Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figures.com Has a bunch of good shots of Mr. Potatohead.
MrPotatoHead_20.jpg

More here.

I've been reading over at Pixar Planet that some people have been told that it will be up to six weeks before Potato Head shows up in stores outside of major markets like LA and NY. I don't know who has been telling people this, but they are clearly wrong. I picked up the spud tonight at my local TRU in Boise, Idaho. So unless Boise just grew significantly in market size, he is out there now. But you won't find him on the Toy Story aisle. He's stuck over on the Playskool aisle, right next to the regular versions.

Everything looks good for Wave 2 so far, so I thought I may as well add my predictions (they're in order of liklieness).
1. Hamm; we already saw the prototype
2. Stinky Pete; to complete the roundup gang
3. Zurg
4. Slinky; although he already exists as a real toy, the same went for Mr. Potato Head, but they did him anyways
5. Rocky Gibraltar
6. Wheezy
7. Troll
8. Snake
9. Lenny
10. (probably not going to happen) Although she played an important role, she was a porclain lamp, so that would probably drive up the price unbelievably.

That just about does it for notable characters, I think they should have a set that combines some of the smaller toys, like Lenny, Wheezy, Snake, and Troll.

I think that you should include Mrs. Potato Head as number 5. I fthey did Mr. Potato Head, why not do his wife? :lol

Everything looks good for Wave 2 so far, so I thought I may as well add my predictions (they're in order of liklieness).
3. Zurg
4. Slinky; although he already exists as a real toy, the same went for Mr. Potato Head, but they did him anyways
5. Rocky Gibraltar
6. Wheezy
7. Troll
8. Snake
9. Lenny
10. (probably not going to happen) Although she played an important role, she was a porclain lamp, so that would probably drive up the price unbelievably.

That just about does it for notable characters, I think they should have a set that combines some of the smaller toys, like Lenny, Wheezy, Snake, and Troll.

Add to fact that Lotso means they are starting with TS3 as well so I imagine that the following will probably be coming before we see some of the TS1 and 2 minor characters:

1) Trixie - Rex is done so the guts/packaging design will probably be easier to do a la Bullseye and Jessie
2) Twitch - crosses fingers
3) Chunk
4) Sparks
etc...

I totally forgot about TS3, and Mrs. Potato Head slipped under my nose, nice catch. I'm guessing Twitch is the most likely, since he's an action figure, they may add him to the normal action figure line.

My Rex came in today. :)

justonfloor.jpg

dinosir.jpg

collectionow.jpg

He truly is massive. my collection barely fits on this shelf now.

I found a way to make some money as a caricature artist, so I should be able to get the aliens soon.

3. Zurg
5. Rocky Gibraltar
6. Wheezy
7. Troll
8. Snake
9. Lenny

Would love to see all those happen. Is the a pic of the Hamm proto?

That's if he even comes out. They have never actually confirmed one will be released, and have actually stated in emails that they do not plan to release a TSC Hamm. So if that comes out, either they were lying/wrong, or that wasn't Thinkway's toy. This picture is infamous for a reason, its the only evidence we have of this toys existence.

Last edited:
I've never seen a Toy Story Collection Rex in a retail store, just the vinyl one on the blue cardback. I've seen them online but was wondering what brick and mortar stores you guys have seen them at. I want to check it out in person.

I've never seen a Toy Story Collection Rex in a retail store, just the vinyl one on the blue cardback. I've seen them online but was wondering what brick and mortar stores you guys have seen them at. I want to check it out in person.

I have seen him at both Target and ToysRus. :duff

Ive never found it in person myself either, was forced to buy on amazon.

That's if he even comes out. They have never actually confirmed one will be released, and have actually stated in emails that they do not plan to release a TSC Hamm. So if that comes out, either they were lying/wrong, or that wasn't Thinkway's toy. This picture is infamous for a reason, its the only evidence we have of this toys existence.

Well, maybe they are playing with semantics a bit. There may not be a TSC Hamm, but that doesn't mean there won't be a screen-accurate Hamm. After all, besides the TSC versions there are three other new Buzz figures, two new Woody figures, and the vinyl Rex, all of which are at least the correct size, and most of which use the same sculpts as the TSC versions. Also, the photo doesn't only feature TSC products. Several of the toys on that table are the less expensive versions.

My guess is that we will see Hamm produced, but it won't have all the bells and whistles that the TSC toys have. It probably won't even talk. But that's OK, as long as it does get released, so I can finally display something larger than the old pint-sized version from '95.

Last edited:
Back