Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally have both Woody & Buzz! I've always wanted two well done and to scale versions of these two character. They have finally been made and I have them! Two of my most satisfing purchases ever... No buyer's remorse here!
WoodyandBuzz.jpg

He looks great! This photo is from a forum member 'Kyle' at the Pixar Planet forums
He was discussing the paint apps on the figures left eye. Besides from the paint on his figure. What a fantastic photo and figure!!!
IMG_3829.jpg

Yeah...about that. would anyone here know anything about trying to fix this? its driving me nuts. I tried to ignore it, but now its all I see when I look at him. I thought about buying another one, but somehow I still prefer this version when it comes to other aspects, like the sharply folded collar in comparison to the others Ive seen in stores. if I could just fix this eye he would be perfect to me. I really want to avoid selling him and buying another version, but I might end up resorting to that. unless I can think of a good way to fix this. I didnt think it would be this hard to remove a small amount of excess paint. if only it wasnt in such a difficult pace to reach I's scratch it off, but its too close to the paint I need to keep, too risky.

Hey Kyle... From Pixar Planet... I don't like the idea of scratching it off, like the some of the people at PP Forum suggested... You could work with nail polish remover and a fine paint brush and try to paint it off with the brush and cotton wool bud, paint the remover on to the excess paint and wipe if off after a couple of minutes. But you run the risk of losing a sharp outline of the eye or take paint of the eyeball itself, not to mention what the remover might to the the plastic... I hope that helps... If you are extremely careful, you could remove the paint with a fine brush and paint it off, so to speak.

Wish I knew what effect the remover would have on the plastic itself, I don't think I have anything similar to test on. I cant imagine it would do anything but I could easily be wrong, I dont have experience with this type of thing. I do have steady hands though.

Generally plastic handles it well. However, you'll have to wash the exposed area really, really well, like 3 times! :D

Just take it slowly and it work for you. Just be slow and don't loose patience...

Should I avoid/aim for certain types of soap? Should I only use water?

after that I guess the only thing left is to look into getting the worlds smallest fine brush. that's like one bristle thin...

I worry about how the remover will set on the surface though. it'll probably seep into that little dip.

Should I delute the remover? anything other precautions I can take? any way to block off the eye itself? would probably require too much precision, not sure what I would even use.

Don't dilute it... Just apply, try and keep it on the paint, and continuelly remove it as you. Work in stage... apply, wait, brush off, wipe excess off, wet cotton whip, repeat that and then give it a soaking under the tap for 30 seconds on a really low pressure. Whip and the wet it again and dry it off. That's how I'd go about it... I hope it works out and my advice doesn't lead to Woody being damaged. I'd hate to see that happen. Gorgeous figure!

Speak to some of the customerisers on the board as well. DarkArtist, Darren Carnell & Les Walker, if you can get onto him.

Finally have both Woody & Buzz! I've always wanted two well done and to scale versions of these two character. They have finally been made and I have them! Two of my most satisfing purchases ever... No buyer's remorse here!
WoodyandBuzz.jpg

FINALLY!! A good pic of Woody with his hat on. I now need him too.

Congrats man, the poses are perfect and that pic is great.

Thanks Snake... Get him! One of my Favourite collectibles ever! My one issue with it is the stand... it could have been designed better. Also, just so you know, there is a thin layer of foam in my Woody's hat, I wanted it to sit the bit higher on his head.

Thanks for letting me know. My Buzz is here and waiting for me to open him on Christmas morning. Think I will get Woody from eBay this week to keep me going. Your pic has sold me.

Re the stand, is it just a bit unstable, or paint rub at the neck or?

Thanks Snake... Get him! One of my Favourite collectibles ever! My one issue with it is the stand... it could have been designed better. Also, just so you know, there is a thin layer of foam in my Woody's hat, I wanted it to sit the bit higher on his head.

How's your Buzz, dome all scratched up?

Does anyone have an exact source about Mr. Potato head coming out on Black Friday??:confused:

Snake: The stand's base isn't flat enough and has a weird flip selection. Also the plastic is too hard for the neck peice and can only be rotated and should have moved up and down, it holds Woody about a mm to high off the base. It holds Woody too close to the shaft of the stand and pushes his torso forwards.

Maulfan: My buzz's dome is in good nic, but does have some scuff marks. They should be packaged with a clear protective sticker...

This is my DREAM line up for the following waves!! Please comment on how likely you think this could be!!

Wave 1 August 2009
Woody
Buzz
Rex
Army men
Aliens
RC

Wave 2 December 2009
Bo Peep
Mr. Potato Head
Hamm
Slinky
Andy's room Toy 2 pack (Rocky, Lenny)

Wave 3 March 2010
Jessie
Bullseye
Zurg
Stinky Pete
Mrs. Potato Head
Andy's room toy 2 pack (Wheezy, etch)

Wave 4 June 2010
???

What do you think???:naughty

I find myself demotivated with pictures because of the scuffs on Buzz's dome and I really like it to be down but the biggest ones go accross the face on mine.

Back