This has to be scam right?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the last time prices like these popped up on ebay from a China seller, their items lasted about 5 days, to which everyone who watched, bought, or in sone cases bid, were sent Emails NOT to pay the seller from ebay. So... I want to see what happens, bit I'm not willing to take the chance.

Looking at the user's items for sale, he/she has a collection of hot toys all around the $70 mark
It's got to be a scam. The seller is also claiming to be selling the War Machine Mk1 Diecast for $75 which isn't out anywhere until like the third quarter of 2016

I noticed that also. Good reasons to be leery.

However...

I'd say it's almost worth a roll of the dice to see what happens... with an account being open as long as they've been I'd guess there should have been some opporuntity for a least one negative by now :huh

This is also a good point. If it's a scam, one would think there would be more negative feedback. Especially if it's an account that's been open for awhile. Although I noticed that some of the feedback entries are duplicates and some even entered three times over. All of the user names giving feedback seem to have 5 digits also (not sure if eBay censores user names by automatically adding three asterisks between the first and last digit of the user name).

I don't know, seems very suspicious, but at the same time you never know? :dunno

If you have to ask if it is a scam, usually a good sign that it is.

image.jpg

Building feedback on ebay is easy -- sellers like this sell buttons and cheap junk for 6 month to a year, then suddenly come up with highly sought after expensive toys -- because people who buy these have money to burn -- it's so obviously a scam.

They sell tons of this crap in the hope some sucker won't be covered. Maybe they get $300-$500 when all is said and done, but that's big money to them, and they do this many times a month in all kinds of categories.

No one here will get anything, except maybe their money back over an exhaustive process as the seller could drag this out by claiming the item is sent, etc.

In the words of Lucius Vorenus "Walk away and do not speak of this again."

it is a scam. there were a few selling masterpiece trans formers like the new skywarp for less then retail. I know I bought one and so did a bunch of others only to find the seller is no longer a register user and every one`s money was refunded back to them through paypal.

So scammy. Scammy McScammersson of the Eastside McScammerssons, twice removed on their mother's side, but McScammerssons to the bone, nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a figure to see what happens. eBay and PayPal will refund my money if it's a scam. Got a note from eBay not pay for item if I hadn't, but if I did, I should receive the item with no problem. I checked the tracking number and it says that an item has been received in the postal system. What that item is I don't know. I'll keep you informed as this plays out.

Old Grandpa

I bought a figure to see what happens. eBay and PayPal will refund my money if it's a scam. Got a note from eBay not pay for item if I hadn't, but if I did, I should receive the item with no problem. I checked the tracking number and it says that an item has been received in the postal system. What that item is I don't know. I'll keep you informed as this plays out.

Old Grandpa

Enjoy your box of rocks. ;)

I hope it works out for you buddy! I was awfully tempted to get the Black Widow but didn't have the stones to go forward with it.

Back