Thinking about quitting this hobby.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_lfrijvOKUu1qd595n.gif

why did you attribute that quote to me? :lol

Good thing I saw this thread. Must stick to phase I clones only (or clones with both phase I and II :) ) and... maybe the iconic lego starfighters like an X-wing and TIE fighter (no capital ships :) ). :peace

I'm gonna stick to sideshow and ThreeA, Hot Toys is getting the boot, no big loss i got most the characters upcoming when they first came out & its not like they are collectibles anymore :slap

Last edited:
The completist mentality will kill you. Lose it and you will not only save yourself from getting into financial hot water, but you will enjoy collecting much more.

The completist mentality will kill you. Lose it and you will not only save yourself from getting into financial hot water, but you will enjoy collecting much more.

Lol easier said then done. I was. The same, but come on, had to draw the line somewhere or quit. :goodpost: this thread is a good reality check for me.

The way I look at it, you can always pick back up collecting when the money comes back around. Save up for the stuff you know is going to skyrocket in price after it's sold out. As much as Hot Toys is flooding the market with these expensive pieces, they stick around alot longer than they used to. I'm planning on using my SS rewards points on 89 Batmobile, but it will still be a major hit.

Even after dropping a few lines I was following and restricting myself to one purchase per character, the DC/Marvel superhero stuff has been absolutely brutal lately and getting even worse. There's nothing wrong with wanting it all, but when the rubber hits the road you gotta pace yourself.

Found myself getting a little bored with hot toys last couple of months but enterbay have filled that hole beautifully all in all i dont think there has been a better time to collect 1/6th figures .......if your about the figures.... hot toys batman and joker are near perfect the new danny devito penguin should be a great addition and enterbays black lable bruce lee and mib figures should be off the hook, there two scarface figures have been my highlight of the year ,love them!

:lecture Especially if you're trying to be completist with a whole bunch of lines.
Trying to kill off my completism for much of what I collect now.

There are just some figures that need to be paired up though. For example, Capt. America and Red Skull, Batman and Joker. But, if you're financially strapped, it's probably best just to avoid those lines altogether.

There are just some figures that need to be paired up though. For example, Capt. America and Red Skull, Batman and Joker. But, if you're financially strapped, it's probably best just to avoid those lines altogether.

Not really. I bought batman without joker:blissysmi

For me, it use to be a great hobby and a love. That was 2 years ago, now they are just toys.
Hot Toys bought me into this hobby and they are the reason I'm out. It's not even so much the price but the constant rehashing of figures and the same old. The WOW factor isn't what it use to be.
The figures are taking forever in enter the North American market from initial pre- orders and the brittleness, lack of quality control of the figures make you wonder is this worth it in the end?

Amazingly, of all the figures I bought, the DID samurai collection is the only one I'm keeping - the rest are for sale.

Batman without Joker is like a Peanut Butter sandwich without the Jelly. You gotta have them both.

Not really. I bought batman without joker:blissysmi

And I've got the Joker without Batman. I've also got the T-1000 without any other T2 figures; and Whiplash without any Iron-Man figures. My shelf is just madness I tell you. It all works for me though. Nothing bad has happened so far. Knock on wood.

I'm not really a fan of Batman, never really appealed to me on any level, but Ledger's Joker for whatever reason I find interesting. Batman though, or at least the Burton and Nolan Batmans, is nothing I have any interest in owning.

Batman without Joker is like a Peanut Butter sandwich without the Jelly. You gotta have them both.

Do all Americans have an aversion to the simple peanut butter sandwich? I've got OC Bats, which doesn't cry out for Scarecrow imo. And I loathed the TDK suit so much that I'll be very happy without it on my shelf even when I pick up Joker DX 2.0. You gotta try some freshly crunched peanut butter on a slab of crusty bread. It's delicious.

Peanut butter on its own is good, but making it with jelly is like making love. :lol

not if you're an anti-hero collector.
joker without the bat.
predators with out dutch.
terminators without john connor.

that's a theme on its own. :lol

Makes sence collect what you like, collect lines your stuck with aload of so so figures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back