thinking about ____ tracy custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agliarept

Super Freak
Reaction score
WIP Chester Gould "Detective Dicktracy Tracy" 1/6 custom (pics on 2nd page)!

Hi,

been on a ____ tracy kick lately and been thinking about doing a custom figure based on the new statue in Chicago by ____ Locher. figure should be easy but im having trouble trying to figure out where to get a decent yellow trench coat. I did see the new coats by wild toys and thought about dying their gray coat yellow.

not sure how thats going to turn out, but does anyone have any other suggestions where i could find one? also, if anyone has made their own ____ tracy customs, i'd love to see them. :) - cheers.

Last edited:
hi cool il give it a try, sorry i didn't know the character's name isn't allowed to be posted on a thread. I wouldn't know how else to spell it.

Did this one years ago:
mycustom-DickTracy02.bmp

mycustom-DickTracy03.bmp

I remember seeing this when i ran google search for it not too long ago. its a nice job, is that the coat and hat/head off of the 14" doll from the "PP tracy" movie?

@everyone else, lol, yea now i feel bad for saying the poor character's name. I really wanna get this custom _____ started lol.

Wow! I'm google-able!!
Yes I actually just the adapted head to fit a Sideshow body and then I adjusted the trenchcoat to fit as well as I could. Just a quickie custom that just "hit" me one rainy day.

awesome, do you have any other larger pics you could post? i was debating on either using the same trench coat you used to see if it would fit a regular 12" body or try to use the lighter (kinda see through) coat they made for the applause 10 inch figure.

what do you think?

Hi,

been on a ____ tracy kick lately and been thinking about doing a custom figure based on the new statue in Chicago by ____ Locher. figure should be easy but im having trouble trying to figure out where to get a decent yellow trench coat. I did see the new coats by wild toys and thought about dying their gray coat yellow.

not sure how thats going to turn out, but does anyone have any other suggestions where i could find one? also, if anyone has made their own ____ tracy customs, i'd love to see them. :) - cheers.

I DON'T believe it ! I was trying to figure out who "Tracey" was.
I was trying to figure out what word the poster was using , thinking "What reason would he have to drop the F- Bomb?
Until I saw the pics of the character and saw the issue was his first name.

Are we serious here or is this a joke ? or an automatic spell check?
So the nick-name for Richard or the contration (hope I can say that) for Detective is banned ?
We can't refer to an Iconic America character created in 1931 and enjoyed by families for decades by name.

Mr Nixon must be rolling in his grave

Jim

What a Dectective Richard !!!

btw--- who did the edit the poster or the mods ?

Hi,

yea i noticed my post was changed automatically as soon as i made the original thread without any edits at all. only when i checked the update did i noticed there was a blank where the blank was.

anyhow, does anyone have any other tips i could do or places i could find a nice yellow jacket. I like the idea of dying a triad trench coat but not sure if it will work from tan to yellow.

hi, still seeking some advice on tracking down a good yellow jacket for my custom. I got a 14" tracy yellow jacket but its too big and thinking i might have to get a 13" dc direct figure to fit it on. would like a nice 12" jacket tho. thoughts?

working on my tracy custom, dr manhattan is only temporary, but got the majority of the parts set up. thought i'd share it here.

ng3xb8.jpg

34s5jy8.jpg

im trying to do it as the figure on my poster. also the same pose as the tracy statue in chicago.

6dsow3.jpg

will update when i get more done to it this weekend.

Back