statue I am not happy with buddy, but If theres a chance that my feelings are shared, and changes can still be made, I will continue to voice my opinion.

One last thought.....one day you may own an alternate head or a feature that you love that was suggested by myself and the 20.

Take care legion.

No.....I think I will keep making suggestions to companies with the other 20 people as it seems to be working, this way I get the statue I want along with the other 20 people you suggest. Myself and the 20 recently got an awfully large base reduced on a statue and the pose of a character altered so that you could see more of that character from more angles. Myself and the 20 must be really powerful I guess, as they are doing everything we want.

Myself and 20 also suggested an alternate head that character that has now been approved and put into production!!!!!

When you say myself and the 20 dont have any creative control or input on the products we buy, you may find some of the awesome companies disagree with you about that, and it is a FACT that they have changed pieces based on this customer feedback!!!!!!!

Dont feel bad about being wrong. And certainly dont feel left out because it doesnt make sense to YOU!!, after all myself and the 20 are few compared to thousands of others you say are the same as you. With that kind of firepower and back up....you could cause some serious damage on the forums!!!!, plus that skill when you mimic me is one hell of a skill, I am so impressed!!!!

Thank you for also saying I am allowed my opinion, that is so nice of you to say, your obviously not one of these guys that starts a coversation by saying "You are entiled to your opinion".....and then tries to destroy that opnion, and then force your own opinion as the correct one. Only a complete ****** would do that.

I will continue to appreciate companies that allow interaction and welcome feedback, and will continue to be grateful that they take on board feedback, and at times make those changes. I will always support these awesome companies, interaction is part of whats fun about collecting. I would never buy a statue I am not happy with buddy, but If theres a chance that my feelings are shared, and changes can still be made, I will continue to voice my opinion.

One last thought.....one day you may own an alternate head or a feature that you love that was suggested by myself and the 20.

Take care legion.

Lol. We are blessed by your presence and keen eye for the arts. Praise be to shooterch, for his suggestions shall be the will of the gods!

I have said it an will say it again, you are free to have your opinion. But it stops being an opinion when you seem to think your opinion is always better than others. Many people state their opinion about things they do not like about certain statues, without seemingly demanding change and assuming your opinions match “everyone’s”. This conversation is becoming repetitive, like your many complaints. Let’s just leave the thread for people with open minds and common courtesy to discuss this piece.

Sorry to everyone else me playing my part in these useless comments. Feel free to clean up the thread and get it back on topic mods.

Lol. We are blessed by your presence and keen eye for the arts. Praise be to shooterch, for his suggestions shall be the will of the gods!

I have said it an will say it again, you are free to have your opinion. But it stops being an opinion when you seem to think your opinion is always better than others. Many people state their opinion about things they do not like about certain statues, without seemingly demanding change and assuming your opinions match “everyone’s”. This conversation is becoming repetitive, like your many complaints. Let’s just leave the thread for people with open minds and common courtesy to discuss this piece.

Sorry to everyone else me playing my part in these useless comments. Feel free to clean up the thread and get it back on topic mods.

Blind optimism is always a fun read in this hobby on this or any forum.

We were all new once...the only company that did things like that was Bowen

Back