Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am french, I live in France and I went at DLP the last week. This hamm bank is verry very little !
The toy story playlan,d is awesome, but I have never test any attraction beacause there are too many people ! 90min of waiting for RC racer !
So, this hamm is not really good. He is in plastic ant coast about 15€.

Thanks very much for the info, they got it right with the plastic, but it's a shame it's too small. I still refuse to get the recent Disney Store one because I'm waiting for a good plastic one, one that I can use without fear of breakage.

Shame about the rides though. RC Racer looks like good fun, but 90 mins is a bit much to queue for! I've only been in late autumn/winter, so I've managed to avoid the massive queues. Sounds like the park was pretty jam packed.

I was looking at photos of the awesome new Toy Story Playland at Disneyland Paris the other day, when I saw this in the Barrel of Monkeys shop:

picture.php

If you can't see from the crap editing, theres a shelf of Hamm banks in that photo. By the looks of things it's out of scale, but who knows, it could be something to look for the next time you travel all the way to DLP. Just wanted to show that a new Hamm exists.

Can you post a link to where you saw the photos of the new Toy Story Playland?

I actually used another site. It's in English and it has millions of high-quality images taken around the park and on the rides: https://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/
While you're looking you may want to also see Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast and the awesome Pizza Planet restaurant in Discoveryland (the restaurant is a huge childhood memory for me), and the Woody's Roundup meet-and-greet area in Fronteirland. (Toy Story Playland is in Walt Disney Studios and for some reason is classed under the Toon Studio on this site).

Pizza planet is really nice but too expensive !The pizza there doesn't really taste good . You don't have pizza planet, buzz Laser blast and woody's roundup at Disney World ?
Personnaly, I prefere your Star tours ^^ With the big AT-AT ^^ In DLP, there is just a X-wing...

I personally loved the Pizza Planet pizza. though I wish they had full pizzas, not the just the single serving thing. Yes it was over priced, yes the pizza just felt like some store bought frozen stuff, but meh, I still liked it.

Pizza planet is really nice but too expensive !The pizza there doesn't really taste good . You don't have pizza planet, buzz Laser blast and woody's roundup at Disney World ?
Personnaly, I prefere your Star tours ^^ With the big AT-AT ^^ In DLP, there is just a X-wing...

I personally liked it when I went, and you're right, the surrounding area is brilliant, with the toy story play area, model crane machine, robot guard and RC prop. They have a Pizza Planet at the Florida Walt Disney World, and Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast is present at every Disneyland, but Woody's Roundup and (currently) Toy Story Playland are exclusive to DLP. Which is awesome for me, since I live in England and have not yet been to any other Disneyland park! I quite like the X-Wing at DLP though, and it looks cool lit up at night.
On Photos-Magiques, they have photos of the old Pizza Planet menu (before it became an all you can eat):

picture.php

Am I the only person on the planet who finds the concept of a Pizza Burger interesting and possibly tasty? When my mum and sister saw it, they hated the idea!

I personally loved the Pizza Planet pizza. though I wish they had full pizzas, not the just the single serving thing. Yes it was over priced, yes the pizza just felt like some store bought frozen stuff, but meh, I still liked it.

Last time I went to Pizza Planet in 2007 (I would have went in 2009 if my friends weren't so greedy and lazy - they wouldn't travel from Peter Pan to Discoveryland for the best fast food restaurant in the park!), they were serving full Pizzas, but it looks like they've changed the setup into a buffet. Has anyone been there since they closed off the play area in 2007? Have they made any changes?

Last edited:
Has anyone been there since they closed off the play area in 2007? Have they made any changes?

The arcade is larger I think. I mostly only remember how it looked post remodeling or whatever. I first went in 2003, but only took a look around, didn't eat or anything (everyone I was with looked and the prices and decided it wasn't worth it). the next time I went it was closed, the most recent time was in 2009.

there's a pizza planet at disneyland? i never saw one...but i do traditionally eat at this buzz lightyear fast food place every time i go.

Not Disneyland, Disney world. I mean, there might be one at Disney Land, but we're talking about the one in Disney World.

Makes sense. There isn't one at Disneyland I know that place from top to bottom, and I've never seen one. Just that Club Buzz.

Disneyland has Redd Rocket's Pizza Port. They probably had the opportunity to do a Pizza Planet (it's even near an arcade) but they opted to be more original for once.

I made some updates while I was gone.

DSCN2826.jpg

I got the big Etch and plush Wheezy. Although Wheezy isnt made out of the ruber like he is in the movie, he's to scale and looks right, I like him

DSCN2827.jpg

I got a Slinky. I removed his body string and head string. I also colored his ears with a Crayola Brown Magic Marker. It surprisingly looks really good!! (The light in that picture makes it look okay)

Cool stuff! I got that Wheezy when TS2 came out, not knowing that it would be a major collectors piece in the future. The magic marker on Slinky looks perfect - I might try that myself.

He is not extraordinary... I see him in evrey toys r us in France ! I prefere the TSC. But, that is true as his face is nice ;)

Yes, I figured any "playtime" version of the woody doll wouldnt compare to the TSC edition...too much detail went into the creation of the model. but I was only bringing this up because where I am in the US, I see a buzz lightyear with the original TS box art similar to that of that woody in the link but I have never seen that woody in the US, I was just curious to why that model didnt make it to the line-up when there are soo many various woody's and buzz figures?

I know this thread is for the collection edition of toy story toys but I came across this model of sheriff woody, I like the face more and aside from the fine details and such from the collector's edition, I can't imagine why mattel wouldnt give him a worldwide release

https://pixar.wikia.com/Electronic_Sheriff_Woody_Talking_Action_Figure

He is not extraordinary... I see him in evrey toys r us in France ! I prefere the TSC. But, that is true as his face is nice ;)

Same here french-collector, since I live in Britain I see this toy very frequently. It's made from much lower quality materials than the TSC version, and like you said bedtryme, the smaller details are either neglected or performed under a smaller budget (e.g. gold detailing painted yellow). I still think TSC Woody's face looks better, and while you aren't missing out on much, it is weird how it hasn't seen an international release. Then again, there are plenty of things that never showed up in Britain, the biggest of which was the Disney Store Hamm bank.

Thats was in Disneyland Paris, they look pretty good but is not on scale also not so small and he's been made with some kind os hard plastic.

Back