Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up picking up both the $8 Twitch, and the Alien 3 pack. The 3 pack is pretty nice, but there are soem paint rubs on one of them. My baby nephew liked them as well as he was trying to get to them when he first saw them in package, and then actually taking a few steps to try and get the opened one in hand later on.

I wouldn't mind getting a few more of the collection figures, but they are just a little much for me atm. I got the aliens cause I had been wanting them and kept putting them off, put them off for to long and they would be gone was my thinking.

IMG_0024.jpg

He's waiting for Woody!

Picked up both the Collection Woody and the Collection Belt Buzz today. Got one of the characters half off with the TRU sale.

Here are the ones I picked up for myself. The Aliens and Twitch were purchased Thursday before the sale at TRU, while the rest of my set was gotten on Friday.

DSCN0339.jpg

Went back today with my Nephew to find him some birthday presents (1 year next month) and walked out with these. I was gonna get him a bigger buzz, but it was kinda heavy and it would of been to much for him to play with.

DSCN0341.jpg

Wonder if they'll sell a Zurg doll. Very hard to find. Does anyone know where I can find the ones from year 2000 or so? No. 70407 Thinkway Toys Zurg Interactive and No. 70403 Buzz Interactive? Would love to get them and see them interact with their IR capabilities. Searched and searched using Google and checked eBay. Nothing.

It's annoying that any Zurg toy is either out of scale, inaccurate or ridiculously rare. They SERIOUSLY need to make a TSC Zurg, alongside Stinky Pete - I have a feeling that they'll definetely make a third wave containing both of them.

Ephtoy, I didn't even know this Zurg exsisted. Any idea if its in scale, or what it does?

From what I've read, there was an in scale Zurg produced in 1999 or 2000, but if I remember correctly it was an exclusive to either Disney Stores, Theme Parks, or both. And it wasn't available for very long.

Picked up Thinkway Woody today! It looks great to Buzz and it reminds me of the Woody I had when I was little!

An Evil Emperor Zurg would be sweet, too!

Zurg's a little like Buzz in that some of his features would be hard, or impossible to replicate:

1. Mechanism in ion blaster is probably very complicated
2. Eyes can only light up or have zurg-o-vision
3. Lights in mouth would be hard to create and use

So these are probably main reasons why he hasn't been made and sold proper yet. However, considering thinkway fixed things like articulation and wings on Buzz, I think that they may still be determined to pull Zurg off.

051c810ae7a0e06ad764e110.L.jpg
zurg_big.jpg

Is this the Zurg we're talking about? Information dates it back to 2000, and at 12" it seems to be in scale. It has a light up mouth, eyes and cannon, but I don't think it can be removed from its base.

I got him at the Disney Store, and he's actually pretty in-scale and nice overall. I think he's the best non-TSC figure since the original Buzz. Here are some pictures for comparison...

With TSC Buzz...
IMG00151-20100615-1049.jpg

Non TSC- Thinkway
IMG00153-20100615-1051.jpg

Display
IMG00154-20100615-1051.jpg

Note...Lotso is the Disney Store Version. I have the collection Lotso in a box still, but DisneyStore.com lists him as 13" while the Disneystore Plush version is 15" which is closer to scale. Since Woody is 16" , Lotso should be 16-18"

Great TS3 toys, Runawaybrain. I haven't seen much of Chunk's angry face, but from these photos it looks very cool. I think the TSC Lotso looks more accurate, but this disney store one certainly shows his evil side.

Also - I picked up the TSC Bullseye at Toys R Us in Burbank today so he's starting to hit stores. He's pretty awesome. TSC Jessie and Woody are currently on-sale for $39.99 at TRU as well.

That Zurg is probably the same size as the dancing buzz thing that's out now. Assuming it is, its too small.

I got him at the Disney Store, and he's actually pretty in-scale and nice overall. I think he's the best non-TSC figure since the original Buzz. Here are some pictures for comparison...

With TSC Buzz...
IMG00151-20100615-1049.jpg

Non TSC- Thinkway
IMG00153-20100615-1051.jpg

Display
IMG00154-20100615-1051.jpg

Note...Lotso is the Disney Store Version. I have the collection Lotso in a box still, but DisneyStore.com lists him as 13" while the Disneystore Plush version is 15" which is closer to scale. Since Woody is 16" , Lotso should be 16-18"

I want this entire shelf thank you very much

Back