Thinking About Selling My SS Star Wars Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macross-Junkie

Freaked Out
Reaction score
So with times being tight, and everyone being short on money, my household is no acception. I only own a few SS Star Wars figures, but with me having other money sucking hobbies, I've been thinking of selling my figures. It's not definite yet, but I wanted to get everyones opinion on what they think I should do. Should I tough it out and hold on to my figures, should I part out my figures and sell them, should I just sell my figures whole in the box. What do you guys think???

keep them till things turn around .... you will get more then and be better off .... selling know is like giving them away

You're not going to get much for SS figures so i'd keep em.

Quoted for truth. Even in good times you would be very lucky to get retail for SSC Star Wars figs.

Now as it seems with everything going to Hell in a handbasket you would be very fortunate to get even half of what you paid for. Just keep them, cut/curb your spending, or sell if your're desperate for cash. Good luck.

If you sell them, at least try to recoup your original costs. Too many people are dumping their figures for insane prices, depreciating their value, and worsening the climate for the rest of the collector community.

The editions are too high for the SW stuff to make any loot. But sell them, if your thinking about it, then somethings wrong, you must not like the figures or collecting, so I would get rid of them.

Do what is right for the family first, if you can get a few bucks to keep things going then do it. But if you can hold on to them a cut something else with out hurting the family, that would be great. Just remember right now it’s a buyers market.

Last edited:
I've stop collecting Star Wars 12" figures to focus on SW PF and lifesize busts... that said, right now I'm working out of Italy and can't sell them... I will the day I'll go back home... If I will come back to Italy... not for the next 15 months anyway... I have all the exclusives so I guess it's easier to sell them.

the sad thing is that you wouldn't make back what you initially paid for them. i'm only keeping mine in the hopes that they eventually break and give us a Dooku and a couple more of the EU characters.

Don't let the buyers control the market. Sell them only if you can get your money back. If more people did this, the figures would hold their value.

Do what is right for the family first, if you can get a few bucks to keep things going then do it. But if you can hold on to them a cut something else with out hurting the family, that would be great. Just remember right now it’s a buyers market.

I think Lopie is so right, family first. I think it is a good time to sit back and question what we are collecting and why? I think some people collect because they love collecting, and probably only really like a few of their figures. I would probably be one of those people, so I have to really fight the darkside and think about which figures I really like and which I really want.
I only have a handful of figures but I really like the ones I have got.

Macross if you do decide to sell your figures I wish you luck, and I am sure the rest of the guys on here do to, and if yoou sell them on here I think people will be more appreciative and willing to pay a good price than on the sometimes impersonal e-bay.

Dorgmal

If I sell mine, I think I may "Part Them Out", seeing as I can get a much better return on my investment that way. It seems people are more interested in individual parts than whole figures.

If I sell mine, I think I may "Part Them Out", seeing as I can get a much better return on my investment that way. It seems people are more interested in individual parts than whole figures.

This is the only way you can make a small profit or at least get your money back. I've done it and I havent lost money yet.

I ran into this and did a complete reboot with my collecting. Only buying my absolute favorite (iconic) characters.
Its a buyers market though and you wont get much for them.
How many do you have?

I tried to sell my Hasbro toys and I ended up donating them all to kids' drive....it was that bad. SW collectibles are hard to sell on the secondary market.

Back