Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ebay :) Also, for those curious: I was able to take both caps off without breaking them, so yeah, I can pretty much put them back on! Careful though if you do decide to take them off..

great figure all around!

only 2 downsides to me are: He cant do a laser shooting pose
and he cant take off the helmet fully without me modding it and risking breakage

besides that AWESOME

Here are the images from the Toys R Us Big Book Commercial. Why are they teasing us???? His legs are long in these shots whats up with that??? :google P.S. Heres the site to see the whole commercial www.toys.com

hdfjksk.jpg

None of those are real except for Mr potatohead. the rest are just 3d models, which you'd notice if you watched the ad itself. there are versions of rex and Hamm like that though, their from mattel as a sort of a highly distorted/exaggerated line of figures. this isnt even what the real big looks like either, this is just a mock up design used in the ad. the real thing looks completly different, Mr P isnt even in it.

But I'm sure Mr Potatohead just hasn't been pressed down enough.

eczamurai, can you post some nice close up shots of the glossed bits? preferably without flash? (use macro mode to make focusing easier)

This is probably a stupid idea, but after spending a lot of time browsing the Customs forum, I can't help be keep wondering if it'd be possible to mod Woody to look like he does in the movie when he's a toy. Wide eyes, closed mouth smile. Mainly a complete mod of the mouth would be the part that took work. Just interested if it's in anyway possible. I'm even thinking of trying to get Buzz with the wide eyes he has in the TS3 trailer now. More than a simple repaint due to the slight bit of height to the eyelid, though maybe that's not very significant. Unfortunately I haven't gotten any of these yet.

That sounds insane man. We're talking a complete re sculpt. you'd probably have to do a resin cast, pull from clay, make adjustments to close mouth, make another cast and pull (not sure if I'm using the right terminology, I have no real experience here) out of whatever kind of material you'd want the final to be, then paint it up to look like it should.
I dont see anyone taking up that challenge.

This is probably a stupid idea, but after spending a lot of time browsing the Customs forum, I can't help be keep wondering if it'd be possible to mod Woody to look like he does in the movie when he's a toy. Wide eyes, closed mouth smile. Mainly a complete mod of the mouth would be the part that took work. Just interested if it's in anyway possible. I'm even thinking of trying to get Buzz with the wide eyes he has in the TS3 trailer now. More than a simple repaint due to the slight bit of height to the eyelid, though maybe that's not very significant. Unfortunately I haven't gotten any of these yet.

If you were just gonna mod the current head it'd probably be damn near impossible to make it look seamless if you could even do it without straight up destroying it. When you get one you might find you're happy with the face as is anyway.

thanks, eczamurai. now I can actually see the gloss. though it kinda looks like he's been crying, heh. could just be the lighting, but Im guessing the gloss bled over the eye whites a tiny bit. teeth look great though.

Finally tracked down the accurate bucket of soldiers. its been driving me crazy owning only the crappy version. also bought RC.

thanks, eczamurai. now I can actually see the gloss. though it kinda looks like he's been crying, heh. could just be the lighting, but Im guessing the gloss bled over the eye whites a tiny bit. teeth look great though.

Finally tracked down the accurate bucket of soldiers. its been driving me crazy owning only the crappy version. also bought RC.

Photo or RC? I hear he isn't the best remote control car...

Photo or RC? I hear he isn't the best remote control car...

Not sure I get what your asking...
I have RC, and while no he's not the best remote contorl car out there, he's pretty slow and turns akwardly (not a fan of the 5th wheel) but as with the rest of this collection I'm buying these for display mainly, and appearance wise he's a near flawless replica. And turning and speed aside he does have some nifty features with all those sensors and whatnot.

Edit: some pics.
yesrcsir.jpg

soldiermonitor.jpg

bothride.jpg

buzzride.jpg

bothangle.jpg

Last edited:
In case anybody is wondering, the TSC Mr. Potato Head is out of the Holiday Set at Target. :(

That doesn't mean though that he won't still show up eventually.

Damn that's kind of a shame. Hopefully he shows up sooner rather than later still.

Back