Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spud head is finally Out.

(This isnt mine)
mrp009.jpg

More pics here.
https://www.pixarplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5310&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1110

turns out the legs cannot be hidden. :(
Lame.

Re: Potato Head
Because he rocks back and forth as he animates, there is a potential pinch issue. I agree it sucks that his legs are not shorter but I hear that this was a Hasbro call and not Thinkway.

I see...I wonder how hard it would be to modify this into looking right. would you be able to saw off the top part of the legs and re attach it? I cant tell how its connected inside the body.

I was... There was supposed to be a mock humour tone to my post, hence the Greater-Good angle to it. :D

Eh, sorry then. I'm new here.:doh

On topic, Mr. Potato Head looks pretty good movie-wise. If it was my call, though, I'd leave out the rocking feature and make the legs removable.

So I've been trying to catch up on this thread, since I haven't been following it as regularly as I should, but I am trying to keep everything straight as far as what's out now, and what is definitely in wave 2 for the "Collection" series.

As I understand it, wave 1 consists of:

Woody
Buzz
Rex
Bucket o' Soldiers
RC
Alien Trio

For wave 2, we are getting:

Utility Belt (TS2) Buzz
Jessie
Bullseye
Potato Head
Lotso
???

Have I missed anything?

I see...I wonder how hard it would be to modify this into looking right. would you be able to saw off the top part of the legs and re attach it? I cant tell how its connected inside the body.

I think it can be modified but it will affect the movement of the toy. It's a trade off. Frankly, once you put him amongst the other figures, it's hardly noticeable.

So I've been trying to catch up on this thread, since I haven't been following it as regularly as I should, but I am trying to keep everything straight as far as what's out now. Have I missed anything?

Nope, thats everything thats been confirmed. they might add Hamm later, but we have no confirmation of anything else.

I think it can be modified but it will affect the movement of the toy. It's a trade off. Frankly, once you put him amongst the other figures, it's hardly noticeable.

the only thing that usually changes for me when it comes to pictures versus real life is scale and sometimes color. I don't see the inaccuracies bothering me any less in person. If anything they'll be magnified.

if I have to remove its animatronic features then so be it.

Last edited:
Given the logistics of one toy company (Thinkway) producing the main character of another toy company (HASBRO), I'm pretty amazed to even see it out there. I'm sure there were issues with making it accurate from a play pattern point of view. The key was to create a Potato Head from the film that comes to life. I would assume HASBRO is producing a non-electronic Potato Head but I would be surprised if it looked better than this one.

Why don't they just give us what everybody wants, Rocky Gibraltar and Wheezy!

I'd also like to add squeaky shark with hat to that list.

I hope they ship to other regions too .
Because i reside in Singapore , somewhere in Asia .

Otherwise , I will have to stick with this scratched filled Buzz :(

Hey bro, well I'm in sg too and a couple of months back i bought an ultimate wall-e that came without its instruction manual. I emailed thinkway and they sent out a new one to singapore right away. So i dun think you have much to worry abt

On another site, some guy said he found this photo on an Internet site from Brazil, and it said it's from the Toy Story Collection:
5_1.jpg

Well, I've e-mailed ThinkWay, and they said that PIXAR has all the control over the sculpts and how they should look. This is probably just an early mock-up by ThinkWay. They've also confirmed the whole hat suffocation issue.

Why don't they just give us what everybody wants, Rocky Gibraltar and Wheezy!

I'd also like to add squeaky shark with hat to that list.
2ijixki.jpg

We have Wheezy... Kind of. It's a rare Japanese figure that appears to be to scale. Chances are that it doesn't squeak (if it does, it's from the bottom), but since the aliens don't either, I guess it won't matter.

I don't think Hasbro will release another Mr. potato head, they seem content with re releasing their older one, which looks way worse than the TSC one.

About Woody's hat, now that I think about it, I loved playing with the older hat that way. You know, creating a suction cup with my mouth so it would stick to my face. Stupid safety standards making toys less fun... :p

Seperating the eyes would probably be too much work if you're going to put it onto a classic Mr. Potato Head body. Just stick with the connected eyes and, if you can track down an 80's Potato Head body, that's the model that was used in the film (the nose, arms, and cap are also identical). If you want any pictures, I'll try to track some down.

Everything looks good for Wave 2 so far, so I thought I may as well add my predictions (they're in order of liklieness).
1. Hamm; we already saw the prototype
2. Stinky Pete; to complete the roundup gang
3. Zurg
4. Slinky; although he already exists as a real toy, the same went for Mr. Potato Head, but they did him anyways
5. Rocky Gibraltar
6. Wheezy
7. Troll
8. Snake
9. Lenny
10. (probably not going to happen) Although she played an important role, she was a porclain lamp, so that would probably drive up the price unbelievably.

That just about does it for notable characters, I think they should have a set that combines some of the smaller toys, like Lenny, Wheezy, Snake, and Troll.

Back