This would have been the greatest marvel collectible ever!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds as if they did not cross all of their T's and Dot all of their i's.

I wish there was some company out there that could get the LOU FERRIGNO AS "THE HULK" rights and do it the right way.

Nick

Someone could, it's just a matter of pursuing multiple rights holders and the cost would be high. Syco just tried cutting corners and for some dumb reason thought they could get away with it.

I think the people at Syco have been reading this thread. The link is no longer available. The pictures can be found easily on google though. In fact here is a comparison picture with the prototype they copied/stole from

Lou.jpg

I'll tell you man, this company... no shame.

I think the people at Syco have been reading this thread. The link is no longer available. The pictures can be found easily on google though. In fact here is a comparison picture with the prototype they copied/stole from

Lou.jpg

I'll tell you man, this company... no shame.

Wouldn't you shut it down... It is probably something they want to relive.

I will say it though... I am glad they mothballed this one.... It looked like crud.

To the Syco rep who has been around.... Get it done guys... We want choice, but it has to be a great choice to compare to SSC.

I hate to play the opposing guy, but considering the source material two people could easily arrive at statues that similar by complete chance. I'm not saying they did or did not copy the former, but hunched over angry looked Hulk with one leg in front of the other is far from a trademark.

I've been scouting Syco's Facebook page and honestly they seem like a nice company. Their sculpts and paint jobs could be a little better, but they look to be improving with each release. Pretty much every single question, picture, or comment made on their wall they reply to and answer very quickly, giving specific information like saying if a statue is being touched up or what not. Regardless of the quality of the pieces or whatever controversy they have surrounding thing, I've got to respect a figure company that is quick and informative with responding the fans. It's pretty frustrating dealing with companies like Sideshow and Hot Toys sometimes, of whom seem so distant from the fans. We're just left sitting in these threads always speculating stuff, rarely getting answers.

I hate to play the opposing guy, but considering the source material two people could easily arrive at statues that similar by complete chance. I'm not saying they did or did not copy the former, but hunched over angry looked Hulk with one leg in front of the other is far from a trademark.

A valid argument, however, I'd counter that with this. If the product to be released is a statue of Lou Ferrigno as the Hulk, and your only authorization to do a Hulk statue is from Lou himself, would you not then want your sculpt to be as spot on to Lou's physique and appearance as possible? Both the personal sculpt and Syco's are nice and all, but aside from the portrait, there's really not much Lou at all about the sculpts, the proportions to the head are way off, the bulk of areas of his body are too large and look more like Comic Hulk than Lou. If their goal was to do a Lou statue, to have their sculpt bear so much resemblance to a personal sculpture that was off from looking like Lou is either a rip off of that sculpture or a really unfortunate conincidence.

Weren't syco trying to buy the sculpture off the the person over on sf. And then this one looked similar I think it's fair to say that they ripped it off.

I'm still waiting to see there Spiderman. I'm not got much confidence in this company but I won't rule them out entirely. Only because I'm desperate for a 1/4 Spiderman & there the only ones announcing there making one. Already I don't like the base though :(

I've been scouting Syco's Facebook page and honestly they seem like a nice company. Their sculpts and paint jobs could be a little better, but they look to be improving with each release. Pretty much every single question, picture, or comment made on their wall they reply to and answer very quickly, giving specific information like saying if a statue is being touched up or what not. Regardless of the quality of the pieces or whatever controversy they have surrounding thing, I've got to respect a figure company that is quick and informative with responding the fans. It's pretty frustrating dealing with companies like Sideshow and Hot Toys sometimes, of whom seem so distant from the fans. We're just left sitting in these threads always speculating stuff, rarely getting answers.

Sideshow reps used to frequent the boards and answer questions all the time. A small group of members ran them off with rude and condescending posts to put it nicely.....the same group of "members" who ran off the artists and sculptors who used to post here.

Sideshow reps used to frequent the boards and answer questions all the time. A small group of members ran them off with rude and condescending posts to put it nicely.....the same group of "members" who ran off the artists and sculptors who used to post here.

Are those folks STILL around. I only ask because I wonder if they have figured out they screwed up, and maybe grown up since.

Last edited:
Or maybe ban them? I don't know why some people have to be so rude & ignorant just because there hidden behind a computer. Yeah express your views but do it like a normal person & maybe them reps or artists would of listened to them.

Last edited:
Back