Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think some gloss would help liven them up a bit.

And what custom above? I see nothing.
Are we talking about Wampar? his do seem a bit more on model with the larger pupils, but I have a feeling his dont hold up as well up close. his is just painted sculpy (I think), Tyler's is resin.

I may decide to paint over the pupils and enlarge them, but will wait and see what they look like in person. If I cant get them looking better while taking pictures I'll know for sure that something's off. Are the pupils the only issue you guys see?

The spacing looks like it might be just a little too wide possibly, but I'd have to see more pictures to be sure. It's mainly the pupils though. You're definitely right about Wampar's though, I think they look pretty much exactly on model but since it's just sculpey up close they're probably not ideal. I'm probably still going to go that route and try to make myself a pair though.

I know it isn't a TSC toy, but I just had to tell everyone that I just received my Jolly (cymbal playing) Chimp! I bought it on eBay, and it did cost a fortune, but it is perfect.

Now, if they only had an in scale Stretch, my essential Sunnyside character lineup would be complete (although I still need to make a cane for Lotso, a staff for Twitch, and find a reasonably accurate dump truck.

What are you using for Big Baby?

Forgive me if it's been adressed in the previous 120 pages or so, but is Zurg going to be part of the Toy Story Collection? I picked up Rex because I'm obsessed with dinosaurs, but if a Zurg comes out I'll be all over that, and that will undoubtably mean that I need a Buzz, and one thing will lead to another and I'll get the whole frickin line.

If you do get Emperor Zurg, you are left with the option of 2 Buzz Lightyears to choose from.

You can get the normal one, which is fine.

Or if you want to be movie accurate, you would get the Utility Belt one. In Toy Story 2 opening, it's Buzz wearing the Utility Belt that goes after Zurg.

Towards the end, it's Delusional Buzz w/ Utility Belt that fights him and hangs out with his dad as well.

The spacing looks like it might be just a little too wide possibly, but I'd have to see more pictures to be sure. It's mainly the pupils though. You're definitely right about Wampar's though, I think they look pretty much exactly on model but since it's just sculpey up close they're probably not ideal. I'm probably still going to go that route and try to make myself a pair though.

This pic makes the spacing look fine to me, its probably one of the better lit pics he has.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Toy-...2738#!/photo.php?pid=12723&id=100477100006648

Last edited:
Oh, I'm shure it's fully plugged in, he'd need some sort of circut or wire conecting the belt to his head, so that it would move while he talks.

Also, Grange Wallis, I noticed that you're in Melbourne, do you have Bullseye? Because if you don't you can get him, and Lotso at K-mart at Burwood, and Eastland. Also I saw several Belt Buzz's at numerous Targets.

I'm waiting for the Target Toy Sale next week. It starts on Thursday and I get pay the same day... Bullseye, Lot-so & Jessie will be $49.00AUD!!! There is a load of them in Target CBD store and Northland and Doncaster. Thanks for the heads up!

As for Lightsnack... I've already got the original release Buzz, but I was wondering about the belt because I was thinking about getting an extra figure to customize the articulation for it to move better.

If your successful with adding the arm articulation, I hope you'll go over it in detail, I'd love to try it myself if its not too risky.

I've opened up the 90s buzz who had the same limitations but couldn't figure out what was obstructing the arm frrom going down further.

Last edited:
Hey everyone!!:wave
I am new to this site and I LOVE TOY STORY!!!..Here is the Barbie and Ken I have for my collection..I don't like how the new Barbie looks so I got Great shape Barbie from ebay and customized her=) I cut her fringe and made her belt and hair tie.

I really NEED to find a Peas in the pod...I have Buttercup,Dolly and Mr Pricklepants..I call both my local Disney stores every week LOOKING for the Peas...On ebay it's crazy that some go for as much as $70.00:gah:...Wanna know sumthin..They are $5.00:gah: at My local Disney store that's how much I paid for the others..Sad thing is when I bought the others they had the peas however, at that time I really didn't have the extra money and figured I would come back and get them at another time; I didn't realize they were going to be so popular:rolleyes2...I hope they get a new shipment in soon!..I am also excited to see what the Mr and Mrs potato head will look like this fall...I really was not happy with the TSC one..I bought him and returned him...I hope they make a Trixie in wave 3

I know it isn't a TSC toy, but I just had to tell everyone that I just received my Jolly (cymbal playing) Chimp! I bought it on eBay, and it did cost a fortune, but it is perfect.

