Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome Snake... How much do you love it?

Wait until you have Buzz & Woody together... They talk to eachother for ages... It's hilarious how in and out of time they can be!

Awesome Snake... How much do you love it?

Wait until you have Buzz & Woody together... They talk to eachother for ages... It's hilarious how in and out of time they can be!

When you add Rex to the mix it gets even better. :D

Does anyone have an exact source about Mr. Potato head coming out on Black Friday??:confused:

It's just a rumor at the moment.

Target supposedly has him in it's Holiday plan-o-gram. It kind of makes sense since he showed up on Target's website last month.

Nah, I'm happy with the two for now... And I'm annoyed Rex doesn't have Jaw articulation... the eighties T-Rex toy he was based off had it. So I think that the lack of it is sheer bad form from Thinkway.

Wait, there's a specific toy Rex was based on? Anywhere I could see it or get some info about that?

My issues with Woody have been solved: I managed to remove the batteries before they start to leak or anything like that.

I managed to bring the pole down in size: I used a file to get half a centimeter off of the stand. Woody is no longer floating in the air. I also used a blowdryer, but it didn't work for me :monkey3

I am enjoying this figure a lot, will order Buzz soon :D

Rex was based off the T-Rex from "Dino Riders"
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/jVzbG--wJ_U&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/jVzbG--wJ_U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here he is without the armour!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/boWftjdkFjU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/boWftjdkFjU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nah, I'm happy with the two for now... And I'm annoyed Rex doesn't have Jaw articulation... the eighties T-Rex toy he was based off had it. So I think that the lack of it is sheer bad form from Thinkway.

Wait, there's a specific toy Rex was based on? Anywhere I could see it or get some info about that?

That's not true. Rex isn't based off of any specific figure.

John Lasseter has debunked this before and Wikipedia is hardly 100% accurate.

While some fans claim he was based off the Dinoriders T-Rex figure he wasn't. Disney just needed a dinosaur for the movie so they made up Rex as a generic dinosaur.

In fact, Rex wasn't even in the first few drafts of the film. The very first script had Godzilla playing his part. "Rex" was later replaced by a generic "monster." They changed him over to a T-Rex after Jurassic Park came out in '93 thinking kids would be familiar with that type of dinosaur. Plus they wouldn't have to worry about any licensing problems by not basing him off anything specific. Disney had a tough time gaining rights to several characters for the movie. The most famous being Barbie and GIJoe which Mattel and Hasbro both refused for their characters to be in the movie. Smart move guys. :rolleyes:

That's not true. Rex isn't based off of any specific figure.

John Lasseter has debunked this before and Wikipedia is hardly 100% accurate.

While some fans claim he was based off the Dinoriders T-Rex figure he wasn't. Disney just needed a dinosaur for the movie so they made up Rex as a generic dinosaur.

In fact, Rex wasn't even in the first few drafts of the film. The very first script had Godzilla playing his part. "Rex" was later replaced by a generic "monster." They changed him over to a T-Rex after Jurassic Park came out in '93 thinking kids would be familiar with that type of dinosaur. Plus they wouldn't have to worry about any licensing problems by not basing him off anything specific. Disney had a tough time gaining rights to several characters for the movie. The most famous being Barbie and GIJoe which Mattel and Hasbro both refused for their characters to be in the movie. Smart move guys. :rolleyes:

Well of course Wiki isn't always accurate, but it at least led me to the referenced toy. Anyway, I can definitely see how the rumor got started, pretty strong resemblance on the bodies, like the texture and such. Or maybe he really was based of the DinoRider.

Well of course Wiki isn't always accurate, but it at least led me to the referenced toy. Anyway, I can definitely see how the rumor got started, pretty strong resemblance on the bodies, like the texture and such. Or maybe he really was based of the DinoRider.

I agree with you... Lasseter did said in the video promo for the Collection edition of Rex, that he wasn't based particularly an any one T-Rex figure, but he did say that they were looking at all these T-Rex figures and how pathetic their arms were on some of the toys...

It's a generic version of the Dino-Rider figure, which was later sold in a standard Dinosaur toy-line. Besides it's resemblance is to obvious to ignore. :monkey3

Hi Guys

I've just got Buzz after checking every one in the shop to get the best paint job only to find the head movement isn't working at all. Has anyone else had this problem and if so if there a quick fix?

Thanks

Daz

Well I exchanged it this morning for one that works but I now have a scratch on the helmet and one of the wings droops! I also bought Woody and he's spot on!

I just caught a commercial for the Toys R Us Big Book, and at the very begining it shows MR.POTATO HEAD standing next to Woody in the ad??? But I don't recall seeing him there when someone posted the ad online. Does anyone have the Big Book and is he in there??? :confused:

removed the helmet on mine, just to see how it looks, I prefer it.
also added some gloss to his eyes and touched up his eyebrows a bit..

weird flash pics:

mkynts.jpg

xepxk2.jpg

Back