Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta agree that Tyler's eyes didn't turn out that great. Not in his pics at least. They just look off to me. Even after all the discussion it seems like he still didn't make the pupils 100% correct. I had intended to order a pair, but they don't look good enough for me to bother with a money order, which I wasn't completely comfortable with anyway. I think Wampar did a much better job.

you did notice i said 7+, right? you know any 7 years old who would willingly n knowingly eat plastic toys? stupidity knows no age. i was 7 once, and i sure knew the difference between food and plastic.

Things happen, even if kids know that something is plastic.

My daughter is 5 and she knows very well not to put stuff in her mouth and she knows to keep small items away from her 1 year old sister.

Nevertheless, the seven+ year old may be stupid to put plastic in their mouth, but no child DESERVES to choke and die.

There have been kids in this age group who have climbed up furniture and had it topple over with a tv on top of them, killing them. Does this mean they "DESERVED IT"? Seems pretty "stupid". Better yet, how about everytime you do something stupid, whatever it may be, you can "DESERVE" to be in a lot of pain or die. This is your logic, because after all "stupidity knows no age", genius.

Last edited:
ok, my words was harsh. no question about it. but i always hold the view that this planet is overpopulated by stupid people anyway and we dont need more. so, if by 7 years old you cannot tell the difference between food and toy, then yes, i think that little person deserve to choke. at least, he/she could learn something from it and not be that stupid the next time. i didnt say anything about them deserving to die.

many different kinds of stupidity offer their own rewards. if i put toy down my mouth and i choke, is the toy to blame? is the manufacturer? or is it my brain? 7 years old is old enough to know the difference between simple logic and stupidity. you should give them more credit.

ok, my words was harsh. no question about it. but i always hold the view that this planet is overpopulated by stupid people anyway and we dont need more. so, if by 7 years old you cannot tell the difference between food and toy, then yes, i think that little person deserve to choke. at least, he/she could learn something from it and not be that stupid the next time. i didnt say anything about them deserving to die.

many different kinds of stupidity offer their own rewards. if i put toy down my mouth and i choke, is the toy to blame? is the manufacturer? or is it my brain? 7 years old is old enough to know the difference between simple logic and stupidity. you should give them more credit.

Of course all 7 year olds (without mental disorders) know the difference between food and toy.

You know who I think deserves to die?

Child molesters, rapists, murderers, terrorists and people who say that 7 year old children deserve to choke for their stupidity.

Also, your deafitist attitute is pretty annoying, claiming that everyone is stupid, when in fact you don't even use proper grammer and punctuation.

Of course all 7 year olds (without mental disorders) know the difference between food and toy.
good. i agree. why are we arguing then?

You know who I think deserves to die?

Child molesters, rapists, murderers, terrorists and people who say that 7 year old children deserve to choke for their stupidity.
sure sure, bad people need their comeuppance. let's all rejoice in their misery. hooray!!

and 7 years olds who eat their toy still deserve to choke on it.
Also, your deafitist attitute is pretty annoying, claiming that everyone is stupid, when in fact you don't even use proper grammer and punctuation.
for such a stickler to proper english in an internet forum, you should know then that "grammer" is spelled grammar.

and no, i dont claim "everyone" is stupid, just that we have many stupid people in this planet... and that include 7 years olds who eat their toys.

stupid.jpg

Guys, not to step into a situation that doesn't involve me, but can we not argue about this stuff? While I agree that the comments being made are ridiculous, can we just agree to let people have their own opinions? I don't agree with either person, but I feel that this should take place elsewhere, as this is supposed to be a thread about the Toy Story Collection toys, and I would hate for the mods to get on here and try to shut the thread down due to incessant hostility towards one another.

Wow, enough, guys! cr' obviously wasn't being serious. Just making a one-off comment anyone of us would say in casual conversation. It's not to be taken literal and no, none of us wish death upon kids.

The point goes back to age appropriate toys. Someone suggested separate eyes and slapping a higher age limit on the packaging. YES, I AGREE WITH THAT.

Heck, those eyes aren't that small. Star Wars figures are like 4+ and they come with tiny weapons. Lots of them!

Age warning signs do matter but it's up to the parent to make sure they buy what's appropriate for THEIR child regardless of age.

I gotta agree that Tyler's eyes didn't turn out that great. Not in his pics at least. They just look off to me. Even after all the discussion it seems like he still didn't make the pupils 100% correct. I had intended to order a pair, but they don't look good enough for me to bother with a money order, which I wasn't completely comfortable with anyway. I think Wampar did a much better job.

Yup, glad someone else thinks so too. They just look like dead eyes to me. I'd much rather have the eyes in the custom posted above.

I think some gloss would help liven them up a bit.