Now, if they only had an in scale Stretch, my essential Sunnyside character lineup would be complete (although I still need to make a cane for Lotso, a staff for Twitch, and find a reasonably accurate dump truck.

I got one on ebay too. He's great. I have the Stretch that Mattel put out which is way too small.

Anyone have an idea for a doll that can serve as big baby?

I think alot of dolls could work for big baby. You will probably have to buy one wearing clothes. but big baby is designed after the dolls that have a stuffed torso and sculpted arms legs and head.

Should be really easy to find. just look around in the doll area in target

That cymbal playing chimp was creepy! Hahaha, I didn't know it was based off of a real design. I've been wanting a cymbal chimp since I saw an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 that featured one (who was also pretty evil).

Anyway I only have the $50 Woody and Jessie of this line, but I'd love to get Bullseye. Also kiiiiinda want a Buzz Lightyear but I'd kick myself paying for it since I bought one for my little brother when the very first TS came out and he was expensive then, too!

Hey does the Thinkway Buzz's laser actually work? I mean I know Woody calls it "a little lightbulb that blinks" but it is really a laser and that would be so cool if they put one on him. Would justify the price anyway.

As for Lightsnack... I've already got the original release Buzz, but I was wondering about the belt because I was thinking about getting an extra figure to customize the articulation for it to move better.

I've been thinking about doing the same. Do you actually have any ideas yet on what you might do or will you try and figure something out if you actually get an extra figure?

Hey does the Thinkway Buzz's laser actually work? I mean I know Woody calls it "a little lightbulb that blinks" but it is really a laser and that would be so cool if they put one on him. Would justify the price anyway.

A real laser would indeed be cool and it appears to be a one in the movies, but its just a little lightbulb that blinks.

I said spacing, not pupil size. I agree about the size. the spacing used use make it look like he was totally out of it, like he was he was looking in two different directions until he adjusted them. He made the pupils larger, but looks like it wasn't quite enough.

this guy called me a "piece of *&^%"... cant let it go just yet. excuse me guys...

All I have to say is this: The Internet has become such a "loose" anonymous environment where a persons true colors shine through, they can say what they really think behind their little computer screen. When in reality they wouldn't be saying most of those things to another persons face. A persons word used to mean something, now everything is a joke, everything is wishy washy where you can say things, take them back, then not take it back if it's convenient.
yeah, internet is the place where you can compare someone you dont know to "child molesters, rapists, murderers, terrorists" anytime you like. of course you love the internet... you dont have to see my face when saying those things to me, save you from wearing that monitor on your desk as your helmet.

and i take nothing back. i said and i still say 7 years old who put toys in their mouths deserve to choke. what is still not clear to you?

If a seven year old choked and you can honestly sit there and tell me that they deserved to choke (even if the seven year old put a piece of plastic in their mouth), then you are a piece of *&^%.
did any 7 years old just die from choking? any real boy or girl you know dead today? no?? no 7 years old would knowingly swallow plastic toy in their mouths. you said it yourself. and i believed it myself.

so what the _____* is your problem?

I am sure the grieving parents would really want to hear that their child deserved it from some "toy collector". Not to mention what the dad would probably do to you if you said something like that.
yeah, when you find that dad with his stupid 7 years old who died from toy choking, please... let me know. i'll be sure to pass my message to him directly.

And by the way, I had one typo, a misspelled word. You don't really have a good grasp on the English language.
i live in south east asia. english is my third language. what's your excuse?

I'm done now, my apologies to everyone else.
sure you're done? good. be done here and start a riot somewhere else, would you?

Oh shii..I was a too late for the drama llama yesterday but here it is again.

Honestly Cr', I'd ignore him of he comes back, the guy was obviously here to stir up ____ and blew an off hand comment into something that it wasn't. He also, apparently, can't present an argument without insulting the other person.

On the subject of choking hazards, Hasbro's Star Wars figures are indeed labeled age 4+, and the Mr. Potato Head line is age 2+, so I assume that's why they have joined eyes.

On the other hand, I don't have a TSC Potato Head, but Buzz/Woody's age recommendation is 4+, so there really is no excuse to have them joined for this line, though reason really hasn't worked with companies like Hasbro before.

Yeah, and it was Hasbro that forced Thinkway into giving him those horrible legs. Hasbro is really uptight as we can see.

Back