Thinking about getting a PS3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Kain did you get yours yet?

Not yet I am seriously considering it. The only thing is I will not be able to mess with it till Christmas Eve because my Parents want to go in half(not that I'm complaining) with me for Christmas. That deal at wal mart will be what I go with and use the gc for a blu ray remote.

Not yet I am seriously considering it. The only thing is I will not be able to mess with it till Christmas Eve because my Parents want to go in half(not that I'm complaining) with me for Christmas. That deal at wal mart will be what I go with and use the gc for a blu ray remote.

Do iiiiiit!! That way when MGS4 comes out, you can game online with me, Ill, Badmoon, King, etc. Must have.

Do iiiiiit!! That way when MGS4 comes out, you can game online with me, Ill, Badmoon, King, etc. Must have.

How is the online service. I know its free and I guess I will need to pick up a mic. Oh and I definatly need it to game with you guys, now the only problem is my wife telling me I don't need it but thats when my son comes in handy with those puppy dog eyes and tells her that he wants it.:D

How is the online service. I know its free and I guess I will need to pick up a mic. Oh and I definatly need it to game with you guys, now the only problem is my wife telling me I don't need it but thats when my son comes in handy with those puppy dog eyes and tells her that he wants it.:D

Well the online service sucks right now, but the thing that everybody is waiting on is "Home". That will be the savior of the PS3. It's basically the home for you and your online profile, Sony's answer to the 360's dashboard. But, it's all interactive. Basically, you create 'yourself', kinda like a Mii. Then, if I see that you're online, my character can find you in your home, and then we can game together. I also heard (maybe rumors, not sure yet) that Home will introduce gamerscore for the PS3.

So by Spring/Summer of 2008, the online service will be drastically better.

DO IT NOW!! What are you waiting for!! :D

That's cool as hell man, I wish someone went halves on mine with me. :monkey2

I downloaded the Demo's to Drake's Fortune and Ratchet and Clank and they are AWESOME!! Plus the Blu-Ray's are bad ass, you're gonna love it! :rock

Have they said MGS4 will be online? If so that will be SIIIICK!!! :rock

Have they said MGS4 will be online? If so that will be SIIIICK!!! :rock

Hell yeah it will be. They had a video a couple months ago on IGN's website of the online feature. Full teams, cool mulitplayer games, and awesome special features. I can't find the link now but i'll try and post it later.

I plan on getting one, but two things bother me:

1. When will it use 65nm CPUs? (40gb is rumored to have a 65nm, but it's now in doubt)
2. When will they bundle it with the Dual Shock 3 controller? (it has both rumble and motion sensing)

Uncharted, MGS4, and GTA4 are my top three...

I want to see a good, serious, non-RPG SW game like what Shadows of the Empire was to the N64.

Picked up my PS3 last night and just bought The Searchers and The Unforgivin using the Amazon Blu Ray deal. Now I have some movies to watch on Christmas.:chew

What are the "killer apps" for PS3? Like I said above, I plan on getting COD4 when I get my PS3. Ninja Gaiden Sigma looks good. Any suggestions? I'm willing to try anything.

What are the "killer apps" for PS3? Like I said above, I plan on getting COD4 when I get my PS3. Ninja Gaiden Sigma looks good. Any suggestions? I'm willing to try anything.
Heavenly Sword, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune and Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools of Destruction. They are all really fun games.

Heavenly Sword, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune and Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools of Destruction. They are all really fun games.

Heavenly Sword was really good, it had fantastic graphics and top notch voice over's, the only complaint I would have it's pretty short, you can finish it in under 20 hours, I had heard it was a short game so I ended up just renting it. I've heard Resistance Fall of Man is very good as well.

Wife is really enjoying Folklore so far.

Evan

Back