And what custom above? I see nothing.
Are we talking about Wampar? his do seem a bit more on model with the larger pupils, but I have a feeling his dont hold up as well up close. his is just painted sculpy (I think), Tyler's is resin.

I may decide to paint over the pupils and enlarge them, but will wait and see what they look like in person. If I cant get them looking better while taking pictures I'll know for sure that something's off. Are the pupils the only issue you guys see?

Last edited:

do you eat your toys? if you dont, then you pass the idiot test. er... or i should say, you fail the idiot test.

Wow, enough, guys! cr' obviously wasn't being serious. Just making a one-off comment anyone of us would say in casual conversation. It's not to be taken literal and no, none of us wish death upon kids.
no no no, it's supposed to be taken literally. can't you get that from my post? i obviously belong in the same category as "child molesters, rapists, murderers, terrorists," like TysonK pointed out. yeah.. i'm that sadistic.

i'm being sarcastic btw.

no, seriously.

Guys, not to step into a situation that doesn't involve me, but can we not argue about this stuff? While I agree that the comments being made are ridiculous, can we just agree to let people have their own opinions? I don't agree with either person, but I feel that this should take place elsewhere, as this is supposed to be a thread about the Toy Story Collection toys, and I would hate for the mods to get on here and try to shut the thread down due to incessant hostility towards one another.

you're right of course. i'll zip it now. :peace

sorry guys. please... commence on the toys talk. :)

Heck, those eyes aren't that small. Star Wars figures are like 4+ and they come with tiny weapons. Lots of them!

good point. star wars figures are also made by hasbro. n i think the label says age 4+ or 5+ for those figures. so if hasbro slap the same age warning they should be fine with giving us a potatohead that have two separate eyes.

Oh, I'm shure it's fully plugged in, he'd need some sort of circut or wire conecting the belt to his head, so that it would move while he talks.

Also, Grange Wallis, I noticed that you're in Melbourne, do you have Bullseye? Because if you don't you can get him, and Lotso at K-mart at Burwood, and Eastland. Also I saw several Belt Buzz's at numerous Targets.

good. i agree. why are we arguing then?

sure sure, bad people need their comeuppance. let's all rejoice in their misery. hooray!!

and 7 years olds who eat their toy still deserve to choke on it.

for such a stickler to proper english in an internet forum, you should know then that "grammer" is spelled grammar.

and no, i dont claim "everyone" is stupid, just that we have many stupid people in this planet... and that include 7 years olds who eat their toys.

All I have to say is this: The Internet has become such a "loose" anonymous environment where a persons true colors shine through, they can say what they really think behind their little computer screen. When in reality they wouldn't be saying most of those things to another persons face. A persons word used to mean something, now everything is a joke, everything is wishy washy where you can say things, take them back, then not take it back if it's convenient.

If a seven year old choked and you can honestly sit there and tell me that they deserved to choke (even if the seven year old put a piece of plastic in their mouth), then you are a piece of *&^%.

I am sure the grieving parents would really want to hear that their child deserved it from some "toy collector". Not to mention what the dad would probably do to you if you said something like that.

And by the way, I had one typo, a misspelled word. You don't really have a good grasp on the English language.

I'm done now, my apologies to everyone else.

And what custom above? I see nothing.

I meant RustyJ's custom on the previous page. I forget just how few posts are on a page in this place. If it's adjustable, I haven't played around enough to find out hehe.

Forgive me if it's been adressed in the previous 120 pages or so, but is Zurg going to be part of the Toy Story Collection? I picked up Rex because I'm obsessed with dinosaurs, but if a Zurg comes out I'll be all over that, and that will undoubtably mean that I need a Buzz, and one thing will lead to another and I'll get the whole frickin line.

Forgive me if it's been adressed in the previous 120 pages or so, but is Zurg going to be part of the Toy Story Collection? I picked up Rex because I'm obsessed with dinosaurs, but if a Zurg comes out I'll be all over that, and that will undoubtably mean that I need a Buzz, and one thing will lead to another and I'll get the whole frickin line.

There are three characters that would make no sense to not put out - Zurg (completes the Buzz Lightyear line of toys), Stinky Pete (completes the Woody's Roundup line of toys) and Mrs. Potato Head (completes Mr. Potato Head and they already have the tech in place to manufacture it.

However, nobody knows, nor has it been announced, which characters (if any) will be next. I would think they would release more, considering the successful sales figures of this toy line. At lease I think it's been successful??

I know it isn't a TSC toy, but I just had to tell everyone that I just received my Jolly (cymbal playing) Chimp! I bought it on eBay, and it did cost a fortune, but it is perfect.

Now, if they only had an in scale Stretch, my essential Sunnyside character lineup would be complete (although I still need to make a cane for Lotso, a staff for Twitch, and find a reasonably accurate dump truck.

Back